Author Topic: A New or Alternative North American Strategus Server?  (Read 12066 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: A New or Alternative North American Strategus Server?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »
This will not be run by classical. There is no correlation between your point and the topic at hand.
uhm, no need to get defensive, but... giving the keys to the server to a guy who is known for taking a password to another server, defacing it and banning random people? that doesnt sound like the smartest move i've ever seen.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

just sayin yo
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:30:42 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 05:30:21 pm »
He's got the keys now and is giving them to a responsible sober driver.  You've got your car analogy backwards.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 05:31:39 pm »
+1
He's got the keys now and is giving them to a responsible sober driver.  You've got your car analogy backwards.

i made no car analogy, the point is, if he is paying for the servers (as i understood) he controls the servers. even if he didnt know the root password, he has full access and can do what he wants

if it was a car analogy, it would be giving YOUR keys to your friend who has already drunkenly totalled someones other car and him saying "what? no i would NEVER drive drunk"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:32:56 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:18 pm »
uhm, no need to get defensive, but... giving the keys to the server to a guy who is known for taking a password to another server, defacing it and banning random people? that doesnt sound like the smartest move i've ever seen.
It was factual not defensive. He is more paying for the keys then using them, especially since official servers have admin tied to CD keys not simple stealable passwords.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 05:44:37 pm »
It was factual not defensive. He is more paying for the keys then using them, especially since official servers have admin tied to CD keys not simple stealable passwords.

uhm... i dont mean to offend, if you host the damn thing, you dont need the password to ban people etc. Just edit the ban list or edit the settings or do what you please.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:02 pm »
uhm... i dont mean to offend, if you host the damn thing, you dont need the password to ban people etc. Just edit the ban list or edit the settings or do what you please.

Trust Wooki, he owns servers...

Still after being banned forever I think he learnt his lesson :/
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »

dont trust me, im an aboozer. and i know perfectly well why i aboozed. I got bored with stuff, so i started fucking around. I don't know classical personally, but from some of his stuff i've read, i guess the same will happen here eventually.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:52 pm »
Now, why would someone go through the trouble to do something like that after all the work it is probably going to take to set it up, thus making all that work meaningless.

It's one thing for philosoraptor to give you an admin password and shit up a place at no real cost to yourself.  It's completely non-analogous to set up a server with the sole intention of banning a bunch of random people.

Also, Classical has done a lot for the community since his one bad action, and I truly believe he has seen the error in his ways and reformed.  After serving his time in the frozen wastes he's come back as a responsible contributing member of the c-rpg community.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:53:11 pm by Damug »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 05:52:04 pm »

I get his points but any potential damage would be limitet to only those servers, & chadz already made his decision  and I trust him too. NA needs these servers. Remember that this is zealots money not some random server.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:54:03 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »
I get his points but any potential damage would be limitet to only those servers, & chadz already made his decision  and I trust him too. NA needs these servers. Remember that this is zealots money not some random server.

Well no, it wouldnt be limited there. If it gets fucked up, chadz can maybe ignore it, which would be fucked up. Or if he does something about it, like abandon the servers there, it would kill of NA strategus until new servers were running.
NA already has servers, I still dont see what was wrong with Ecko's servers, strategus used to on those too.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 05:58:56 pm »
+1
Well no, it wouldnt be limited there. If it gets fucked up, chadz can maybe ignore it, which would be fucked up. Or if he does something about it, like abandon the servers there, it would kill of NA strategus until new servers were running.
NA already has servers, I still dont see what was wrong with Ecko's servers, strategus used to on those too.

Because guess what, ecko is ATS, and guess who fights in there? ATS.
Guess how many complains chadz got because of ATS Aboozing, lots.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »

Wookie, try playing on any of those servers during NA prime-time.  Then  try to imagine another 200 man server running on the same box.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 06:01:00 pm »
Because guess what, ecko is ATS, and guess who fights in there? ATS.
Guess how many complains chadz got because of ATS Aboozing, lots.

and eu didnt have abusers (lol me).
so you are saying, ATS has abuser admins, yet a guy who not only abused but also stole the password, thats the better alternative? Not to mention that ecko said long ago Strategus Administration and Normal Servers would be seperated.

btw, i do remember participating in strategus battles on ecko's servers. It was normal laggy for me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:02:16 pm by Wookimonsta »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »
He's just an ex-con trying to go straight and get his kids back.

Easy there Tom Jane.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 06:11:18 pm »
+1
He didn't steal the password.  It was given to him, then in a night of druken rage he logged on and did some stupid things.