Author Topic: Can someone describe to me how to install the patches?  (Read 359 times)

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Can someone describe to me how to install the patches?
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:15:13 am »
I will admit that Im a huge noob at this. Im downloading patches 0.230,.231 and .232 now. How do I install them and what folders do I put them in. I apologize if its already written somewhere else but I couldnt find it if it is.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Can someone describe to me how to install the patches?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:22:21 am »
+1
wow, noob is an understatement.  however since the devs are very poor in their documentation we'll give you benefit of the doubt.

if you are that far behind in your patching, dont bother downloading very single update.

New versions come in 2 forms, an UPDATE and FULL.

FULL = assumes you are new and dont have any of the existing files.  This is the best choice if you've missed several updates or have some sort of corrupted files or systemic problems.  It gives you every single file you need to play.

UPDATE: build of previous versions of the files, as not very file changes with a new version.  it only replaces files that have changed with the new version or adds extra files that werent there to begin with. This is the choice you should use if you are keeping up to date.  You cannot use an update to skip a version.  If you installed .230 update you must also install 231 and 232.  Because each of them could include files that have been changed.

So instead of downloading 3 updates, just download the full.  After that keep on top of things and just use updates.

To install the FULL version, simple double click the downloaded zip file, copy the CRPG folder inside it and PASTE it into your warband/modules directory.  If the folder CRPG folder already exists in your warband/modules directory, DELETE it first before you paste in FULL update.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:43:02 am by Digglez »