Author Topic: Strategus History  (Read 47252 times)

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
Re: Strategus History
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »
Kill the Shepherd and the Sheep will Scatter...

Or the sheep will democratically choose a leader and follow it vs the Wolf Pack threat..

or.. yeah scatter.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 12:31:21 am »
Wikileaks just released this desperate plea of help from Ninja Thomek to the other clans, it's from the beginning of strategus, near the end of the first war. :-)

It was sent to all the major clan-leaders around the 8th of september 2010.

Dear friends.

First things first. The war with the invading DRZ is nearing its end with victory to the invaders.

They came out of the blue, like small green dots, attacking at the heart of ninja territory. (Jayek) I warned them to back off, telling them what they were doing but they were unmovable. They were extremely aggressive, and coordinated their attacks well. freezing my troops, (then canceling battles) with superior numbers of players.

The reason they came to Ninja-land was that they saw a map with an "unclaimed" area.

What now? The Ninjas have about 500 men left, as we speak, just locked in a battle against 97..

I requested help early on, but it was usually to little or too late.

What I ask of you:
A coordinated action, containing forces from all the big clans and alliances, teaching the DRZ a lesson and forcing them to re-evaluate their claims. If everyone would send a force big enough/strong enough relative to their factions size, none of you would loose an edge over the others.

Reasons for it:
1. An exercise in warfare. The DRZ are a tough enemy. They have good communications, and seem very capable in every respect. The lessons learned here could be invaluable later on. Both in game mechanics, and all their implications.
2. I would not be surpriced if the DRZ quickly can become a major power in Calradia. A hard strike on them now, or soon, would weaken them enough that it would take weeks before they attempt anything again.
3. In the long game, you will stand a better chance of winning.
4. I will cite a modified version of a famous poem:

First they came for the peasants, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a peasant;
Then they came for the Ninjas, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Ninja;
Then they came for the Coconuts, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Coconut;
Then they came for the Nordmen of Fenada, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Nordman of Fenada;
Then they came for me--
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm sure you will find reasons against it, but if you ask me, this is the time to give a very dangerous clan a hard kick in the balls.
The faster the better.

I made a channel in irc called #warcouncil where I hope we can discuss this matter further, and coordinate actions. You are all welcome there without promises. At this point in time the Ninjas cannot offer much in return beyond our swords in battle. In the end we are content if we can keep our dark Ninja Fortress somewhere on the map

Ninja Thomek
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:37:05 am by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 01:01:50 am »
Althought it may not be written in a formate that can be used for this thread, information can be extracted from it, and well i had fun reading it (also shows strategus is more then meets the eye)

enough "ha"?  Ok it is time for an unveiling of some information if this has been the Shogunate version of events passed down to their members and allies. I laugh because it is so false it is almost unreal.

1) What the hell (this one is multi purpose)!

2) 22nd negotiated with DRZ on behalf of the Shogunate because I warned the Shogunate if they mess with DRZ they are gonna get fucked. So we worked out an agreement by which the DRZ would not wipe out the Shogunate army they would instead keep it locked down with small armies until the end of the war. Of course this went against the Shogunate allies (Ninja) interests to some short term degree, conversely it meant the Shogunate could help them later instead of getting wiped out by DRZ. They did help the Ninja later so while Ninja may not be happy to read this they sho9uld not be too pissed off.

Oh look evidence! Intentionally cryptic of course due to the secret nature of this deal. However if you cross reference the dates of these PMs you will see they coincide with the Ninja-DRZ War.
(click to show/hide)

2.1) "They made the RS take one of our villages" hmmmmmm. Really? See they took it of their own volition because they were not aware of the Strategus claims map. So after they took it as I know the RS and I knew the Shogunate (at that time at least) I brokered a deal to avoid war with RS and then again by extension their DRZ allies. This deal involved the RS being allowed to hold the village for a few days to recoup their losses before they would hand it back to the Shogunate. We the 22nd at our own cost would then help them take an alternate village. Of course after the Templars took all of our villages we were unable to support this agreement so as far as I am aware the Shogunate simply ended the deal and attacked RS without any communication.

Oh look more evidence! (hope you do not mind Black Corasair but it is hardly an important convo anymore)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Unfortunately they accepted the deal on Teamspeak so there is no record. Of course they claimed I forced them to accept later on and used that as a justification for why our mutual defence pact was no longer valid and so they therefore did not have to help against the Templars. Of course I always thought it odd that that only came up in the face of great opposition.

I would also like you to notice the level of dedication to our mutual defence pact that I exibited in that conversation with Corsair. Mentioning several times that if RS went against you then we would be forced to act against them.

3) Guess you are all idiots then. Because after I saved you two times from a foe superior to you in numbers, skill, grinding ability, strategic thinking, honour, respect and class you went and attacked them anyway like the colossal idiots you are. Oh and what happened? Despite your powerful allies, two of the most powerful factions in the game? Oh yea like I warned you going up against DRZ got you all fucked :)

I always knew it was smart to keep records, see I abide by my deals and my words so it means if I keep a record of them when people start lying about the truth I have something to back me up. Of course I do not expect everyone to believe me, maybe I just forged all this!  :lol:

Anyway honour and respect! The Shogunate way!

:roll:
[/quote]

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 01:06:38 am »
I mean the whole diplomacy part of it is a huge part of the game. That's why I want the new strategus to have benefits to small factions like 2x defender tickets in your capital fief. That way more people can take part in the diplomacy and the intrigues can grow more complex lol.

It's a pity 99% of players only experience the battle-part. Not to derail the thread, I would love to see some more documents from other clans, if they can dig it up! :-)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 01:21:35 am »
So the one thing we need to take from this here is; it's factions sitting idly by that are the most responsible for DRZ's current state...Hope some factions can learn from history or they are doomed to repeat it. Or so the saying goes  :D
On it.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 10:35:31 pm »
So the one thing we need to take from this here is; it's factions sitting idly by that are the most responsible for DRZ's current state...Hope some factions can learn from history or they are doomed to repeat it. Or so the saying goes  :D

You're forgetting something. Druzhina & the Strangers (I can't speak for the rest) are fairly benevolent conquerors, and they make themselves easier to reach diplomatically than others.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »
Fuck I have a really long history of strategus, too bad I wrote it in italian... Maybe I'll summarize it in english when I'm bored.

So far Leiknir gave the most accurate account btw

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 09:45:46 am »
So far Leiknir gave the worst account btw

Fixed it for you
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:47:56 am by krampe »
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 01:50:10 pm »
Fixed it for you
Why do you say so? By the information I have, and trust me, I was inside lots of things, Leiknir was accurate and he didn't even go deep with Templars' mistakes.

What do you find biased?

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 02:29:28 pm »
I love the Ninja's plea for help,  looks like they were right, at least as far as the Templar's are concerned.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 09:35:06 pm »
Why do you say so? By the information I have, and trust me, I was inside lots of things, Leiknir was accurate and he didn't even go deep with Templars' mistakes.

What do you find biased?

Anyone with half a brain knows that truth is relative.  The only way to truly find an accurate account of anything is to try and piece together as many different accounts as possible, which is the point of this thread.  Everyone is biased, and there are things that I don't agree with in Leiknir's account, but then again I am biased too.  Also, i don't think there is a whole lot of difference in accuracy between the accounts so far, though there are some different opinions as to motivation.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 01:08:36 am »
The plea for help is ok.. but I wrote a much more angry account right after we lost the war, Maybe use that in stead, or in addition?

We'll I want to make the "Deal" they offered public and write a short history of the war from Ninja point of view.

The DRZ came onto us out of the blue, striking at claim Jayek with no warning or communication. I managed to track down their leader, and told them to stop or they would face war.

(The reason for their attack was presumably a map made earlier with no marked claims in our area..  :roll:  I was alarmed when I saw that map at the Uxhal conference.. On the other hand I was ignorant of the mysterious DRZ, which i never saw much of in 3 months playing cRPG. I simply didn't know they were the largest russian clan around, or else I might have yielded early..)

Day after Uxhal they attacked Jayek, and I let them do it, simply in order for them to wear down both themselves and AI Jayek before I attacked. After randomizing DRZ troops for a day, they started to get a drift on how randomizing and warfare worked. Quickly they adopted the  "1/10 lockdown by numbers" strategy. Where they simply froze all our movement and hindered us to reinforce and consolidate our movements. The Ninja administration was not ready for this, and we could simply not react quick enough because we were not yet established on TS and irc channel. War in strategus is a 24/7 game, and dealing with it takes a serious toll on the life and quality of sleep of the players.  :-)

After this they simply continued their strategy, beating us in battles, by:
1. Economical advantage (gear/more player based income/not wasting gold on taking ai fiefs like ninjas)
2. Crew trained in tactics from Native clanbattles/leaders
3. Former experience in fieldbattles, of what works etc.

I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling some of them have experience from the typical space-empire browsergames.

It was also a great advantage for them that they early understood the recruiting system, and they were probably there every hour to recruit. (This system is now changed though)

The "Deal" and negotiations.
After Ninjas began to understood how powerful DRZ were we offered them some of our claims. (Ismirala, Ismirala castle and Curaw, Curaw was perhaps a bit far fetched, but nonetheless. :-)

At our meeting today, they were as well offered Fearichen (Already taken by them, but peace offered in return)

The offer they made to us was as follows:
"Leave your/our land with a 600 man army + peace". It is an offer of nothing, and a simple insult.

Therefore, my friends, the war rages on.

The Ninjas might be beaten for land, but we cannot die, (Neither can you) we have more friends than you do, (some haters too i reckon, but we love you still :-) and we will pop up and make love to your skull with our katanas when u least want it. xD

In any case, we still respect you, as soldiers, diplomats and generals. But we hope you are still humans, to understand our rage.
(And you can have that laugh now)

Ninja Thomek

- "Ninjas! Just when you thought you were safe.."

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 09:59:47 am »
Haha, in cRPG history is written by the losers.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 10:41:00 am »
Anyone with half a brain knows that truth is relative.

Not really.

The only way to truly find an accurate account of anything is to try and piece together as many different accounts as possible

No it's not. The most accurate account comes from the most accurate source. Truth is not in the middle.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:42:19 am by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 02:44:25 pm »
No it's not. The most accurate account comes from the most accurate source. Truth is not in the middle.

I disagree with you on this one. If a most accurate source could be determined, it would be "most" true. However, ppl disagree on which source is most accurate, and as such IMO there are no real "truth" (Unlees you establish somekind of "truth", from which you can further develop other truths (Math could be an example of this))

Therefore i find it the most accurate, the most true, to have multiple accounts from different sides. Just like Boss_Awesome has done.