Author Topic: Retirement Question: Serious (yaino :P)  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Retirement Question: Serious (yaino :P)
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »
So I'm curious about the new system.  I'm hearing all the time about the guys that are getting double my xp per tick while on the same team due to being gen 10 or some such silliness.  I read the new retirement info update that you can retire at 15 (no bonus) or 31 (bonus) but I'm curious if the gen xp multiplier is part of the bonus or no bonus effect.

Meaning, if I retire at level 30 will I gain the bonus xp multiplier, but no heirlooms, or do I in-fact have to reach 31 to get the xp bonus as well?

Ideally I would like my main to hit the hard cap of 35, but as I play it seems this is only going to be possible if I start retiring to get the xp bonuses.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
Re: Retirement Question: Serious (yaino :P)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28:10 pm »
XP is part of the bonus.
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 08:01:50 am »
I would make it more understandable fro players by saying:

lvl 15 retirement is purely char reset, same name,set to lvl 1, you keep stuff + gold = good if you mess up your build or want to play something different and cba to grind to 31 (recommendations usually if ur lvl 22 or lower, still worth retiring without bonus, as you can get to 22 in span of an afternoon :))

lvl 31 retirement = heirloom, generation increase (connected with xp bonus, every generation gives 100xp per minute more, so gen 10 will have 1900xp/min on x1 [as there is no bonus on gen.1]), not sure tho how it is with names here, if you get to keep ur char or have to make new one (gonna know as soon as i farm 700k xp more :))

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 11:24:10 am »
Level 15 retirement just resets your XP to 0. In order to get XP bonus, your generation must increase and that only happens for the level 31 retirement (you get gen+1 and 1 heirloom modifier). You don't need to namechange for any retirement, but you get a free 24h namechange in case you want it.

Level 15 retirement is totally worth it if you want to change your build, I did it at level 30 (keep in mind that 30-31 takes as much xp as 1-30) after the heirloom theft.

And yeah, I think it's unfair that people who were gen 10+ before the patch get double xp now, just encouraging them to retire over and over again. To make it a rather elite think and to keep heirlooms rare, the XP bonus should have been removed as well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:25:42 am by Punisher »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2384
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 12:43:26 pm »
As someone already posted, there is 9k XP cap which means:

x5 multiplier - after gen 8 you gain nothing besides heirloom (1800 XP per minute without multiplier)
x4 multiplier - after gen 13 you gain nothing besides heirloom (2250 XP per minute without multiplier)
x3 multiplier - after gen 20 you gain nothing besides heirloom (3000 XP per minute without multiplier)
x2 multiplier - after gen 35 you gain nothing besides heirloom (4500 XP per minute without multiplier)
x1 multiplier - after gen 80 you gain nothing besides heirloom (9000 XP per minute)

In order to achieve average XP gain per minute of 9000 XP, one must win average 50% games and have many generations behind him (I'm not sure how to calculate this but I think it's beyond gen 30). Being that high generation means that it'll take him a lot of time to play as gen 30 and above character (I'm not sure but my crude estimate is that's more than 200 hours put into that generation only) to achieve infamous lvl 35 which is if I'm not mistaken around 140 million XP. If we take into account that average c-rpg player will need two weeks to get to lvl 31 and retire which means average gen one or two player will need 60 weeks of WORK to get to gen 30 and 60 weeks equals 420 days or 14 months! Going from gen 16 (I believe that's Kesh prepatch) to gen above 30, even if he retires every 4-5 days will take him 56-70 days which is about two months. In that time chadz will release another patch which will fix this issue if needed and nulify Kesh's hard work.

I haven't done any serious math in a long time, I encourage those who are better than me (most of you I suppose) to try and create correct model which will gave us all precise numbers.

EDIT: I need to correct myself. I forgot to add a month or more for imaginary Kesh to get to 140 million XP (if what I've written above is near to being correct). Also I heard but I'm not sure about it that it still takes 7 days to retire regardless of amount of XP and lvls someone has. If that's true that's 7 days x 14 gens = 98 days + 30 or more days = 128 days which is more than 4 months for imaginary Kesh to get to lvl 35 if I'm correct in my calculation.

Also, lvl 35 isn't gamebreaking as most of you think it is. Before the big patch me, being a lvl 31 was perfectly able to kill players who were lvl 43 and above. That's 12 lvl difference. Now that's just 4 or 5 lvls. People who are more skilled than me had no problem killing me before the patch (and being lvl 44 like Ujin was if I remember right) and they certainly have no problem now, even if I'm lvl 30 and they lvl 25. Being higher lvl can help a lot only if their skill if very low but even then it's not hard to kill them.

And if you're worried that someone about your skill lvl will have an advantage over you because he played longer than you and therefore you want to take that away from him, in that case you're an ass. Everyone of us choose how to spend his god given time, if he wants to play more c-rpg that is his problem not yours and he needs to have that slightly edge over you. That advantage was solid before, now it's all about different builds. Being lvl 35 will put you slightly above those of your skill lvl but won't make you twice better than them. Don't forget my point is that getting to lvl 35 takes too much effort. Since I heard that you're lazy musician Gorath, I wouldn't recommend to that to you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:15:28 pm by Leshma »

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 01:33:40 pm »
Here is NO problem with "high-gen" players.
Because :) or they gridning for new retirement. And that means what they have 20-30 lvl. And are the same as you.
Or they sitting on theirs backs and trying to reach 32-33 lvl. What isn't deadly to us (casual players) too.
+2 or +3 lvls compared to our level ISN'T so huge bonus. 
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login