Author Topic: Version 0.232  (Read 26130 times)

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
Re: Version 0.232
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:51 pm »
:o
Ca$hville 615

Offline Corpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Robin_Blade
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
the arrows fly in slow motion and i make minus gold every round :)
The things that you own end up owning you.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2011, 07:31:35 pm »
What happened to throwing damage? We have twice as much ammo, but it takes more then twice the amount of successful hits to kill now, kinda making me question the whole "throwing got a buff" statement.

I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »
What happened to throwing damage? We have twice as much ammo, but it takes more then twice the amount of successful hits to kill now, kinda making me question the whole "throwing got a buff" statement.
I noticed the same thing. Really I think giving throwing this much ammo was not the way to go. Ammo amounts (and 2 slots per stack) were mostly fine before. It just needed some fine tuning IMO (like increased requirements which they did and I'm glad for that). On DTV I hit weeboos with like 3 throwing spears on my 12pt character before they go down. Pretty ridiculous. Is that weeboo armor that good? I'll have to check the stats. I would much prefer less ammo but harder hitting than more ammo and weak.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:51:34 pm by Lichen »

Offline Leithlen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Devout_Leithlen
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2011, 08:13:40 pm »
I haven't played DTV since before 0.230, but I remember those peasants taking about 3 arrows as well.  They have very little armor, but seem to have a rediculous amount of health.
Leithlen
Order of the Holy Guard

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2011, 08:52:09 pm »
I noticed the same thing. Really I think giving throwing this much ammo was not the way to go. Ammo amounts (and 2 slots per stack) were mostly fine before. It just needed some fine tuning IMO (like increased requirements which they did and I'm glad for that). On DTV I hit weeboos with like 3 throwing spears on my 12pt character before they go down. Pretty ridiculous. Is that weeboo armor that good? I'll have to check the stats. I would much prefer less ammo but harder hitting than more ammo and weak.

Apparently what happened is a global change in how damage is handled, and while it had the best of intentions it's quickly turning out that it buffed armor through the roof. It's pretty impossible to kill someone in plate with range now, or even in general really. Cut weapons are all pretty worthless now.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 03:31:23 am »
Guys can someone tell this noob how to update it? I have no idea what folders to put this stuff in.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 03:37:24 am »
Guys can someone tell this noob how to update it? I have no idea what folders to put this stuff in.

If you dl just the update, copypaste and overwrite the files in the modules/crpg in your Program files/steam/steamapps/common/mount and blade warband/modules/crpg .... or to the place u installed it if you dont have steam :)

Just open the cRPG folder and overwrite the files by those from update

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:22 am »
This really isnt working for me. I have version 0.233

Offline Lady_Diesalot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 03:54:37 am »
Okay.. DtV still needs a lot of work. It depends entirely on the team you have, if the people have no idea what they are doing, it isn't fun at all. Plus the rewards don't even come close to paying repairs. I lost 1k trying it out last night, 2k just now playing it. To some vet serious players, that isn't much, but to us casual players, DtV is virtually unplayable now. I can't afford to play it, and I'm not even using any plate armor.

Please go with my suggestion, keep it so there are no repairs. No one will get rich without them and it will give us a little bonus to playing it. The exp isn't that much either, compared to the old version.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 04:12:47 am »
Okay.. DtV still needs a lot of work. It depends entirely on the team you have, if the people have no idea what they are doing, it isn't fun at all. Plus the rewards don't even come close to paying repairs. I lost 1k trying it out last night, 2k just now playing it. To some vet serious players, that isn't much, but to us casual players, DtV is virtually unplayable now. I can't afford to play it, and I'm not even using any plate armor.

Please go with my suggestion, keep it so there are no repairs. No one will get rich without them and it will give us a little bonus to playing it. The exp isn't that much either, compared to the old version.
When I tried it before the latest patch there were no repairs and I thought that was intended. I was great. People could wear whatever they wanted that they normally couldn't. Kinda like a 'reward' mode. I agree with your suggestion. Just make it so you can't get rich off it (less gold than seige or battle or even NO gold) and give some xp of course (maybe a bit less than than normal) and it'd be great I think.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:14:42 am by Lichen »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 04:15:06 am »
This really isnt working for me. I have version 0.233

redownload the full version then :)

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 04:16:27 am »
^ thats what Im doing now. Thanks for the help.

Offline WSC_Sorokopud

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Sorokopud
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 04:28:40 am »
Why do we need 1 sloted polearms if the cant stop horses now??? I think that was a very bad decision to do such a thing. If all good shields now use 2 slots. I would like to use Short Spear 1slotted polearm as alternate weapon to try to fight with horsemen somehow, but i can't because it does not stop horses now..... So for what kind of a use is for all theese 1 slotted polearms?

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 04:35:50 am »
Taken from previous version patch notes:

- restored old flying arrow/bolt models
The new models were awesome. You could actually SEE the arrow leave the bow. Made it feel like you were shooting a real bow. Old ones are just like a boring 'stick' that you can't even recognize as an arrow. Can't you just change the arrow texture to be more visable/bright? I really liked the new ones.