Author Topic: Lost the feeling of CRPG with new patch  (Read 4613 times)

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
Re: Lost the feeling of CRPG with new patch
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:12 pm »

1h+huscarl shield + 8 throwing spears...do i need to say more?

not to mention great hammer crushes right thru them everytime. altho throwing is becoming jokey. when a dude throw a rock 200 yards something isnt right
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:44 pm »
Now that the hotfix is here, I am happy.
My main 2 "the game broke" issues the devs agreed and fixed it (Nuclear warheads for bows and the high upkeep).
*shrugs*

Simple mind simple pleasures.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 11:22:20 pm »
I think it's a fairly good patch.

Just remember after every patch comes a flood of rage (me over the HA nerf). It dies down and people realise it actually will be ok. Maybe upkeep sucks though :P

+1 because your a HA, good state of mind  :D

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_HentziTheHun
  • IRC nick: HentziTheHun
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 11:26:41 pm »
Blondin I can give you the script for the next months:
Lots of HAs go throwers ( cause Throwing is fking overpowered ) they will make noobs players whine and in the new patch throwing will be heavily nerfed again and hopefuly HA will be restored or overpowered.
This circle is going again and again till devs cant make a normal patch what is good for everyone.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 11:26:57 pm »
So why has the active playerbase been constantly increased?

Well, when you're the only game in town..   ;)

Really though, the actual playing experience now is virtually no different than it was 8-9 months ago.  All the slight changes in item stats, gold earning, upkeep, retirement.. in the end, these just make a minor impact on on how one would spec and equip a character.  The game was fine enough back then.  It's fine enough now... though fundamentally no different aside from DTV, whenever that is consistently working.

People still whine about archers, or spammers, or tincans, or cavalry, so on, being OP.. and not because the charge is actually true, but merely because they are whiners.  People will never be satisfied no matter what you change, because most just want their own build to be stronger and the others weaker.  Personally, I wouldn't waste my time tweaking any of it.

I just hope the return of Strategus isn't trolling, though :P

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 11:27:55 pm »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 11:29:05 pm »
Blondin I can give you the script for the next months:
Lots of HAs go throwers ( cause Throwing is fking overpowered ) they will make noobs players whine and in the new patch throwing will be heavily nerfed again and hopefuly HA will be restored or overpowered.
This circle is going again and again till devs cant make a normal patch what is good for everyone.

Hentzi...since the hotfix, HA is perfect in my opinion. It benefits pure HA and punishes those who are only putting a couple points in it. That's good for us. Once you get to 4 HA it's about the equivelant of what 3 HA was before. Which is still good. I honestly don't think it's a problem now. The slower arrows don't matter to us either, we ride close and shoot. Riding at speed is possible. I hit 18-4 k/d on one map once I got used to the arrow drop (mostly because of the excess noob archers who really don't pay attention to HA about to head shot them).

Throwing isn't OP. It's normal. It's good to see it back, plus plenty of throwers like holding their shots which means you can shoot them before they release. Lots of fun. Adds a nice challenge + counter for HA.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:32:43 pm by Overdriven »

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 11:32:19 pm »
Overdriven you are right in an aspect, but the best option would be the bringback of old options for us. HA was not an OP class, it was as "OP" as it is now. It comes from it nature that you can runaway while shooting that is why you are  "horse archer". The nerf was / is really not needed, my champion arabian warhorse can be shot with 1 arrow and ye that +1 HA point should count like in former patch did.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,10229.0.html

Until I'm actually playing Strategus, given the, er.. sense of humor of the devs, it may well be a big 'ol troll. 

Actually.. even once I'm playing it, I'm not sure I can be perfectly confident about it being legit  :lol:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »
+1
Overdriven you are right in an aspect, but the best option would be the bringback of old options for us. HA was not an OP class, it was as "OP" as it is now. It comes from it nature that you can runaway while shooting that is why you are  "horse archer". The nerf was / is really not needed, my champion arabian warhorse can be shot with 1 arrow and ye that +1 HA point should count like in former patch did.

Ah the horse issue is different. It can be frustarting when my spirited courser goes down to 2 arrows and not even a head shot.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:43 pm »
Ah, there are the oh my good the patch ruined everything topics. Before you GTX, just wait a while till the dust settles, all the hotfixes have been released and I'm sure it won't be that bad.

Although I think every patch changes the game drastically instead of slowly working towards perfection. So it gets huge changes that requires a balancefest after every patch. Wouldn't it be time  to leave the game as it is and slowly fix minor issues until it hits perfection?

Offline Tuonela

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuonela, Merc_Tuoni
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 11:35:01 pm »
If you like playing as ha, you can play it even after all the nerfs. This patch merely removes those who played it because they got kills with it. (And those weird ha hybrids)

And Hentzi: HA was OP. I could join a server knowing that I will likely top the scoreboard.

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 11:35:14 pm »
Nah it is not an other issue. It belongs to my class like bow and arrow:)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 11:45:55 pm »
Nothing new here. Anytime we release a patch a few people threaten to quit, and the rest rages how the old patch was better.

Let's take a look back.

When we released last patch (the one people currently consider better), everyone cried how awful it is, compared to the previous version.

Same for the version before. And the one before. And the one before.

Also, people that really want to leave ususally don't post a goodbye message - they just leave. Everything else is just a cry for help :)
That is not true chadz, not everyone. I personally think that the last patch before this one  was the best cprg patch ever made to date... Wasnt perfect that is sure  but it was the closest thing to a balanced game. When you added the upkeep system i was pissed out, not but the system itself  but for knowing all my friends were going to quit  (as they all did, you know, ppl with jobs, sons, wives etc etc). I played it for a while and then just took a rest from crpg. When i came back to play again (few weeks ago), i was really pleased about the patch i missed its released. The upkeep system did the game much better yes that is right, even if the system didnt have the best implementation the first days. Then i realized it was a good move. Ive been enjoying this "new" patch for me until this last one patch. Main problem is horses are turned into shit. The 40 degrees limit is a bad move that doesnt solve any problem. The guys will just take a more "gay" aproach when charging, risking much less (understandable), will bump much more (understandable too, since sometimes is just much less risky to run on that guy who is a treat) and will lead to lame cavarly gameplay. Actually 1h cavalry men rip lancers to pieces, and that is silly and sad. It just makes no sense that a person with a shorter weapon has the advantage in cavalry combat. For the rest is ok i believe. Salute.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 11:50:28 pm »
Actually 1h cavalry men rip lancers to pieces

:shock:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login