Author Topic: Upkeep too high -(impossible to HA)  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: upkeep too high
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »
Probably 2 quivers of bodkin arrows, probably a melee weapon with 0 wpf wich broke each round.
no, actually im not that kind of my old friendcher, i got 90 wpf for 2h and 2 quivers of.. cant remember the name but those arrows that give you +2....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »
All I can say is my Cataphract horse had to be repaired 3X in a row how nice those rounds were only 3-4 minutes too.  That's over almost 11k just in 10-12 min of game play.  I'm not even including the other things that got broke.  I just say this because I heard things were supposed to cost more to repair but happen less didn't seem that way.  And wtf I thought a glavie was a fairly cheap weapon why is it 900 to repair?  If my shit is Masterwork or 3x loomed shouldn't it break less?

I actually lost 70k playing yesterday for just about 2 hours and I was only on a horse 1/2 the time playing the rest and even then only 1/2 the time on the mount was I the Cataphract.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:10:58 pm by Felagunda »

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:41 pm »
as long as there is cataphract and plated horses the upkeep isn't high enough

Offline Dumertone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: iFail
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
+1
Upkeep is still high with 0.231. Of course, less, than in 0.230, but still too high.

I'm a focking xbowman, and crossbow (middle one) is around 733 to repair ( pre-0.230 arbalest (top tier) was 934 to repair). Wtf it's basic crossbow, it's not even top-tier weapon. What, I'm supposed to use hunting crossbow if my team fails to cooperate\lacks skill? That's not my fault ffs. Upkeep should be reverted. There wasn't much tincans\heavy horses\other feared shit on the field, upkeep was doing its job ok.

Now I'm seeing lots of naked\almost naked ppl running around farming gold just to play 1 (fucking one) round with med-rier equip. wtf?

And I can't even imagine what new players (with no savings) are going through.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »
There are an awful lot of peasants it must be said  :shock: Easy kills for me though lol.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:03 am »
Upkeep is still high with 0.231. Of course, less, than in 0.230, but still too high.

I'm a focking xbowman, and crossbow (middle one) is around 733 to repair ( pre-0.230 arbalest (top tier) was 934 to repair). Wtf it's basic crossbow, it's not even top-tier weapon. What, I'm supposed to use hunting crossbow if my team fails to cooperate\lacks skill? That's not my fault ffs. Upkeep should be reverted. There wasn't much tincans\heavy horses\other feared shit on the field, upkeep was doing its job ok.

Now I'm seeing lots of naked\almost naked ppl running around farming gold just to play 1 (fucking one) round with med-rier equip. wtf?

Complately agree. Nobody can afford good equipment now. +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 10:59:41 am »
People in peasant gear are 1 shot kills for me.

Made about 8k gold yesterday, after playing an hour and a half on X5. That's 90 minutes of 250 gold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 11:02:30 am »

Made about 8k gold yesterday, after playing an hour and a half on X5. That's 90 minutes of 250 gold.

usually u dont get 1.5hours of x5.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 11:04:30 am »

I remember the upkeep started when I was still a peasant, hard times, I almost left the game, but it was still viable. I really hope this isn't going to make all the new people go away.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:46 am »
Sounds a bit overstated. Just a bit.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:22:08 am by DarkFox »

Offline Dumertone

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 11:10:49 am »

1) Not everyone is an archer ( whos equip is averagely cheaper )
2) Not everyone gets to the winning team so often
3) Not all classes can use "low-armor plague" to their advantage so clearly.

At least smb can earn smth... But you got to agree, right now it's even more about pure luck than before patch. Now it's about witch team gets more archers, while pre-patch ranged kills were MUCH more rare. Everything was balanced rather good, devs should've gone with 2 tweaks :
1) 0.231 HA ( 0.230 was ridiculously useless, while pre-patch they were kinda imba (but, tbh, there wasn't so damn mauch of them and they only were a problem at the end of the match, when they'd often be last survivors))
2) 40 degrees lancing tweak. Great stuff 

Sounds a bit overstated. Just a bit.

By "naked" I don't men literally naked (seen only about 3-5 of them on siege server yesterday); What I meant was "lightly armored" or "using crap equip", when the very same ppl were rocking in decent (not top) equip pre-patch, going with rags only if on VERY unlucky run.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:19:27 am by Dumertone »

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 11:11:53 am »
1) Not everyone is an archer ( whos equip is averagely cheaper )
2) Not everyone gets to the winning team so often
3) Not all classes can use "low-armor plague" to their advantage so clearly.

At least smb can earn smth... But you got to agree, right now it's even more about pure luck than before patch. Now it's about witch team gets more archers, while pre-patch ranged kills were MUCH more rare. Everything was balanced rather good, devs should've gone with 2 tweaks :
1) 0.231 HA ( 0.230 was ridiculously useless, while pre-patch they were kinda imba (but, tbh, there wasn't so damn mauch of them and they only were a problem at the end of the match, when they'd often be last survivors))
2) 40 degrees lancing tweak. Great stuff 
go jump off a cliff
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Dumertone

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 11:17:01 am »
go jump off a cliff

Lol I know the pain when your class is nerfed to ground (used to quit over it couple of times, lol), but you got to agree lancing as it was pre-patch was:
a) unrealistic (not rly matters to me)
b) unbalanced (slow ppl like newb peasants due to their 3 agi HAD NO CHANCE TO ESCAPE at all)

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 11:23:44 am »
everyone is so biased, that one say he pays too much for cav but is happy with ha nerf, other one say he pays too much for armor but is happy with lance nerf... Etc...

Offline Dumertone

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:31 am »
everyone is so biased, that one say he pays too much for cav but is happy with ha nerf, other one say he pays too much for armor but is happy with lance nerf... Etc...

This is called being  OBJECTIVE; when ppl don't scream "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH PATCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH IS AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL REVERT REVERT" but rather discuss what's good, what's bad, what was nerfed too harsh ( HA in 0.230 ), etc.
Imo, those 2 fantastic quickfixes were possible coz forum population was objective and instead of raising a shitstorm (how it used to be in early cRPG) are trying to help devs fix thing so that this mod is more and more enjoyable.