Author Topic: Patch and Horse Archers  (Read 5884 times)

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_HentziTheHun
  • IRC nick: HentziTheHun
Re: Patch and Horse Archers
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 12:58:37 pm »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:01 pm »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:26 pm »
what r u talking about, archer, xbow, throwing, lance,hidden pike can all kill HA.

now perhaps...anyways, the HA was not imbalanced in my POV, just the problem is, once the people saw someone on horse with bow performing well, they want to try it too, its good, better than foot archer as you dont have to walk around slow, and as the guys were getting better and better and more importantly: more coordinated, the HA became pain in the ass....when u tried to get to some town to get a cover just to be raped few second and meters before by 5-6 HAs circling you, that was not fun...

In the huge battles on some maps, one or two good HA can make a difference. Iirc chadz said that EU were flooded by HA, so there was needed to make something to prevent it from spreading even more. I believe good players will get used to this again, so maybe the numbers of HA will decrease over time.

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 01:02:04 pm »
I'm 2h, but have a HA alt. HA is useless now. You have to stop to have accuracy, and HA was meant to shoot while moving, attempting that now is like trying to shoot a musquito while running.

Also, HA doesn't need to OP explosion arrow bows. HA and archery was fine pre-patch.

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:19 pm »
Cepeshi lot of people went HA cause throwing as nerfed. If nothing would be happened to Horse Archer, only the Throwers would have been overpowered, lot of HAs would disappear and only little amount of them would stay. Before the old patch there were about 6-7 horse archers on EU servers maximum. After that a dozen of throwers came and play horseshooter HAs. If only the throwing would have been restored lot of HAs had gone back thrower. But now we are useless so I think I stop till some dev realise the situation.

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 01:14:11 pm »
now perhaps...anyways, the HA was not imbalanced in my POV, just the problem is, once the people saw someone on horse with bow performing well, they want to try it too, its good, better than foot archer as you dont have to walk around slow, and as the guys were getting better and better and more importantly: more coordinated, the HA became pain in the ass....when u tried to get to some town to get a cover just to be raped few second and meters before by 5-6 HAs circling you, that was not fun...

In the huge battles on some maps, one or two good HA can make a difference. Iirc chadz said that EU were flooded by HA, so there was needed to make something to prevent it from spreading even more. I believe good players will get used to this again, so maybe the numbers of HA will decrease over time.

DO u have any idea how fucked it is now for HA? We cant aim at all when moving...even when we move slightly we cant aim at all.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 01:16:10 pm »
Cepeshi lot of people went HA cause throwing as nerfed. If nothing would be happened to Horse Archer, only the Throwers would have been overpowered, lot of HAs would disappear and only little amount of them would stay. Before the old patch there were about 6-7 horse archers on EU servers maximum. After that a dozen of throwers came and play horseshooter HAs. If only the throwing would have been restored lot of HAs had gone back thrower. But now we are useless so I think I stop till some dev realise the situation.

i was playing thrower before the patch and actually was not that bad, so dunno why all throwers went to HA, but there you go, you said it: HA is FOTM, well, was...not now :)

i do not have a HA char myself, so i could not care less actually, but getting sniped by a galopping guy from half the map was quite bullshit

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:36 pm »
HA is the reason i play this game too, time for some Third age total war.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »
I dont want to sound harsh, but as most of my chars (2 out of 3) are melee, finally i can get to some action without getting raped by whorsearchers :))

i feel ur sadness tho, i was thrower before the nerf and came back to it just with my fun char, but still, perfectly viable
 give it some time, play some games and you will either adapt, or reroll or go, that happens all the time

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 01:28:55 pm »
Don't mess with HAs, Cepeshi x)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 01:34:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)

i dont, but they do mess with me! :D i am just a poor infantry footmen who wants to slash some other footmen and i cannot reach the battle cause of u guys! :D

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »
(click to show/hide)

i dont, but they do mess with me! :D i am just a poor infantry footmen who wants to slash some other footmen and i cannot reach the battle cause of u guys! :D

then go ahead and slash footman, no1 is stopping u. we got plenty of other archers, xbow, throwers, HA to takecare of.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 01:48:44 pm »
then go ahead and slash footman, no1 is stopping u. we got plenty of other archers, xbow, throwers, HA to takecare of.

interestlingly enough it barely happens that ranged would go for horses or other ranged, they just love shotgunning into melee, so this argument is waaaaaaaaay off :) and yes, i do know i cannot expect others to play smart, but, i do :P

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 01:53:44 pm »
what r u talking about, archer, xbow, throwing, lance,hidden pike can all kill HA.

Rofl.

If an HA is idiotic enough to run into a pike or a lancer, then he also can suicide himself without help.

You also forgot to mention 1h, 2h and polearms which should comprise more than half of the playerbase and can't do shit againt even one HA.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 02:09:55 pm »
Rofl.

If an HA is idiotic enough to run into a pike or a lancer, then he also can suicide himself without help.

You also forgot to mention 1h, 2h and polearms which should comprise more than half of the playerbase and can't do shit againt even one HA.

you wouldnt last 2 days on a HA build, seriously Kafein your logic is flawed which has been proven couple of times and when someone proves your wrong you just start talking shit in another thread

and to answer your question "Are there any non-HA players complaining about this ?" yeah i think their accuracy got screwed way too much