Author Topic: Need a little guidence  (Read 710 times)

Offline FloppyKitten

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Need a little guidence
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:10:40 am »
Hey, so I recently started playing got to level 17 and am not so sure I wanna stay what I am. I am using a 1hander and shield and like it for the most part, but wanted to use spears.

My question is, are spears viable and even if they are not can you guys tell me what kind of stats I want to get?

Thanks for your help!

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
Re: Need a little guidence
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:16:21 am »
shield + spear isnt so viable, it deals small dammage and only one attack direction. if you want to use spears, you can go 140 in 1h rest in polearm, and use spears normally,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:54:43 am »
I use a red tassel spear with only 36-37 weapon prof. and i do fine.

The speed of the spear will help u put out damage and catch enemies and horses off guard.

This is a support weapon though, you cannot kill someone 1 on 1 with it with a shield in hand.
(Unless they are retarded) (Unless they are "Full retard")
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:14:30 pm »
get at least 100+ WPP in polearms and start by using shortenspear or spear.  Stick with teammates and stab enemies when they try to attack your teammates.  Also help box in enemies by keeping your shield up and stopping them from backpeddling from your allies.

You wont get alot of kills but you really help your team alot.

Lastly, you'll see alot of good spearmen use little spins or shovels to increase the speed of the spear attack and resulting damage+stun.

Shovel:  Aim your thrust at the enemies feet than raise it up as it goes thru them.
or
Spin:  Keep enemy on your left side, when you see enemy open up start stabbing to the right and spin it around to the left into the enemies side.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:16:10 pm by Digglez »