Author Topic: Cavalry changes discussion (Version 0.230)  (Read 11294 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Cavalry changes discussion (Version 0.230)
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »
made some research to check how real lances were used, and found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXMkJ1rBhg

seems 180 attacks werent much of a trouble, the attacks behind seems more tricky

also some pics unfortunately in not very good quality

hats off to the lobby that made it happen, obviously the game is more "realistic" now

Problem is most people here seem to think that lances were only used in the heavy knight jousting style in epic big straight on cavalry charges :rolleyes: Considering people only use the light/heavy lance, 180 would make far more sense than 40. Hell even 90-100 would make more sense.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:28:16 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2011, 07:33:42 pm »
+1
This is what hollywood has made to the younger....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Inporylem

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: EXGK_Inporylem_the_gentle
  • IRC nick: Inporylem
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:58 pm »
Cav sure is god damn hard to play now it might be a good thing too :P But this so called nerf to archers is just horrible. Horses are getting oneshotted by every peasant ;/

i am glad with patch, but im going to miss cav on cav duels.. :_/

This is something i hate the most too it changed the role of cavs totaly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:38:27 pm by Inporylem »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2011, 07:37:44 pm »
Cav sure is god damn hard to play now it might be a good thing too :P But this so called nerf to archers is just horrible. Horses are getting oneshotted by every peasant ;/

Tis true...my courser only takes 2 arrows now. Not even head shots. It used to take a good 4 most of the time :( Makes HA duels far more boring as they tend to be fairly instant affairs. No circling round each other pumping arrows into each other.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:39:54 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Felix_Iron

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sword Brothers
  • Game nicks: SB_Felix_Iron
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2011, 07:40:26 pm »
If these people think that the new system of use of a lance is realistic. Why they won't make realistic a bump damage from horse (if horse skipping on full speed) to man?

Return old system of use of a lance

Offline Inporylem

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: EXGK_Inporylem_the_gentle
  • IRC nick: Inporylem
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2011, 07:59:37 pm »
If these people think that the new system of use of a lance is realistic. Why they won't make realistic a bump damage from horse (if horse skipping on full speed) to man?

Return old system of use of a lance

Or maybe speed should have something to do with how much you can rotate your lance? Or just advertise the game more so we have more peasants to kill!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:01:12 pm by Inporylem »

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2011, 08:02:55 pm »
what they fail to see is that this will be even worse for those "anti horse" guys. You just screwed yourselves with this patch. Horses are less fun now. you cant kill other horses. You can just backstab ppl, and horsemen will do that even more since there is nothing more to do. Its not that cavalry wont provide you many kills and joy, its just that it will be more cheap and boring. But if you though it was bad and found cav annoying, wait until you get back stabed 10 of 10 cav attacks. While before you were back  stabed about 50% of the times. these guys believe the horse nerf will make their lives easier when the reality is that you will always be backstabbed. Forget those times you could kill a horseman in a frontal engangement coz you rarely will see the face of a horse but her butt instead as she runs on your dead corpses :)
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 08:06:39 pm »
It really does make lancer cav only good for zipping in and backstabbing. They won't take any risks now so there will be even less opportunity to kill them as a footman, it's just going to be more frustrating. The real solution is to make 1h+shield cav more attractive which they did.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:47 pm »
Yeah the fact cav isn't so good vs other cav does kinda mean the nerf just made it harder for inf...which is kinda amusing  :lol:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 08:15:42 pm »

seems 180 attacks werent much of a trouble, the attacks behind seems more tricky

also some pics unfortunately in not very good quality

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

hats off to the lobby that made it happen, obviously the game is more "realistic" now

The guy in your video doesn't even wield his lance like in the game. It's closer to the couched lance than the awkward one handed lances we have.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »
Why did increasing the spd of the heavy lance make it hit alot less harder.  I have 7 power strike and going full speed on a peasante in a T shirt on a 41 spd I can't 1 shot him.  That's new for my 3X heavy lance. 

Also I think the the angle of a couch being greater than the angle of a stab is retarded espically seeing how the couch does 3X damage and the stab oh the heavy lance was reduced to shit b/c it's spd rating was change.  Also why change the model I f'n hate this new heavy lance look.  It's stupid shit change it back.  Granted I can still own as cav but I gotta get on my Cataphract to do that and about an 1 hour of that yesterday lost me 40k gold and I was rocking 3x-5x most of that hour.

Was this spd rating dmg reduction change intended?  I mean it's what happened to arrows you slowed them no they hit 40-60% harder.  Also I know this about Cav and lances but why is my HA rectical no so big it's like I have negavite Horse Archer skill when I have 3 of it?  Maybe if you meant to do this you need to put HA down to a skill that you can lvl with 3 per agi?  B/c even at the slowest trot on my hourse my reticale is about 2X bigger than when I used to go full spd on the horse and shoot.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:17:19 pm by Felagunda »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »
The guy in your video doesn't even wield his lance like in the game. It's closer to the couched lance than the awkward one handed lances we have.

Animations are never going to fully reflect the use in reality. The same way blocking is represented by a solid block, which makes no sense in real life. Doesn't mean it can't be changed to be as close as possible to a decent solution though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:19:22 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Felix_Iron

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sword Brothers
  • Game nicks: SB_Felix_Iron
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2011, 08:26:44 pm »
Or just advertise the game more so we have more peasants to kill!
That will be with the man at armor (in real life) if it will be bumped with a horse? I think after that he can't stand up, run and fight as before. And nerf jump for inf.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:30:16 pm by Felix_Iron »

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2011, 08:27:57 pm »
the attack angle decrease is actually an decrease in reach.  a lancer has not much more reach than a 2hander now.
-anything outside the attack angle is a threat,
-anything long enough inside the attack angle is almost certain death of the horse
-anything inside the lance is a threat.

imo lances are now,  probably like irl,  a major secondary weapon.  a first blast,  after which one should change to a hacking weapon,  1 or 2handed.

i demand a free respeck,  milk and cookies! : )

Well you are right about the angle change being detremental to your hourse.  You gotta ride the expensives horses now with some serious armor otherwise all that ranged that just started hitting even harder yet again, plus the return of thowers (which I must say i'm super glad to see it's viable to throw again) will mess you're shit up. 

Even if you're not getting into melee range on a guy you're trying to lance down while being  forced to be super close to b/c of shity angle limitations then you're hourse is getting fucked up by range (or maybe even you if ranged is aiming for the rider).

Offline Jailbait

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2011, 08:28:15 pm »

Great video!  That's what I was looking for but the cav demo was the only thing i could find last night.

Besides thrusts to side and (weaker) rear, it also shows slashing with the lance tip, and use of the sabre while retaining the lance!