Author Topic: Version 0.230  (Read 51680 times)

Offline Leshanae

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Leshanae
  • IRC nick: Leshanae
Re: Version 0.230
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2011, 03:27:29 am »
 + 40 degrees for a lance is enough. The thing is that now cav can't kill an inf, being near it on walk speed or standing; and for that I need a second weapon, more likely long 1h + shield rather than some hafted blade. As for me, this logic is more realistic. "40 degrees" is a good solution, more interesting and fun.
 + Archers got ballistic changes and a slow missile speed, but the damage is high. So if you want to kill, you have to learn maths well. There will be less noob archers probably. Good news for everyone :)
 + Renaming some items, adding new ones. We need moar equip to grind gold!

- Everyone soon will become a 2h+thrower again. Armagan&Co did a good thing nerfing the kick: before the nerf kikcks were used by everyone, now it is only for the most expirienced ones, for masters. When the donkey crew nerfed throwing, that was good for only skilled players used them. Now noob throwers are EVERYWHERE already. Easymod is disgusting.
 - I dunno what happened, but a sumpter horse is now not a horse anymore. Broken golfcar, which can eat and shit.
 - Looming a courser is pointless, if you need to catch a HA bastard or ANY slower horse. My +3 courser is gonna die in the stable, it waits there for a new patch since looms got nerfed. The thing is that a courser is practically useless for tactical targets after the last patches. The last two patches killed the best thing in all horses - speed. Good that maneuver of arabian is still high...
 - Being in a light armor and with a hafted blade, I lost nearly 2000 gold in a round.
 - Returning the old facegen. I guess it is just buggy and will be corrected, then returned.

Anyways thank you devs for your awsome job!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:29:53 am by Leshanae »
"No one ever wins. No one finally loses, except the dead. Under the sun they rot together with absolute biological equality" (c) Berzerker

Offline LLJK_The_Gingerbread_Man

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:11 am »
I'm unable to do Skip The Fun.  When I click on the tab and enter my password, I receive this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method player::getAllCharacters() in /var/www/crpg/webcrpg/class/class_player.php on line 1160

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2011, 03:29:13 am »
My two cents after testing post patch:

1 - Archery isn't nerfed, the arrow effect it's more realistic and still does a lot of damage overall. (I can two shot in the chest a tincan with my MW Horny Bow and MW Bodkins, PD 7).
no its not, with the current missile speed, arrows drop way to soon it isnt realistic in any way

Real HA is dead at the moment, its a pity because it was some of the most difficulty and most fun playing classes, now an archer have only a Horse to ride away faster when melee comes...

hmm upkeep cost...the problem is upkeep for all the grinders with 24/7 plate is no problem with 100000+ gold
for poor peasants and player who only play a bit its to high..

and with the new less wpf more upkeep thingy you will find more and more archers  without melee weapon who ran away when meleespammers come near...

good would be a upkeep system which only damage items full when they are in use...
for example:
an archer have longbow, 2 bodkin and 0 slot hammer...straw hat white tunic,leather boots
in a round he shot 10 arrows ->repair possibility 5-10%
hit with hammer 3 times ->repair possibility 1,5-3%
get a hit from a backstabber 2 time(dead^^) ->repair possibility 5-10%

would be hard to impossible to add when i guess right :D

i would like a new buy function too...nothing is for eternity...so lets say a longsword was repaired 100 times in the past, than the chance that the item is destroyed is 1%, 100 repairs more 2%, etc.

so someone who use the same weapon really often needs to rebuy it at some time
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:12 am »
no its not, with the current missile speed, arrows drop way to soon it isnt realistic in any way

Real HA is dead at the moment, its a pity because it was some of the most difficulty and most fun playing classes, now an archer have only a Horse to ride away faster when melee comes...
uhhhh
I was just playing in NA as an HA and went positive every round after I got used to arrow drop rate.
Murchad, a better HA then me, was topping the score boards.
HA is fine now. Honestly, I understand why you are complaining but I kind of like HA now. I might play mine more. I will say this: 27/12 HA is probably best HA by far now hohohohoho. I'll be remaking my 21/18 ha into it again.
Repair is retarded though. It was in a good spot before.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2011, 03:39:49 am »
uhhhh
I was just playing in NA as an HA and went positive every round after I got used to arrow drop rate.
HA is fine now. Honestly, I understand why you are complaining but I kind of like HA now. I might play mine more. I will say this: 27/12 HA is probably best HA by far now hohohohoho. I'll be remaking my 21/18 ha into it again.

Trust me, it fucked up HA for me as well. I made a huge mistake even thinking on going HA, I am highly thinking about respecing and never trying HA again.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2011, 03:40:52 am »
Plate armor still sucks :(
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2011, 03:41:58 am »
uhhhh

I think an accuracy nerf was necessary to bring it into line with the cav nerf so that you can't 2 shot everyone horses/rider and infantry. But it seems just a tad extreme. I'd like to be able to shoot say as accurately as 2-3 HA was pre patch at 4 HA now. But right now it isn't even that. Just feels like pure HA have been hit a little hard here.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:45 am »
I found that once the drop rate became familiar it was quite possible to do well. That said, accuracy is not at all good even with HA of 4(as per Overdriven's post).

I am however not sure this new HA is better for the game than the old

In general though the old saying applies, "Don't Panic..."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:46:17 am by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2011, 03:49:38 am »
I have no idea why, but when I install for some reason game still think I have 1.134 version of M+B, but when I first log in it says I have 1.142, and cRPG warns me it will not work as 1.134, trying to figure it out

retarded computer

and the M+B update patch thinks I do not have M+B installed at all so downloading a 1.142 clean to install it on I guess
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:51:19 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2011, 03:52:21 am »
+1
I have no idea why, but when I install for some reason game still think I have 1.134 version of M+B, but when I first log in it says I have 1.142, and cRPG warns me it will not work as 1.134, trying to figure it out

retarded computer

Do you use steam? Did you use Garus's fix of adding in a line that makes crpg think it's running the old version? If so, you need to remove that line. It's the Module.ini in the crpg folder. The line is compatible_module_version = 1223 .

If you have to reinstall the 1.142 patch, make sure you install that and then reinstall the new crpg patch. Otherwise it'll still do the same thing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:53:54 am by Overdriven »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2011, 03:55:54 am »
Real HA is dead at the moment, its a pity because it was some of the most difficulty and most fun playing spoiling classes, now an archer have only a Horse to ride away faster when melee comes...

Fixed.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2011, 03:59:12 am »
Thank you for nerfing the fighting axe seeing as it was so OP and alot of ppl were complaining about it. It also looks so much better now, not retarded in the least
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:01:42 am by Stormcrow »
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2011, 03:59:48 am »
noooo my sword lost 1 spd :(

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:07 am »
The Throwers are coming! The Throwers are coming!
(hides)
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Waylander918

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2011, 04:05:05 am »
Neat patch, lots of drama xD

I found that I can't access my character from the steam web browser anymore even with my cookies cleared. I can do it if I alt tab, but that causes MB to crash sometimes. Can any of you access your character in c-rpg.net with the steam browser? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it is immensely more convenient to access your character sheet in game instead of alt tabbing and maybe crashing.