Author Topic: Accuracy and WPF  (Read 708 times)

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
Accuracy and WPF
« on: July 10, 2011, 04:12:42 am »
Hi

I'm a new player and been trying to get a feel for the game. Read few guides and there is lots to learn :P

Have two questions that I have not been able to find an answer to.

1. I do know that weight of armor lowers effective WPF (helm 3x, gloves 2x). But I couldn't find the link between accuracy of weapons and WPF. Is there such a thing as too much WPF? Like if you were playing naked and you had a weapon with accuracy 97 and WPF of 130. Would then 130-97 = 33 points be wasted? Am talking about pure accuracy here not the damage bonus.

2. Closeness to battle. Read someplace that you get more exp if you are closer to the main army bulk? Is this true? Sounds weird to give a minus to archers trying to keep their distance. Anyone knows how "far" is "too far"?

3. Do you get more damage with bows, crossbows and throwing with higher wpf? Or is it just for accuracy?

Thanks in advance
Arkonor

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
Re: Accuracy and WPF
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 04:54:36 am »
1 : I dont really know but with my bow, i see a huge difference from 130 to 160 even if it's 99 accuracy, mainly draw speed, size and timing of the reticule
2 : This was the old system. Each kill in a radius neer your char would give you some exp and gold (depending on the lvl of the ennemy that died), now you get 1000 base exp/min of gameplay dead or not.
3:With bows;yes
crossbowsl; no
throwing; errr, who throw anyway?

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: Accuracy and WPF
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:00:36 am »
Accuracy is capped. But the accuracy number doesn't mean wpf, but the max accuracy you can reach. For strongbow I found 150 wpf good and didn't notice any increase in accuracy after that, for stronger bows I think more wpf is needed.
It also influences damage for melee, throwing and archer, speed and how long you can hold the bow drawn I think. There is no cap on these effects but as it becomes harder to raise wpf the difference will be slight over 130 wpf here.

2.) When you can't hit anymore (Everyone gets the same xp everywhere, try to win for better xp). :mrgreen: