Author Topic: Stone hits not Registering!  (Read 927 times)

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 'Pals' of Palestine
  • Game nicks: IGN : Disenfranchised_Palestinian
Stone hits not Registering!
« on: July 09, 2011, 08:21:00 pm »
I may be incorrect about this, but a number of us dedicated rock throwers have noticed what seems to be a problem with rock hits registering as an actual hit. Often I will throw a rock at a person and it will make the 'hit sound' but no effect can be seen (usually a hit is correlated with a stagger stun). This has happened for as long as I can remember. I would say this happens 1 out of every 10 hits or less, and is game breaking for a lot of us who rely solely on rocks. And other times rocks seem to go through the intended target. I don't think this has anything to do with the enemies' armour; even if the damage against an armoured opponent is miniscule from a rock, it should still stagger them, especially after that sound. Am I wrong here?

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Stone hits not Registering!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:25:02 pm »
I think you are wrong, in fact, its the same with all projectile and melee hits: if they don't do enough damage, you will not stagger anyone.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 08:29:49 pm »
I think you are wrong, in fact, its the same with all projectile and melee hits: if they don't do enough damage, you will not stagger anyone.

Pretty much this. the sound is just so you know that you hit your target and should not adjust your aim for the next shot.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »
ok, then my question is: how do some hits do not do enough damage to register the stun, but then the next consecutive hit does. Does my damage vary from stone to stone?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:44:34 pm »
At least for melee, if you hold down the attack button for 0.6 seconds after your attack animation hits the "ready" position, your damage peaks at 150% damage, then plummets quickly the longer you hold it, down to 120%. This may or may not apply for range and thrown, I dunno.

Also keep in kind that the speed of your target will also effect damage to a small extent, so if he changes directions a smidgen or such.

I am sure there are also other variables at work.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:57:04 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:38:09 pm »
At least for melee, if you hold down the attack button for 0.6 seconds after your attack animation hits the "ready" position, your damage peaks at 150% damage, then plummets quickly the longer you hold it, down to 120%. This may or may not apply for range and thrown, I dunno.

Also keep in kind that the speed of your target will also effect damage to a small extent, so if he changes directions a smidgen or such.

I am sure there are also other variables at work.
Afaik your damage doesnt plummet, the longer you hold it, the more extra damage is put into the swing, up untill your character 'shouts' as he releases the blow.

There are a lot of variables at work indeed, range, speed bonus, etc etc.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »
thanks for clearing that up, fellas.!

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:32 pm »
It's actually the armor soak and reduce wich is random, if i rememer well. The value change from 20% to 50%, or whatever. So some shots registered, others bounced off.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;