Author Topic: projectiles set the type o' demage! :p  (Read 354 times)

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
projectiles set the type o' demage! :p
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:31:13 pm »
hey guys i know you dont like fire and sword. well i do and i play it, nothing special about that...but i think devs could learn a lot from it!

the last major update for fire and sword changed a lot. for me the most important change:

type of demage is not now determined by the weapon which releases the projectile but by the projectile itself

i dont understand much about coding but wouldnt it be possible to copy that kind of demage system to cRPG?
for example barbed arrows would do cut demage instead of pierce and be less effective against plate but be more effective against unarmored people like it just makes sense...pls think about it devs

(we could also implement barbed bolts then and they would even have a sense  :D)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:33:00 pm by Armbrust_Schtze »
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: projectiles set the type o' demage! :p
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »
hey guys i know you dont like fire and sword. well i do and i play it, nothing special about that...but i think devs could learn a lot from it!

I agree, the cRPG devs should learn to change hardcoded things like the TW devs do!
Don't.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: projectiles set the type o' demage! :p
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:54:34 pm »
Wow, thanks alot. Why didn't we think of changing a hardcoded mechanic with a sleight of hand? Wait, we can't (without WSE). Actually it's funny that TW made this change now after it was suggested over 9000 times by the community within the last 2 years.