Author Topic: The bec de corbin, balanced....fast?  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: The bec de corbin, balanced....fast?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 04:54:44 pm »
+1
It's mostly used in dueling, for battle it's just too short.
I'd argue that it is an exceptionally well rounded weapon. The great maul is short but with coordination and the right lineup, it can be one of the best weapons to use in certain situations. The bec may be rather short but it is devastating to plate infantry. The bec allows you to use an athletics build 18/21 while maintaining the same damage or better against high armor as all of the other top tier weapons, at 27/12.

Also, basically 1/5 of 2h/pole on NA is a bec user. Very very few people in NA use a flamberge yet in the huge multi clan eu tourney, several people used them.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: The bec de corbin, balanced....fast?
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »
I'd argue that it is an exceptionally well rounded weapon. The great maul is short but with coordination and the right lineup, it can be one of the best weapons to use in certain situations. The bec may be rather short but it is devastating to plate infantry. The bec allows you to use an athletics build 18/21 while maintaining the same damage or better against high armor as all of the other top tier weapons, at 27/12.

Also, basically 1/5 of 2h/pole on NA is a bec user. Very very few people in NA use a flamberge yet in the huge multi clan eu tourney, several people used them.

Not even an exageration, though in cav heavy maps this can temporarily skew in a lower figure as everyone and their mother takes a long spear, though just do what Tydeus does and take both a Bec and a Long Spear :S
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.