i always need that 1 athletics
18 (8.3%)
i love athletics
170 (78%)
RIDE OR DIE(0 athletics)
18 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 218

Voting closed: June 24, 2011, 08:05:32 am

Author Topic: Athletics?  (Read 7258 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Athletics?
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2011, 12:32:18 pm »
meh i went to the NA duel server and pwned most people and im terrible on eu :D guess there is a non block epidemic on NA ^^ or probably the time i go on most NA players arnt around and vice versa :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2011, 02:00:36 pm »
Yeah come on eu3 when phyrex or bjord are on, i can promice it wont be your ping getting you killed. :/
Turtles

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »
I'm a horseman and usually don't get more than 5 athletics if not 0. But this generation I'm going for 15/21 (5 ps, 4sh, 6 ri, 7 at, 7 wm) to see if I will be doing better on foot.

Offline Shpongled

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • Totally shpongled, mate...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Shpongled, Merc_Shpongebob_Tightpantsh, Merc_Shpongtastic
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2011, 01:33:09 am »
Having played 33/3, 30/6, 27/9, 21/18, 18/21, 18/18, 21/15, 15/24, 12/27  and so on, both mounted and on foot, melee, ranged and throwing, the overwhelming difference between agi and str build is this:

The player with the faster build dictates the terms of the engagement.

As such, str builds shine when the circumstances allow the player to circumvent this, for example mastery flags, siege defence and camping/ambushing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I gotta turn down my merc application as i was in a pub and would be of no use to you. Maybe it's good for you in the end, although i was motivated to see the first merc's defeat ever in strategus."
 --- Beauchamp

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2011, 03:44:43 am »
I keep going to the Eu3 duel server with 200 ping trying to duel the better players when I can find them. I apparently have yet to run into them because I keep fighting a bunch of people who can't footwork a damn and keep dying while trying to circle spam me -- but do it wrong and don't block? I must be missing the hours better players warm up on the eu duel server. Going 7-1 against assumedly new players trying to get better isn't any fun.
You guys need a memo saying "holding the S key is a bad idea in duels" or something on the eu duel server, seriously. Holding the S key or holding A or D and trying to circle exclusively is not conducive to learning how to properly block or footwork.

I'm not even good by NA duelist standards.
I'll keep stopping by on random instant level 30s though. blocks not working due to ping ruins the fun though. Dying exclusively due to ping makes me sad.

Its the same way in Native actually, Europeans duel far more reserved than us Americans. They like to try and dance in and out of our range, whilst we just rush and hammer our opponents till they die.

...'least thats my experience.