Author Topic: the_prison (siege, dungeonmap)  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Cohen_HRE
  • IRC nick: Cohen_HRE
Re: the_prison (siege, dungeonmap)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 02:19:01 pm »
take a look at the terraincode/scenes.txt:

scn_scn_the_prison scn_the_prison 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000000300005000004715e000004dd000067b500007708
 outer_terrain_castle_9

other problems:
1. New players don't really know, if they are attackers or defenders(a gate for the attackers ?).
2. Something seems to be wrong with this map/our setup, it totally fucked up our server cfgs and spammed errors.
3. The stairs are very buggy, you are stuttering while walking over them.
4. Some clanmates, noticed me about places, where you can fall out of the map...

good points:

- good design
- nice idea
- many details

good luck with this map
with some tweaking it could become a nice map.

Maybe you can fix the circular stair with barriers as invisible floors, right above the steps...

first of all, thx for the feedback!

- fixed the scenes.txt

to 1.
attackers are always on the right side of the teamscorescreen you get with tab :)
the gate is to delay the attackers for some time, so the defenders have more time to rush to the gateroom. i'll try to think of something else.
maybee also write some messages with bones on the walls :)

to 2.
can you give me the errorlog? maybe i can figure out where to look, otherwise i have no idea where to start, cause it seems to work fine on the eu_siege servers.

to 3.
i'll try to improve them as zagibu said, thx for the idea. if i fail, i'll replace them with something else. i have no clue with what, but i'll find something :)
my first idea was, that those stairs prevent the attackers from rushing through this way cause it takes some time. but i can understand that those are just too anoying.

to 4. i'd be glad if you could tell me where exactly those places are so i can fix them. tested the map with 5 ppl lately and we couldn't find any.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Cohen_HRE
  • IRC nick: Cohen_HRE
Re: the_prison (siege, dungeonmap)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »
updated.

Patchnotes 1.1:

- removed the old stairs and replaced them by normal ones. should work fine now.
- added text to walls, so ppl can find the flag and see if they are attacker or not more easily.
- changed some floors

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:07:51 pm by Cohen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login