Poll

Should we be able to have the opportunity to re-heirloom our equipment?

Yes (Good idea)
45 (77.6%)
No (Bad idea)
7 (12.1%)
No Opinion either way.
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: January 23, 2011, 07:43:54 am

Author Topic: Heirloom reset  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Heirloom reset
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:03:34 am »
Hey, I am probably like many of you, I have heirloomed all sorts of stuff before the patch, that is no longer usable because its too expensive.  I would love it, if like our skills their would be a reset letting you re-spend your heirlooms.  Let me know what you guys think? 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Heirloom reset
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:10:52 am »
Mine is very expensive to wear
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 05:22:04 am »
Heirloomed stuff repairs at it's base cost iirc.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 05:22:44 am »
Heirloomed stuff repairs at it's base cost iirc.

this is true. althought I sold a couple of hierlooms before I was told this because I thought i'd never be able to upkeep them!

Offline Formless

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 05:31:42 am »
I am still talking about the base price, if I knew how expensive sword of tears was going to be I would have not heirloomed it.  And waaaayyy back before the patch, if I knew that upkeep costs would be applied to items in the future I would have never heirloomed Black armour. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:34:25 am by Formless »
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Blackstone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cimmirian
  • Game nicks: Blackstone
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:58:05 am »
Thinking this through I agree. There should be a heirloom reset based on each persons generation.

Heirloomed items and additional WPF were the pre-patch incentives for retiring more than once (since the first time provided an opportunity to reset stats after game familiarity). With the additional WPF removed, and now heirloomed items much too expensive to use, having retired multiple times and spending weeks griding to level up again was a painful total waste of time in retrospect.

In addition, some of my double heirloomed items lost speed. They gained damage, but when I heirloomed the items it was for the speed, not damage.

I agree that a heirloom reset would be fair based on each persons generation. The same rational for reseting character stats applies to heirloomed items. Maybe this could be incorporated into the retiring options now being developed?
A warrior moves through the world all day, yet he himself is unmovable.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 06:12:56 am »
I agree with this.  We got a chance to respec at the beginning of the patch, being able to re-choose heirlooms would be cool.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 06:16:57 am »
I agree with this.  We got a chance to respec at the beginning of the patch, being able to re-choose heirlooms would be cool.

Or just retire and heirloom something else?

Each retirement goes faster after all.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 06:33:58 am »
AirPhforce you presented no argument favouring that option over the heirloom reset.

I vote reset.

Offline Formless

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 07:42:01 am »
In addition, some of my double heirloomed items lost speed. They gained damage, but when I heirloomed the items it was for the speed, not damage.

Blackstone, that is one of the things I was thinking about, thanks for expressing it in such a clear way.  For example, for one of my alts I heirloomed a Grosse Messer, which is a short sword but what made it worth using was the speed of 101, before the patch.  A balance Grosee was even faster with a speed of 104.  However after the patch the Messer was nerfed to speed 99, and the first heirloom after the patch gives no speed bonus.  The Messer I have is not the type of sword I wanted in the beginning of the whole process, basically it became a wasted heirloom.

Given that items have been changed in price, damage and speed we should be able to re-heirloom our items as some of the equipment we bought and heirloomed we  would have never bought and never heirloomed have we known about the change in stats.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:14:03 pm »
I agree. I vote for heirloom respec option.

Any admins or chadz able to let us know what their thoughts are on this, and how (un)likely it is?
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 05:38:19 pm »
I completely agree and I even made a suggestion topic about it some time ago (here).

EDIT: After seeing the post below I have been thinking about a possible way to implement a way to refund our heirlooms. My idea is that we would get a new "currency" (calculated with Generation - 1) and receive access to a special shop which allows us to buy heirloomed items, costing 1 to 3 points depending on the modifier. Removing current heirlooms is a bit more tricky and the only idea I've been able to up with is to remove all heirlooms from everyone as they would still be able to re pick the same ones using the new shop if they wish to do so. Just wanted to throw this idea here, there are probably better solutions however.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:48:24 pm by Belmont »

Offline Shigeru

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Saminjatan
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Ronin_Shigeru
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »
It'd be cool but I don't think it could be done easily because of the way heirlooms are done, but eh if chadz can do it without taking too much time then great.

Offline Blackstone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cimmirian
  • Game nicks: Blackstone
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:49 am »
*Raises a frothing mug of Mead in appreciation of this issue being quickly addressed in patch 0.210*

Aye, onward to bloodsoaked battlefields I say, with balanced odds of survival and skewered heads, and in appreciation of our past deeds and efforts for our heirloomed items, I thank you Lords of Development! Our laughter and joy from burning glory now envelopes us all! Onward I say to freedom or death!   :D
A warrior moves through the world all day, yet he himself is unmovable.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:31:06 am »
A masterwork side sword sounds nice post patch
Just a soldier