Author Topic: Reset of all generations, xp and gold needed URGENTLY  (Read 5461 times)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Reset of all generations, xp and gold needed URGENTLY
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 07:06:26 pm »
I'm not for a reset, but if devs should reset to re-open Strategus then let's go i don't care.

Btw, it's funny how some of us think that a RPG must be a grinding game... Role Playing Game, this means you should acting in a way that fit to the history and personnality of your character, not that you must grind to up your attributes and skills. But i guess the mistake came from big game developers, tabletop rpg was really acting and playing, now it's just grinding, no role play anymore... hopefully chadz is more old school!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:15:50 pm by Blondin »

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »
I don't understand, how can you be so sure he tried to enrage you on purpose? You guys can just declare a thread as "troll-thread"?

His first post is retarded: 5 gold per gen? Really? Like WTF. This IS a troll made thread.
Resets have been discussed many times but Donkey Team is intelligent enough to understand many veteran players would leave and the mod risks dying if it's reseted. On top of it, it would kill the market which is something they worked really hard on. Also, if they nerfed heirlooms and gen xp bonus its certainly a proof they won't reset things: it was a way to let veteran players keep their edge on new players by keeping their heirlooms while not letting them be killing machines cuz they have heirlooms.

Glaurung tu me décois vrm là criss c évident comme de l'eau de roche que c un noob en rage qui connait rien.

I seriously hope a dev come close this shit thread. I'm tired of noob QQers. If you want that much Thread Maker, I know many decent veteran players (myself included) that would be ready to make a noob alt and own ur ass with it, showing u that gens and heirlooms are not needed for ur case.

I'm not for a reset, but if devs should reset to re-open Strategus then let's go i don't care.

Btw, it's funny how some of us think that a RPG must be a grinding game... Role Playing Game, this means you should acting in a way that fit to the history and personnality of your character, not that you must grind to up your attributes and skills. But i guess the mistake came from big game developers, tabletop rpg was really acting and playing, now it's just grinding, no role play anymore...

BTW heirlooms are part of role play, "Me parents gave me this heavy mallet, I shall crush my enemies' faces with it!" It's a small way to make ur character differ from the others.

Edit: Also: in strategus, heirlooms have no impact cuz ur using the same gear as the others of ur team. The commander buys you equipment and you use only that equipment, not ur cRPG equips.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:15:15 pm by Siboire »

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 07:26:44 pm »
TROLLING STATEMENTS. MEANT TO INCITE AND INSULT MAJORITY OF PLAYERS

feed this "politer" holier than thou troll his negative points and mute him

The post was an obvious false flag attack by someone who just started, just play native if u don't want a game that involves leveling and progression,  like I said before I play no heirloom Alta more than my main and they top the charts too

But u are trolling and don't actually want to play the game, just keep telling everyone how stupid we are for liking the way the mod

U started two months after me and people started six months before me, so it sounds like u are just lobbying

I see u watching this thread ready to troll the next post, bring your high and holy attitude troll

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:04 pm »
See, this is what I find ridiculous. You guys are basically saying you play the game ONLY to get the in game rewards. That's an odd statement,  to say the least. In my point of view, the rewards I get are just the consequence of me playing the game. Because let's look at this, there is no way to get them faster. You can't grind in this game. You can't "work" for your rewards. You just get them after a certain time (an average 100 hours?). I don't understand why you guys keep pretending otherwise. The heirlooms cannot be the reason you play this game.

I am not saying i am only playing for heirlooms, but one of the reasons i play RPG's (and one of the reasons i love cRPG) is, that i like seeing my character develop and become better as i, myself, play more and become better. I have spent many hours playing this mod, and i've been happy every time i've lvl'd and retired because it means that my character becomes better or gets something new, which i enjoy. This is one of the reasons i find this game funny, it is not funny because of the heirlooms, it is funny because of the constant development of your character (ofc also because of the game play, but no reason to argue for that since t's obvious.)
A reset would make us all start all over again, ofc allowing us to still develop our character, but all that we have 'achieved' so far, would be gone, and part of our in-game 'personality' (cant find the right word here) would be gone with it.

So yes, ofc we find the game funny, but when you play as many hours as some of us do, it is also nice to feel some kind of progress.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 07:46:38 pm »
I think this would mathematically make things easier for me. My main is "only" gen 6. Worse yet, I play with a gen 1 alt all the time  :lol:

But I know that it will be done sooner or later, for whatever reason (Strategus could be one). And I don't really care anyway.

Now, what would you say if Kesh said this ?

It actually may not sooner or later, because this is a mod of a fulll-fledged game, not a beta of an independent game in development, so the the reset inevitability argument doesn't work.  It wouldn't really matter that much in the end, the good players would still be good, the bad players would still be bad, just a whole lot more tedious to start at level 1 all over again, would be a grind to level 30 (skip the fun only way to go).  It would add a little more tedium to a game that has became way too repetitive and has lost a lot of its flavor, if done without Strategus would be really easy to walk away and not look back.

Strategus was 50% of the fun of this game and instead of leaving the old version up with slight modification to fit new xp system while he knew he was going to spend months developing new strategus, chadz took it down for 6 MONTHS and counting.  Keeping it up all these months could have grown the player base by 25%, I know so many people that just grew bored, quit and moved to other games that probably wouldn't have done so if they had the ability to participate in dynamic map strategy and unique battles/sieges.  I mean seriously, battle server, how many times can you fight 20 random guys against 20 random guys (banner balance does help a bit) in maps you have played on so many times before and not start getting bored.  Pre-January, 80% of my playing time was Strategus related (90% in December), and i feel like I keep being led along being told its coming out soon.  The last "update" (April Fool's post) by chadz regarding Strategus was over 2 months ago.  I kind of wish he told us it was going to take over half a year to develop (the original strategus took about 1 month before people started playing on it) so I could have taken a 6 month break from cRPG instead. 

So much of the role-playing is gone without strategus, so yes people over-rely on heirlooms with tiny modifiers and levels to help, but there are no stories to follow, no role play  to do, just endlessly repetitive battle/siege (camp flag every round) server.

Why the sudden rant?  Yesterday was the "supposed" release date from IRC that never materialized.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:50:18 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Glaurung

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Glaurung, Fallen_Gnome, Fallen_Bernard_le_renard
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »
ffs, I just assumed he made a typing error with his 5 gold per gen. I'm still not convinced lol...

So yes, ofc we find the game funny, but when you play as many hours as some of us do, it is also nice to feel some kind of progress.

I guess... I was surprised to see the reaction mostly. I think the rewards get a bit in the way...

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »
 :lol: LOLOLOLOLOL I am surprised how many of you guys took this SOOOOOO seriously... I got attached to my heirlooms too. However some of you guys acted like he was lobbying for cutting your pension/wages/child support/internet access/ freedom of speech/rope hanging from the cliff. CALM DOWN. Surely since the game is beta there will be a reset anyways? Ok so the OP is probably a new player who needs to get the hang of cRPG/Warband, no need to jump him like a stranger in Compton...
Professional poop cleaner

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 09:07:15 pm »
this is the wors idea ever dude people who are rich it cause the have speak hundread and thousand hours in the game if you reset the data base none of them will play longer cause you broke all there achivement and hard work btw gold is pretty easy to make with this patch agree on the fact of the xp can be better but at the same time if it get faster xp it will get also faster retirement for old player enven more then new player so your idea are against your owne word so now just keep it quiet and just dont post any retard idea like that again thanks....
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2011, 09:14:57 pm »
this is the wors idea ever dude people who are rich it cause the have speak hundread and thousand hours in the game if you reset the data base none of them will play longer cause you broke all there achivement and hard work btw gold is pretty easy to make with this patch agree on the fact of the xp can be better but at the same time if it get faster xp it will get also faster retirement for old player enven more then new player so your idea are against your owne word so now just keep it quiet and just dont post any retard idea like that again thanks....

Here, have some punctuation: ...,.,.,,..,,,,.,.,...,.,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:16 am »
It actually may not sooner or later, because this is a mod of a fulll-fledged game, not a beta of an independent game in development, so the the reset inevitability argument doesn't work.  It wouldn't really matter that much in the end, the good players would still be good, the bad players would still be bad, just a whole lot more tedious to start at level 1 all over again, would be a grind to level 30 (skip the fun only way to go).  It would add a little more tedium to a game that has became way too repetitive and has lost a lot of its flavor, if done without Strategus would be really easy to walk away and not look back.

Strategus was 50% of the fun of this game and instead of leaving the old version up with slight modification to fit new xp system while he knew he was going to spend months developing new strategus, chadz took it down for 6 MONTHS and counting.  Keeping it up all these months could have grown the player base by 25%, I know so many people that just grew bored, quit and moved to other games that probably wouldn't have done so if they had the ability to participate in dynamic map strategy and unique battles/sieges.  I mean seriously, battle server, how many times can you fight 20 random guys against 20 random guys (banner balance does help a bit) in maps you have played on so many times before and not start getting bored.  Pre-January, 80% of my playing time was Strategus related (90% in December), and i feel like I keep being led along being told its coming out soon.  The last "update" (April Fool's post) by chadz regarding Strategus was over 2 months ago.  I kind of wish he told us it was going to take over half a year to develop (the original strategus took about 1 month before people started playing on it) so I could have taken a 6 month break from cRPG instead. 

So much of the role-playing is gone without strategus, so yes people over-rely on heirlooms with tiny modifiers and levels to help, but there are no stories to follow, no role play  to do, just endlessly repetitive battle/siege (camp flag every round) server.

Why the sudden rant?  Yesterday was the "supposed" release date from IRC that never materialized.

In most parts..this.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 09:07:06 am »
Am I the only one giving him a -1 everyday?
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2011, 09:56:32 am »

Btw, it's funny how some of us think that a RPG must be a grinding game... Role Playing Game, this means you should acting in a way that fit to the history and personnality of your character, not that you must grind to up your attributes and skills. But i guess the mistake came from big game developers, tabletop rpg was really acting and playing, now it's just grinding, no role play anymore... hopefully chadz is more old school!!

Don't try to fool yourself into thinking the good old days was something it wasn't. Trust me, you aren't going through the Hall of the Fire Giant King without having grinded your way up to be high enough level to take it on. Sure, you can roll a lvl 9-12 character, but it isnt the same as having taken your Wizard from near uselessness to sheer awesome power! It was also about the loot you got on the way too. Sure, the roleplaying element was not only key, you couldn't play the game without them, but there certainly was grinding and getting those extra +1's to your weapon.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 10:59:25 am »
This community is populated, but as a whole very small. A full reset would cause a yet unspecified number of people to leave (many of them the oldest players most knowledgeable players). Without a buffer saved people like me, who use their gold to encourage new players to continue playing the game would be pretty much out of luck. When it's hard for new players to get into the game because there is no support system (old players gone, no possessions so people are in battle/siege not training anyone on duel) the game slowly dies.

Resetting would kill this game. Most decisions have major ramifications, when you push for one you need to follow the possible consequences down the tree to see if the possible downside is worth the possible upside.

In this instance i submit the risk vs reward ratio is well out of balance.