Author Topic: Archery Buffs last year  (Read 3499 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Archery Buffs last year
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »
+2
For auto balance, one way could be calculating the shootiness(without throwing) of a player like
shootiness_player = coeff_powerdraw * player_powerdraw + coeff_archery_skill * player_archery_skill + coeff_crossbow_skill * player_crossbow_skill.
Then add up the players to a team_shootiness and compare both teams. If one team is too shooty and winning, move the shootiest successful player over.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 07:17:00 pm »
There's not much point discussing playing cav except in the most viable way. You CAN get kills and do damage via a more frontal approach, but it's not as efficient and much more risky. I agree that even in Native backstabbing is the best way to play, but due to Native horses' tankiness they were able to be more direct, and could bump-slash/stab without worrying about getting reared and dismounted by a guy with a 1H sword.

IMO, cav was by far the strongest class in Native, but it's definitely not in cRPG. It's not just the fragility of cavalry, the class's maneuverability and stab radius have also been severely reduced. Its strengths lay in its speed and ability to deal a lot of damage at once, but because every strike needs to be so precise, it loses a lot of the finesse and IMO skill that you see in Native cavalry. I'd rather see a compromise of how cav is in Native and cRPG than what we have now.
Well I would have to agree with you on the native cav as 1h with or without shield cav does very well in native, in crpg though 1h cav sucks.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yuang

• Marshall
  • Renown: 788
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you all
    • View Profile
    • 汉云工作室
  • Faction: Nothing
  • Game nicks: TangSanZang
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 02:24:52 am »
+1
Archers are too powerful now, and you'll be hit by arrows all the time at the CN server. A horse can be shot and killed by only one arrow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm who I am, a firework of larruping color.
My time is seven hours earlier than the forum.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 06:16:16 pm »
+2
We need to buff Horse Archery it is completely unplayable. No class deserves to be unplayable like this.