Author Topic: I offered my resume.  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: I offered my resume.
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 07:45:31 pm »
+1
This a fine application for the Head Asshole position

He'd have to shrug off the likes of you, lombardsoup & BlindGuy first.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »
instead of writing a post on the forums, why haven't you got the honshu karambit out of your breaches and wrote someone off?,stop being a dick head, pagan.

you have just fucked up the base, you're a dick head cuz.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 07:59:29 pm »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 01:10:44 am »
+2
He'd have to shrug off the likes of you, lombardsoup & BlindGuy first.

i dont get it, i didnt post an app and im not an asshole

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 06:54:03 am »
Requirements - One of the most important pieces to the software puzzle. If you don't know what you're building, there is no way to deliver a product to the customer (CRPG Community). Process Architects will visit on site and gather all necessary requirements to please the customer (CRPG Community) and provide them with the most value.
Component Design Documentation - Some form of documentation, most often reviewed with the customer (CRPG Community) to get sign off/acceptance, that shows the desired path to complete the list of requirements, also multiple solutions may be provided with a risk/reward definitions to give the customer (CRPG Community) options on how to proceed.
Development Cycle - Once a solution is approved and work begins, a solid development team is necessary to ensure the proposed solutions will be achieved with a high quality of work.
Use Cases - As part of the requirements gathering, a use case document will be defined as a means to show the solution has successfully achieved a customer (CRPG Community) requirements. For example: Use Case 1: When a user logs into cRPG he is not flooded with texture fail to load errors. Use Case 2: When a user holds left click and drags their mouse back to perform a stab, the animation does not appear to be a turd. Use Case 3: When a user equips a legacy helmet ITS FUCKING MODEL DISPLAYS.
Test Cases - This is where the developers take each use case, and provide a list of steps that can be used within the solution that will achieve a success on the equivalent use case. Problem here is boys this requires TESTING and obviously nobody tested this turd.
End User Acceptance - After your solution is wrapped up in a neat deliverable and shipped off to the customer (CRPG Community), a phase of end user acceptance will occur, where bugs will be reported, and users are trained on the solution. Eventually giving legal signoff that the requirements have been met. It is possible if a turd solution is delivered, those providing the solution via a work contract would be flirting with lawsuits from the customer. Here is the link to the current bug list, as we are unware of any real ticketing service such as JIRA the 'Dev Team' uses: http://forum.melee.org/crpg-technical-problems/4-1-bugs-thread/

If the guy wants to write and maintain all those documents that no-one will read, and test cases that no-one will use... where's the harm? Although the idea of getting some clear and sensible feature request list out from this community sounds a bit naive.  :)

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
I offered my resume, then got muted
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »
Welp folks, I'm glad after my long hiatus that the build is finally bug free. Oh wait. Fifth times the charm right? Glad to see ya'll put in a delivery solution.

One clarification from the previous post. I have a career, never did I want to work on M:BG nor did I want to quit my job for a random start-up. I did however, want to work on this mod in my free time to support it and help make it a better game for the community. After months of not getting any sort of feedback I offered my resume in hopes to show I wasn't some random jagoff. But I never had to give it out, since it was never requested of me and I felt it was a nice anecdote to lead off my original post of the failure that was the latest updates.

That being said not sure why I was forum muted, maybe the metaphor of the DD was too great for the euros to handle. It was an awesome metaphor tho on so many levels.

tldr; Shall we continue?
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »
+5
Chamber of tears, anyone?
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: I offered my resume, then got muted
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:49 pm »
+1
Welp folks, I'm glad after my long hiatus that the build is finally bug free. Oh wait. Fifth times the charm right? Glad to see ya'll put in a delivery solution.

One clarification from the previous post. I have a career, never did I want to work on M:BG nor did I want to quit my job for a random start-up. I did however, want to work on this mod in my free time to support it and help make it a better game for the community. After months of not getting any sort of feedback I offered my resume in hopes to show I wasn't some random jagoff. But I never had to give it out, since it was never requested of me and I felt it was a nice anecdote to lead off my original post of the failure that was the latest updates.

That being said not sure why I was forum muted, maybe the metaphor of the DD was too great for the euros to handle. It was an awesome metaphor tho on so many levels.

tldr; Shall we continue?
So if you want to make this game better then I only have one question for you, what to do with Krems?
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:52 pm »
Haha ARN, at this point I just wish any NA server had more than 6 people on at prime-time. Such a great game died for so many reasons that could have been fixed.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline ARN_

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 05:01:52 pm »
Haha ARN, at this point I just wish any NA server had more than 6 people on at prime-time. Such a great game died for so many reasons that could have been fixed.
No but seriously what to do?

Offline ARN_

• Duke
    • View Profile
Re: I offered my resume, then got muted
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 05:02:28 pm »
+2

tldr; Shall we continue?

Looks better in yellow

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG