Author Topic: Bloodborne  (Read 5013 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: Bloodborne
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:23 pm »
Agree, the third was definitely shit conpared to the others and especially to the first, but still a good game; the thing is tho that these from softwares games feel soulless to me, the """"""""story"""""""" is practically non existant, the gameplay is ok maybe chanllenging but nothing more, simple patterns to learn and repeat, as far as I've got ranged isn't an option and stealth isn't taken into consoderation at all; I probably might be the only one here who didn't really appreciate these games but seriously, when I say fable 1 is better than all these from softwares games I'm totally honest
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2015, 08:16:27 pm »
Agree, the third was definitely shit conpared to the others and especially to the first, but still a good game; the thing is tho that these from softwares games feel soulless to me, the """"""""story"""""""" is practically non existant, the gameplay is ok maybe chanllenging but nothing more, simple patterns to learn and repeat, as far as I've got ranged isn't an option and stealth isn't taken into consoderation at all; I probably might be the only one here who didn't really appreciate these games but seriously, when I say fable 1 is better than all these from softwares games I'm totally honest

Yeah the story was shit for the 3rd. Like when you find out why your brother was being such an asshole because of an impending invasion. But.... since most people bought all the buildings, it was pretty easy to put gold in to do all the "good" choices without penalty and avoid being an asshole and still get all the benefits. Which I'm not even sure matters if you even bothered to put gold in for the "benefits", like the army and etc. Since it was all for the ending which was piss poor.

Had they fleshed out the revolution a lot more and did more work on the invasion aspect .. it could have been a lot better. And if the choices were actually hard. "Hmm should I put the kids to work to get more gold or should I put them in school? Well I do have 50 million gold so.... maybe I give no shits about gold at this point."

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2015, 12:12:57 am »
Ohh I see how it is.

In short, what sony is trying to do is akin to having a brain-dead person on a life support system.

I mean, what other reason would they have to desperately keep a shitty outdated console (funnily enough, it was outdated upon its release, let alone now), alive by taking it from the kneeling positon just so they release the game only and only for their system.

Well fine, Not that I care anyways. I would be pissed off if it was medieval themed, but it is actually set in victorian era, so no dice. I am just honestly dissapointed how much they need to cling to their stupid system just to keep it alive.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:39:42 am by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2015, 11:56:37 am »
OK so I've played this for a few hours.

It looks OK, it's so dark I can't really make out any real detail but whatever.
Combat is uneventful basically hit, dodge, hit, dodge. I appreciate it's about timing but that's what you do.
AI is OK, they get pulled into choke points fairly easily but in open areas they do surround and attack well.
What I've found most frustrating is the lack of progression, I appreciate the gates are meant to be the "check points" which is all well and good but when you die and lose everything it gives you no desire to come back and get it. Same issue with DayZ after you've died and lost all your stuff it just grates having to go back and get it. I'd go back to the shop guy in the well and buy stuff but the 2 minute loading screens are awful and further reduce any real desire to press on.

It also has hilariously bad voice acting.

I imagine a lot of my issues with the game could be resolved by sorting the loading times, would allow me to drop back, have a small break and head back out stronger but in trying to avoid them it's making me push forward into things I'm not prepared for.

Oh and using all your Molotov's to progress, dying afterwards, not getting the Molotov's back but the enemies return is just silly, that's one of the biggest criticisms of Far Cry 2 where the enemy camps just refill every 5 minutes but here it's a good thing? Double standards.

The high difficulty thing it's so heavily praised for isn't what I'd call difficult it's more like a don't mess up situation rather than it being particularly hard. Not getting any sense of dread when I'm approaching things like I did in Metro 2033 Redux on Ranger Hardcore mode, nor do I feel any accomplishment when I do get past a large group or whatever.

Quite disappointed so far, I'll keep going to see if it improves though.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 08:01:36 pm »
Replaying demons souls (my least played souls game) to get a feel of fresh souls, and so that i dont feel sad not having bloodborne :( God the combat is clunky in this, they really improve it in a lot every sequel so far. The more i watch streams of bloodborne, the less i lust for it tbh, not because its getting spoiled but because it actually doesnt look that much fun. Variety stinks, and some things just look outright unfair. Also grinding potions was a dumb idea, not sure what they were thinking. And upgrading weapons seems silly hard.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA