Author Topic: Bloodborne  (Read 5018 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodborne
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 09:12:36 am »
My brother is in the same boat. He is super excited for the game to come out, but doesn't want to buy a PS4 just to play one game. Maybe it'll come out on PC in a few years  :|

I bought Xbox 360 for the 8th time just for the sake of GTA V. But this game doesn't look like a 'Buy console for just 1 game' game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 04:23:18 pm »
I dont like the stupid time setting anyways. Plate armor and fancy knight helmets for me any day.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 04:45:00 pm »
+1
Game looks so fuckign cool, cant believe im missing out.. gotta make some dosh selling my 2'' to some desperate granny so i can afford a ps4.

Even if the gameplay would be worse, the setting is so fucking awesome, all the armors look amazing. Allthough the gameplay does look improved, dashing looks awesome (lol i was suggesting similar things for melee battleground, they took my advice), parries by shooting guns, regenerating health by instantly attacking. Hints at a port have been made but i think its only but a dream.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:08:46 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 01:35:46 am »
Game looks so fuckign cool, cant believe im missing out.. gotta make some dosh selling my 2'' to some desperate granny so i can afford a ps4.

Even if the gameplay would be worse, the setting is so fucking awesome, all the armors look amazing. Allthough the gameplay does look improved, dashing looks awesome (lol i was suggesting similar things for melee battleground, they took my advice), parries by shooting guns, regenerating health by instantly attacking. Hints at a port have been made but i think its only but a dream.

Gameplay is better, 100% faster paced and a lot more skillful. You can no longer circle strafe and back stab for days, and the setting is awesome.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 12:36:27 pm »
PVP looks like a healfest, which to me isnt necessarily a bad thing since both sides can do it, but a lot of people are complaining about it. Allthough i do believe its going to change as the game gets older because it seems like you can cancel out heals by shooting etc. Scrublords just QQing when they cant instagib and someone heals up since they dont pressure enough.
Someone said he fought a 1v3 for 40 minutes, if that was true then holy crap that would be pretty epic TBH.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 09:40:44 pm »
From the various vids i've seen, since people can shoot to cancel healz, and healing items arent refilled like estus and are actually a consumable item i think that's a balancing factor. They could use all their blood vials vs you, but then they have to continue without blood vials for a bit or try and farm more.

Looks good.

Yup, you can cancel heals with bullets. There is also a item calling Numbing Mist that prevents people from healing for a duration.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »
+1

Sends shills down my spine x1000, so evil and amazing. Trying not to spoil the game too much with soundtracks, but i might not be able to restrain myself with stuff like this.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:30 pm »
http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/30d9u0/i_have_platinumed_bloodborne_2nd_in_usa_and_here/

Couple of interesting negative points here, like the NG+ having absolutely no new item in it, and how absurd it is to even upgrade a single later item, forcing people to mostly stick to initial weaponry.

But on the other, those Chalice Dungeons seem pretty cool.

So it seems the end-game currently is to ignore NG+, and do PvP and Chalice Dungeons, which means you can't even kill the last boss cause it ports you directly to NG+.

As much as I love Souls series, I'd never waste 400€+ (console+game) to play this "Souls" piece in a crappy peasant system, my console fever ended when PS2 stopped getting decent J-releases.

Also, the last Namco douchebaggery with DS2:SotFS isn't helping much.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »
Seems like variety has been halved if not more, which is also sad to me, i guess this isnt going to be the bestest of souls games. People believe miyazaki is a genious and without him souls series are lost, but to me it seems like bloodborne is about as good as DaS2 so far, for different reasons.

Pvp will still have a great say on the game, and its just beginning.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 05:27:15 pm »
Yeah, still DeSouls and DaS were the best for me for the different reasons.

The pvp in bloodborne looks cool, but the healing system is kinda lame, so easy and fast to heal, making whoever has the most healing items the winner in long battles.

Btw is there any anti-hack system on Bloodborne? Since the lack of it ruined completely PvP in the last titles (I was literally forced to use at some point bonfire effigy to block invasions and still be able to co-op somehow, since 3 out of 5 invaders where freakin' hackers with god mode or full invis gear and max stamina, etc).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:33:05 pm by karasu »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 07:57:36 pm »
Played this for a while. Its crap. The last 3 were pretty crap, and this felt like the easiest and simplest yet. If you want a hard game play Shadow Warrior on Heroic, looks better plays less like a game from 2000 and isn't so fucking boring. JUST my opinion of course, but this entire series trades on the name of ONE dev who was never godmode to start with.

Also, having literally nothing in the way of exploiting and cheating then trying to make your game MP at all or WORSE, pvp, is a fucking joke.
I don't know enough

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 09:35:57 pm »
I guess there's no PvP anti-cheat measure still. What a joke.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 11:17:59 pm »

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2015, 02:14:01 am »
this game is still shit compared to a masterpiece such as fable tbh

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 03:40:48 am »
this game is still shit compared to a masterpiece such as fable tbh

I don't know how they went from the awesomeness that was fable 1 to the crap that fable 2 & 3 were.

Honestly fable 2 & 3 were .. ok (considered apart from fable 1) but I  had a lot more fun with 1 than I did with 2 and 3. 3 could have been good. Cool premise but it was done so poorly. I mean.. what the hell was that ending? And the revolution? Fucking hell.