Poll

Do you think that the STRENGTH requirement for Medium/Heavy tier armours, should be increased?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours. POLL ADDED!  (Read 25917 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
In my opinion...

Stopped reading there, opinion of new players not interesting.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
The game is very much balanced around agi atm, with little incentive for players to take more str than around 18. Every build favours agi really opposed to str. Be it melee, cav, archer, xbow, thrower. What do you get by going over 18 str compared to what you get with agi? We definately need str limits of some kind on armour btw. Thats the only negative trait to wearing armour on a horse.

Agi is too good atm for every class. It adds to melee damage, lets you use ranged, use cav, makes you way more efficient in melee. They either need to buff str or give people a good incentive to take less agi. I'm not sure if str requirements are the answer, but it would at least put restrictions on ranged and cav which is fine for balance. Some classes do need to be restricted, its not always possible to simply nerf for each class. Agi melee might suffer, but tbh melee aren't the ones who benefit from high armour the most anyway. Melee need to be fast to catch people because of their short range. Cav aren't affected until dehorsed, and then they just need to soak up damage or run away. Ranged always try to put themselves at a distance and can start to kite way before the negative trait of the armour will impact them too much

I have my wpf split 3 ways and I still reckon just because I have 8 athletics my build is better than my old 24/18.

I really wouldn't mind a small nerf to balance agi. Even better if everybody gets a free respex because then I will be one of the few agi builds again:)

Stopped reading there, opinion of new players not interesting.
Simon had 40-50 gens last year already and even then the opinion of a new player isn't of less value than the opinion of a try hard 'veteran'

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
+1
Grumbs i already need 8 riding for using heavy horses. Don´t you think it´s enough restrictions already? Because most of the cav players already switched to light cav with lance or heavy lance. where you deal actually more damage then with the greatlance. Because on most of the maps you can´t couch it because you don´t have enough space. how is that balance. You force players already to play it like your own personal matters. How can this be fun for people who are like to play cav?
When you always are forced to do things like someone else forced you to do. How can this keep the fun for everyone? And i can´t take the heavy horses all the time because the upkeep is eating me up as well. maybe like 10 rounds but after that i use some cheaper horses and equipment. And you can´t play cav on every map on eu_1 because a lot of maps favoring more infantry more then cav. So where exactly is your point? Its just the fact that you don´t  take a warspear with you to stop horses. Or maybe your are a 2 hander charge mindless in a bunch of enemys without waiting for your teammates. And the poor archers and crossbow man get rapped because you are not protecting them. That´s seems for me the case.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I can see this every day on Eu_1 the poor archer being left behind and getting killed by cav then. But its because of the assholes who are just charge like mindless. Don´t want accept that ranged are a part of this game as well. And would need to be protected by them.

Eu_1 is for me the place where you can learn how to play the game. On open battle field and should not favor melees only. Because they re already have the advantage by taking spears and pikes with them.  :wink:

And what is really awkward as well. Is why you think the siege (eu_2) server is so empty? In compensation to eu_1 because the 2 handers have the upper hand on Eu_2 and it is boring for any other class there. Because of they re greatmauls and mallets. where a newby who plays actually with 2 handed swords is in the disadvantage already. And then there comes some people with steelpike spaming you as well and you don´t have loomed armor. And you die really quickly. Really frustrating for new players if you ask me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:43:00 pm by Simon_Templar »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
+1
Cav is OP, easy and forgiving (even dehorsed you become a melee player). Making it less OP won't suddenly mean no one plays cav. Same with ranged. Ranged is OP and people will still play it if its balanced

I spend far too much time defending ranged as it is. Its unfair to suggest a whole class's role is to stand still while other people play. Why don't I just play ranged as well in that case? I don't join a game server to watch other people play, and i'm not there to account for other people's lack of awareness.

Your comments about siege don't seem very accurate to me. Yesterday I had to join siege because battle was nearly empty (20-30 players) while we had over 100 on siege. Same the day before
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
You only need 7 riding now
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
Simon_Templar, we really appreciate that you managed to put all your thoughts into single post.

I never ever read his posts tbh

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Neither do I

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
Because there where Conquest runing.  :wink: ( This why you wear at siege)

Of course you don´t have to protect the ranged all the time. only if you want win then you actually do it.  :wink:

How can you kill horse archers?  this way just asking?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:26:21 pm by Simon_Templar »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
Your English is broken to the point I wouldn't understand that even if I wanted to. I don't blame you, it's probably not your native language afterall.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
Conquest only came on because people asked Fips for it while playing regular siege. The hundred players were there on regular siege, not conquest. After the first conquest map the server cleared out a bit. x1 for 30 mins isn't much fun, especially when you're on the team thats winning :D
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
i am not talking about conquest. My point is the normal game mode. Siege. And not the helms deep bullshit where you defend 8 flags or more. Over a kilometer square mile. And not be able to defend all with like 100 players on the server.  :wink:

4 flags would be enough. Or they should put the maps in when actually like 160 - 200 players playing on the server.

And also there should be smaller conquest maps as well. Where you only need to capture 2 - 4 flags. Depending on the map layout.

So what you think. How a castle should be defended is totally nonsense. Because as defender you would try to make it happen that you could fight at small chokepoint. And not fight over so wide maps. Where a intelligent person would ask his self. What has this to do with a siege. When you can´t defend shit. Because it is to big and you don´t have enough soldiers to defend it. Because you have to defend 5 or 6 different places. Over the whole map.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:24:02 pm by Simon_Templar »