Author Topic: Remove weapon switching sounds from certain weapons.  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Remove weapon switching sounds from certain weapons.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 01:44:27 am »
ya disarm for chamber +1!
Disarm during chamber?
oh.my.god.
That would be very very interesting to make chambers such a powerful too. If it is even possible to code?

oh, and on topic of sheathing weapons and such. In real life they are extremely quiet to unsheath. There is no metal SHWWWINNGGGG sound or anything like in movies.
However, there is weapon switch sounds and stuff in game as a hearing cue to let the player know, rather than just relying on eyesight. Yeah, I know it has no grounds in reality...
But you can't get a modified sound pack unless you know of one with accurate sheathing sounds.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:37:28 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 02:26:28 am »
Hmm. I do find it rather odd that when I switch from bow to quarterstaff I get a "Schling!" sound...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 12:52:27 pm »
Disarm during chamber?
oh.my.god.
That would be very very interesting to make chambers such a powerful too. If it is even possible to code?

oh, and on topic of sheathing weapons and such. In real life they are extremely quiet to unsheath. There is no metal SHWWWINNGGGG sound or anything like in movies.
However, there is weapon switch sounds and stuff in game as a hearing cue to let the player know, rather than just relying on eyesight. Yeah, I know it has no grounds in reality...
But you can't get a modified sound pack unless you know of one with accurate sheathing sounds.

Well, the sound system is very broken anyways (it's hard to tell if someone is right next to you or 500 yards away, specially with horses), I see no reason not to remove sheathing sounds from certain weapons :D

As for chamber disarm, yes it would be powerful indeed, but it should be a % chance ofc. That chance should increase as damage goes up (chambering a dagger would have ~3% or smth chance of disarming, whilst chambering a couched lance would have almost 100% chance, would also provide interesting opportunities for cav to "swipe away" weapons aimed at them).

As for coding: Yes, would be pretty hard methinks  :(, but it would be very cool if implemented^^

(Maybe I should make a separate topic?)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:53:46 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die