Author Topic: House Stark declares war on the Republic of Squids  (Read 9916 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Re: House Stark declares war on the Republic of Squids
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2014, 04:55:39 am »
I wish all diplomacy was like that.  Maybe it would be if three quarters of the players never, ever get bored of trading and counting silver.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2014, 05:01:45 am »
+3
That's actually pretty accurate.

So, are you saying you don't want to go to the show?  I bought two tickets man...
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2014, 08:48:05 am »
I'm still waiting for the diplomacy re Black Company / Special Ed. WTF's going on there...

It's all good.  We're up for a fight. 

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2014, 09:28:28 am »
+5
Hosp is with LCO, LCO is with Astralis, Black Company and WoTN are friendly with LCO, LL is with WoTN, WoTN is friendly with Acre.

Hosp+LCO+Astralis+Black Company+WotN+LL+Acre = What?

Think you are a little off on the whole FCC 2.0 thing gore ;D

That's quite a stretch.  You might as well tie in Kesh and AoW lol.  We were FCC last strat.  That included Kesh and AoW.  So I guess the new super alliance is Kesh, AoW, LCO, Astralis, Black Company, Wardens of the North, LL, and Acre lol.  Kesh and Arrowaine have joined forces to fool everybody lol.  Did I miss anyone?  I'm sure we can tie every clan in strat somehow or another. 

As far as WoTN.......We are very friendly.  They are the only clan I refuse to merc against.  I've become personal friends with Jona, Finnian, and Thalion.  They're nice people.  But we left for a reason.  We wanted to go our own way.  We wanted to build up and be aggressive.  WoTN are new to strat and they deserve a chance to play the game before some asshole comes in to convince them to never play again.  We knew that staying with them would lead to different paths.  A lot of people hate Fallen/BC and we have more enemies than friends.  I would still do my best to protect them.  People talk about strat being dead.  Maybe part of the reason is super huge factions attack smallish ones.  You gotta give clans like WoTN a chance to survive or this game will get smaller and smaller every year.  That's why Druzina smashes EU.  They are huge.  And they snuff out all competition.  Who the fuck wants to play that?  Take a wild guess how many non-Druzina players actually give it a legit shot next year......  Maybe 3/4 of their current numbers?  Maybe 1/2?  How long will it be until Druzina wipes EU strat within the first month lol.  Do we really want that shit in NA?

In reality BC's too small to make an impact.  WoTN are too new.  Acre is turtled up in the Northwest.  And I really don't know about the rest of the clans.  I think the increased gear costs and reduced Mega Factions made it a lot harder to fight in NA.  It slowed the early stage to a crawl.  Hell we still haven't recovered from the Northern Wars.  But S&D is ticking up across the map.  Shit's going to start happening. 

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2014, 01:03:50 pm »
Unholy I'm starting to believe you've lied to us and you're actually a writer irl..

So, are you saying you don't want to go to the show?  I bought two tickets man...

I'll be there

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2014, 05:17:51 pm »
+3
I feel like everyone is going to show up and then both tses will break into song and face off like Grease.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2014, 05:24:19 pm »
I always thought the Lannisters were slimy, and now we know it to be true.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2014, 11:36:48 pm »
Unholy I'm starting to believe you've lied to us and you're actually a writer irl..

I'll be there

Lol gg no re
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2014, 03:09:23 am »
+4
An overly-dedicated opponent that you can demonize and call naughty names galvanizes the rest of the community into action against them. I don't really regret not fighting FCC this round, because you can bet that we'd be much more active this round if we did, but if Kesh is in charge of FCC, it's damn nearly a crap-shoot to win. I don't like getting mad at video games, but fighting FCC makes me mad at video games.

But the worst part is I feel compelled by nerd-mandate to do it.

It'd probably be better for the community at large to have FCC, since there would be more battles, more XP, and more activity, but it'd pretty shitty for those pre-determined by the nerd gods to take lead in fighting FCC.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Well thanks I guess, I got to say it was extremely fun fighting FCC last strat, It was a bit frustrating trying to get a roster against them as FCC had a mortgage on the merc pool. But there is no doubt I tried my hardest to get a roster everytime by offering huge prize pools and as long as I felt I had done everything I could then I felt happy. There where some really epic battles won against FCC lead by Arrowaine, Sandy or myself and there what made it all worth while I guess. My favorite 2 battles from strat4 would have to be the one lead by Arrowaine when we all did the victory snake dance at the end and another lead by Sandy when we took a village(forget which village) against the odds and I stood on top of the archers nest I built watching 400 odd tickets getting spawn raped. My favorite battle I lead was defending an open field battle against FCC where we set up a forward base on top of a big hill and fought FCC running up the hill all map. Yup we had a massive advantage due to the map and slaughtered them as we should of.

Unfortunately the incident with Tydeus this strat was extremely lame and really I cant understand how strat admins should be participating anyway. Due to this incident I doubt I will ever bother building armies again as these conditions are a joke. Like ive lost that much interest I havnt even looked at the up coming battles for months, last battle I was in was when Arrowaine asked me to help when they took an AI castle. Lol im sure im the only person who has issues about strat admins playing in strat and getting themselves into controversial situations where they profit. Words cant really describe how lame I think those people are.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:17:02 am by Dutchydave »

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2014, 03:47:32 am »
Words cant really describe how lame I think those people are.

(click to show/hide)
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2014, 05:22:51 am »
+2
Tasukete onegai :oops:

Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »
+4

(click to show/hide)

Did they bridge the gap between me caring about strat? Impossible

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2014, 10:10:51 pm »
He was using a fief defence against an under preped army as the basis for his statement.

There is no point at trying to cut the totals down or tweak anything. In a battle of attrition ROS is on the wrong side of that battle. The total number of troop farms at their disposal vs their opponents leaves them in a bad position and with over all loses like this, it's even worse.

Hopefully their trade set up is working well for them to ensure a good supply of silver but if it's only mediocre their enemies will be out doing them on that front.

Basically the squids need/needed a good old fashion blitzkrieg but it stalled into trench warfare with their assult on Tilbaut.

They need a change of plans if they want to start doing some serious damage. If they have a solid field advantage because of player quality they should try and shut down the trade lanes.

It's been great to have some activity though, even if it was short lived. Hopefully it'll bounce back.

You know nothing jon snow.