Author Topic: MealSquare  (Read 2408 times)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: MealSquare
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2014, 09:18:58 am »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2014, 04:41:41 pm »
+2
Ugh. The idea of "saving time" on making food seems shitty to me. It's not that hard to make a decent meal of fresh ingredients that actually tastes good.
I consider food to be something I enjoy for it's taste, not not something I have to eat a certain amounth of to stay healthy.
I despise the idea of "saving time" on lunch.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »
Ugh. The idea of "saving time" on making food seems shitty to me. It's not that hard to make a decent meal of fresh ingredients that actually tastes good.
I consider food to be something I enjoy for it's taste, not not something I have to eat a certain amounth of to stay healthy.
It isn't just about saving time, it's really hard to actually prepare nutritionally complete food.

And some people don't have the luxury of time.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 08:19:39 pm »
It isn't just about saving time, it's really hard to actually prepare nutritionally complete food.

Mostly time is a matter of priorities. Some people just need the stress of having "no time at all".
And if you put some effort in the food you eat it isn't hard to stay healthy and not lack anything.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2014, 10:37:40 pm »

It's also surprisingly expensive, especially if your life includes a lot of physical activity. Admittedly, it would probably be cheaper if you stuck to tuna for protein, brown rice/decent homemade bread/cereal for carbs and a large variety and quantity of vegetables supplemented with nuts and fruits.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:41:45 pm by Kalam »

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:50 pm »
I would have to eat 10 of these things every day, no thanks.  :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 11:38:24 pm »

Well, sometimes saving time is inevitable. This doesn't mean you can't enjoy cooking and eating, just that there is a good solution when you really can't, or don't want to.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:18 pm »
Lol microwaveable Mac n cheese and hot pockets erryday Masterrace
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2014, 12:05:30 am »
+1
If i wanted to live off of them, it's 3$ a piece, times 7 to reach 2800 calories, equals to 21$ a day, and subsequently 630$ a month! Hmmm, that's not cheap at all, considering you still need to eat some fish and fruits.

If they could push the price down to, let's say, 1.5$ for a single 400 cal square, that would make it an acceptable breakfast and lunch. Since it tastes like it looks - judging by the information provided on their page, it's not something you would throw money on for gastronomical pleasures :) So the economical factor is very important here imo...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And of course, it would have to go through the local food-control authorities, to make sure it is what the developers claim it is.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2014, 09:04:52 am »
It's also surprisingly expensive, especially if your life includes a lot of physical activity. Admittedly, it would probably be cheaper if you stuck to tuna for protein, brown rice/decent homemade bread/cereal for carbs and a large variety and quantity of vegetables supplemented with nuts and fruits.
Yep, already mentioned how expensive it is. Tuna isn't cheap anymore, at least here, it was ten years ago.

Eating healthy costs a ton, and you have to know what you're doing. Just looking at what's in a MealSquare, I probably don't eat a half or more of that stuff, also because of laziness.

If i wanted to live off of them, it's 3$ a piece, times 7 to reach 2800 calories, equals to 21$ a day, and subsequently 630$ a month! Hmmm, that's not cheap at all, considering you still need to eat some fish and fruits.
As said before a few times, it's in beta stages. If it gets into mass-production stage, it will be much cheaper.

Since it tastes like it looks - judging by the information provided on their page, it's not something you would throw money on for gastronomical pleasures
Huh? Judging by what information? The information where they say people thought it was a dessert?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »
Huh? Judging by what information? The information where they say people thought it was a dessert?

Well, I believe that, if an exquisite taste was one of the product's strong sides, there would be more focus on it on their homepage:

(click to show/hide)

Imo it's uncommon in 2014, to eat something that tastes bad. All of them protein powders, "ecological"/organic and diet products, etc. - they are all "tasty" if you keep in mind why you eat them. But they are not as tasty as a fat-dripping footlong kebab-dürum or a bacon cheeseburger! My wife eats root-vegetables with chicken breasts most days of the week, and they taste like ass imo. I bet them squares will not take me on a gluttony rollercoaster either, judging by the list of ingredients :)

I could be wrong though, and would gladly eat a few to form a proper opinion.

As said before a few times, it's in beta stages. If it gets into mass-production stage, it will be much cheaper.

Haven't seen anyone mentioning it's price, so i though i would join a discussion :)

At the very least, this will sell good in gyms and such, as the vending machines are filled with overpriced nutrition bars and drinks. A tiny protein bar can go for up to 5$ here. Just need a flashy wrapping, and a poster featuring few sweaty actors and well known athletes, who are munching on the meal-squares after what seems to be a long training session.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:41 pm »
tuna for protein

as long as you do not go over your quota of 3 cans per week (chunk light/yellowfin) or 1 can per week (chunk white/albacore) for mercury exposure

One can a week. For An Adult Human Male. Less if you are any other combination of human variables. I prefer sardines or smelt if I am going for canned fish. They also got skin and them crunchy lil bones that turn into sand when you bite them.  :twisted:

In college I had a full time class schedule and worked 50 hours a week between two part time jobs, and I still had time to make my own healthy food. A lot of it was unpalatable, but I was going to the gym every other day back then so I was kind of a health nut. Tons of eggs, sardines, lentils, veg, and occasional brown rice or oatmeal. Very inexpensive, very healthy. These mealsquares probably taste better but cost quite a bit!

Also I keep reading the thread title as "Meatsquares" and think that it's a parody of this thread before I click.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far