Poll

Do you think they should bring back throwing stun?

Yes
No

Author Topic: My thoughts about throwing  (Read 723 times)

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
My thoughts about throwing
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:41 pm »
+8
I just got lvl 31 with an alt so i retired. Because they buffed throwing, I was glad cause I thought after a long time thrower is playable again..
To be honest, I was quite surprised that they buffed snowflake +3 cut, because before the nerfs, it was already possible to be a successful thrower with the weaker snowflakes, I really liked them.
But now it is just a big disappointment: Without the throwing stun, the current "buffed" snowflakes are much worse than before all these changes. You shoot someone in his head and he just keeps on running towards you like nothing happened..
This was the strength and only chance to win in a thrower-vs-melee-duel (unless you have a throwing axe and enough ps). If your throws hit, you could beat your opponent, if you missed, you had bad chances then and mostly died.

So what I claim is, to bring back throwing stun and if they nerf snowflake, throwing dagger and heavy throwing axe to what it was before then, I have absolutely no problem, maybe it's even needed.

By the way I really appreciate that they buffed francisca and throwing axe, because all the time before they were just worse than the heavy throwing axe.
Without stun, I think reducing the damage of throwing axe to 39 or so would be fine, but Francisca and all the ammo should stay.

I know, that the majority of crpg players are mostly melee (me too), and that there are people who were annoyed about the stun.
But I appeal to them to think about how dead throwing is at the moment and to make a balance between the classes possible,
without a balance, I suppose that crpg has no future..

Concerning the speed bonus, I also think they should bring it back.
In Siege it's not really important, but throwers are helpless against cav in EU_1, and i say this as a member of GK.

I would be really happy if they reverse this and I hope that people understand my thoughts ;)

Offline Hygat

• Count
  • Renown: 205
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: My thoughts about throwing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »
Personally I play a level 33 pure thrower with 11 PT using mostly MW jarids, so my experience probably isn't the most generalisable
but over the last few patches I've felt the way I play throwing has been slightly nerfed overall. (beginning from the patch where damaged was reduced)

before that patch I 2 hit most Inf and pretty much had a garenteed 3 hit on anything excluding plated chargers, if I'm honest I'd say the damage nerf was fair, but since then the class has changed a lot, its become more accurate and less damaging.

I'd say I'm still a direct counter to squishy horse archers and other squishy cav If I play it correctly but when I think about the amount of effort I have to put in to win a 1v1 with most other classes e.g. vs a tanky two hander assuming we both started at full HP and alone I would have to correctly predict which way he would dodge 3 times before he got to me I'd say thrower is still a pretty hard class, but definitely viable if you are experienced.

My two cents.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:00:27 am »
aimbots/cancer that is killing the mod :3

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 12:58:39 am »
+1
I don't think stunlocking is a good feature. With throwing stars, you have to choose your opponents wisely (they do glance less than before against armour, however). They are still great against enemy ranged since you can attack much faster and the damage has been bumped up.

Once you properly implement nudging into your playstyle, you can shove enemies away pretty easily. Faster melee modes also help against spam even with no melee proficiency. My life was made a lot easier with a 3ath build once I started to nudge enemies away.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »
With throwing stars, you have to choose your opponents wisely.
That sounds a bit too theoretically for me.. When you get attacked by a heavy armored melee you can't decide to attack a light armored archer 30 metres away. And there is always someone heading for you since you can't stop him anymore running towards you..
Snowflake was the first item I loomed myself more than three years ago and I used them many many hours.
Fact is, that it's neither fun nor useful as it was, so I decided to sell them and play melee again =/

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:28 pm »
Personally I play a level 33 pure thrower with 11 PT using mostly MW jarids, so my experience probably isn't the most generalisable
but over the last few patches I've felt the way I play throwing has been slightly nerfed overall. (beginning from the patch where damaged was reduced)

Same for me with 10 PT. I just tried a 15 str / 24 agi build on my STF and I don't see a huge difference about damage.

High PT build still viable but weak compared to agi build.

Offline Deatherage

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Repent. The END is nigh.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Deatherage, Tyrannicide
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 11:29:02 pm »
+2
In my humble opinion, hitting people with throwing weapons should yield more points