Author Topic: Nerf throwers  (Read 917 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Nerf throwers
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »
Lance is getting -3 pierce, since I did underestimate the usefulness of the daggers that affects its total damage. I admit it was somewhat experimental since throwers never really had any use for 0 slot throwing weapons and thought it would be an interesting playstyle. Outside of that, it'll take 2-3 shots to kill most players unless you rely on daggers for the final chip damage.

The goal of the throwing changes were to make some of the other weapons compete with jarids, which happened to be much better than everything else even in its nerfed state. Throwing is always going to be annoying when there are a ton of them on. A strong group of throwers are going to give any front-lines group issues if they can't push through. Axes needed accuracy and rate of fire to offset the disadvantages of poorer damage and missile speed.

Making lances too much weaker wouldn't be a great idea since it heavily loses on rate of fire compared to the other weapons, so most cav can either soak a hit or dodge and retaliate. A tin can is also likely to survive over half of a stack. After the change, if throwing weapons need to be nerfed, hopefully it'll be with the rate of fire, maybe even missile speed.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:29 pm »
Yeah. Lances are too strong.

You should at least have the difficulty more like at 7 as it was before.

But lowering the dif. + giving more ammo and acc. made it kind of really easy to play with them.

Agree. Throwing lance should be only for str build.

Axes are fine IMO maybe a bit too accurate.

Yes they are too accurate, they were fine before last patch.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:55:58 pm by Mendro »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 04:34:25 pm »
I'd say (been a throwing lover my whole cprg career but got frustrated by the beginning of the nerf wave that hit it) leave the low tier stuff alone. Finally Darts, Daggers, Snowflakes serve a purpose and they aren't main throwing weapons anyway, probably mostly used as archer hunting side arm. They are finally usable and not just for roleplaying.

I don't play heavy hitting thrower except for giggles on an alt. Don't have an opinion those.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:22 pm »
you dont like someone else playstyle, so you want to nerf the entire class.

please suck on a penis. noone tell me how to play my fucking game.

deal with it.

(click to show/hide)