Author Topic: Suggestion: Mandatory Posting of Your KD and Build Before Any Balance Post  (Read 2834 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Suggestion: Mandatory Posting of Your KD and Build Before Any Balance Post
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:24 pm »
+1
Murdertron's signature
That was probably the best thing I've ever read.

Sometimes you just have to take your mediocre melee skills to PW and random everyone you see when there's not enough forum drama here and a lull in Strat.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 04:37:07 am »
+6
Can I make changes to 1h/2h cav now?

(click to show/hide)

I think the pure 2h axes and the like with no 1h mode should stay the same, 2h/1h without shield should have the same penalty that the pure 2h currently have, buff 2h/1h weapons with shield, and slightly reduce 1h cav damage by like 10-15% or so.

This makes 1h cav much more speed bonus reliant. Cav also still get hold bonuses, so trying to maximize your damage would require careful timing instead of doing whatever and keeping nice damage. The ranged changes overall make ranged do less damage against the decently armoured cav, so I think it's a fair enough change. It would be unoptimal to stop someone and spam them to death when they're still without high PS (taking more time = enemy ranged and cav may attack you). Makes lancers a more dangerous threat, requiring 1h cav to catch them on the sides.

2h/1h weapons would be able to be competent in 1h mode, 2h mode, or both. It would be under similar limitations to 1h cav, except with more power at the cost of speed.

Pure 2h weapons would still deal very good damage at the cost of utility just like before, basically unchanged to how it is now. It's an indirect buff by making it more appealing compared to the alternatives. Not to mention the inclusion of the long iron mace.

I don't think the changes are that unreasonable considering lances already receive harsher penalties and overall fair just fine. Cav who already utilize such things would barely be affected.

I'm thinking that riding skill can be rebuffed, but I'd rather not pile up too many changes at once. I felt a decent increase in effectivity on horse at 7riding compared to other players. Also thinking of horse ranged that can get their riding to 8-9+ being much more effective than a melee build with the same allocation of points.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 08:10:38 am »
Is it maybe possible to tweak the 1 hand animation on horseback? Thats something i'd look into - that range is huge and it seems to actively deal damage for a long time during the swing, like the end of the swing still hits players behind the swing

Not sure about possible ranged cav tweaks with horse skill getting buffed. I wouldn't mess around with the horse skill tbh, have you seen how fast some people can rotate their horse like the Arabian Cavalry (think its that one). Like it turns on a dime to charge again. Turn speed should be one of the limiting factors when players on a horse - it adds a decent downside to the increased speed. I'd reduce the maneuver for the faster horses if anything
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 09:39:04 am »
In my opinion the only reason 1h/2h cav is too strong right now is because even if they run at you full speed and you hit their horse it doesn't die and then they follow through and hit you and usually kill you.

Just nerf horse survivability against melee and suddenly those classes become balanced because no longer can they just run at people knowing they're gonna get hit.

Would also have the effect of making it easier for lance cav to kill 1h/2h cav which they should be doing easily. Whereas now as every lance cav player knows, you can pretty much avoid dieing to 1h/2h cav completely but actually dehorsing them is ridiculously hard because of how many hits any horse takes from a lance with the low damage.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 03:21:50 am »
+1
imisshotmail, the closest to that would be moving the weak point for horses from the legs to the head. I think making the legs defenseless simply causes your horse to get 1-2shot by teammates more often than not and would like that removed or at the very least reduced.

I think that would make dehorsing for skilled lancers make more sense, although it'll still be risky if you're against a full health heavy cav. In a lancer fight, control of the head position is vital anyways.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 03:28:05 am »
This is a good idea.

Sometimes you just have to take your mediocre melee skills to PW and random everyone you see when there's not enough forum drama here and a lull in Strat.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:11 pm »
imisshotmail, the closest to that would be moving the weak point for horses from the legs to the head. I think making the legs defenseless simply causes your horse to get 1-2shot by teammates more often than not and would like that removed or at the very least reduced.

I think that would make dehorsing for skilled lancers make more sense, although it'll still be risky if you're against a full health heavy cav. In a lancer fight, control of the head position is vital anyways.

Yeah it being the head would probably be best all round, helps with the sometimes stupid shield forcefield on horseback too, that doesn't let you hit the legs.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 02:50:28 pm »
All hail King Richard! You peasants are lucky he even graced you with his immaculate wisdom before he was muted! You knaves! Swine!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login