Author Topic: Polloption for DTV  (Read 388 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Polloption for DTV
« on: January 11, 2014, 03:15:00 pm »
+8
Hello!

In DTV, players sometimes make a mock poll to decide to teamkill V up to four times to skip a map. I think all maps are playable, but sometimes one does not feel like to play a certain one right now.

Some players sometimes do not notice the polls in the chat and wonder why everyone is hitting V all of a sudden, and start banpolls and teamkills. Also, it's not clear if a vote like 8x yes 2x no 3x don't care can decide a for a mapchange when 30 players are online and the rest did not vote.

Therefore, I suggest we add a poll option. But, if the poll would allow players to pick a specific map and vote for it, it would probably lead to arguments between the fraction who want to have best exp and gold and the one who want good fights.

To avoid these difficulties, I suggest to add the option to Poll to Skip the Current Map only.

Regards and good games!
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Polloption for DTV
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:17:15 pm »
+1
This would be good, I hate it when there is a vote 7-2 with 30 people and they start teamhitting V despite being less than 25% of the server, just because not many people voted 2.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »
+1
or be like the rest of crpg and play the map you are given?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »
+2
DTV maps vary more than other servers, because for the mode to be playable they rely on the AI not being retarded, which unfortunately is not always the case. And whilst there are some balanced maps and even fun new ones there are some that are still outright dreadful. Balance on a map is very difficult on DTV since you are placed in an 'outnumbered' situation, so it can't just be any old map. On EU1 you could be fighting on a series of moving trains over a lava pit and both sides would still have the same advantages and disadvantages as each other. Wouldn't work on DTV, bots too dumb.
There are no broken maps in the rotation currently, sure, there is Arena, but its all fucking easy, either give us this poll-option so we don't have to launch a shitstorm every time some grind-hungry scrubs want an easier map or outlaw any sort of map-changing on DTV, and I'd vote for the 2nd option.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 05:05:25 am »

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 04:55:03 pm »
I know this does not have much to do with the thread but on a note could we have more maps where everyone can be part of the team play, for example some maps where there is a shield wall, with slashers behind and then everyone else is just stood around waiting for the odd bot to escape through and then grabbing the kill. Different bot spawn points?
Basically more maps that actually allow for the full 30 players to participate