Author Topic: All archers, xbows and other ranged: TRUCE, Parley, whatever - 1 WEEK  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Re: All archers, xbows and other ranged: TRUCE, Parley, whatever - 1 WEEK
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 04:52:48 pm »
How about no.

Ranged take less arrows to kill.

cuz archery op. I know. :)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 04:57:53 pm »
Well bagge is op, nerf bagge and archers r fine! Btw is that u in ur pic Hirlok?

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2013, 05:00:54 pm »
+2
Well bagge is op, nerf bagge and archers r fine! Btw is that u in ur pic Hirlok?

bagge annoying, even I noticed during my EU visits. And yes, that's me, couple years ago. Less fat face now, and less pipe smoking, since no decent tobacco in Paraguay and usually too warm ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2013, 05:03:33 pm »
+3
How sad :/
Hehe well ill smoke a pinch in ur honor next time then :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 05:06:06 pm »
+2
bagge annoying, even I noticed during my EU visits. And yes, that's me, couple years ago. Less fat face now, and less pipe smoking, since no decent tobacco in Paraguay and usually too warm ;-)

A couple thousand kilometers and you can blaze it but not legalize it

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 06:05:42 pm »
+1
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The archers who say "ooooh stoooopit infanty no protect archer archer die and archer no shoot other archers" are always the exact same people who if asked in a conversation that isn't about nerfing ranged will always say "Yeah I'm so cool, I target 2h heroes first 2h gay, fuck 2h heroes, I only shoot 2h heroes and polemy old friends and 1h instastabbers."
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 08:04:52 pm »
+6
Ranged are a bane for the players who want to mindless W-key until they run into enemies and start swinging and fighting.

Those of us who prefer to use tactics, teamwork, and adapt to the surroundings and conditions, will never be bothered by ranged (well we get bothered, but we don't rage and suggest they be nerfed). 

I like crpg and Warband not just for it's amazing melee fighting, but also for the fact that it's got all the Medieval weaponry and equipment you'd expect to see on a middle age battle field.  I've always disliked ranged classes, but who the fuck wouldn't have archers when they go into battle?  A marshal who wants to lose, that's who. 

I'm sure infantry complained about archers in real life too, but you know what?  They didn't get to ask developers to nerf them, they had to come up with tactics to counter them.  You can do that in game too.  This game would be far less fun if we started removing or completely gimping certain classes because we just want a free for all type of game play. 

Maybe instead of rambo W-keying to the enemy, you try and protect an archer from cavalry or infantry? 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 08:16:54 pm »
Ranged are a bane for the players who want to mindless W-key until they run into enemies and start swinging and fighting.

Those of us who prefer to use tactics, teamwork, and adapt to the surroundings and conditions, will never be bothered by ranged (well we get bothered, but we don't rage and suggest they be nerfed). 

I like crpg and Warband not just for it's amazing melee fighting, but also for the fact that it's got all the Medieval weaponry and equipment you'd expect to see on a middle age battle field.  I've always disliked ranged classes, but who the fuck wouldn't have archers when they go into battle?  A marshal who wants to lose, that's who. 

I'm sure infantry complained about archers in real life too, but you know what?  They didn't get to ask developers to nerf them, they had to come up with tactics to counter them.  You can do that in game too.  This game would be far less fun if we started removing or completely gimping certain classes because we just want a free for all type of game play. 

Maybe instead of rambo W-keying to the enemy, you try and protect an archer from cavalry or infantry?

Thats an awful amount of condescending assumptions to make to support your position

People do play with tactics, people dedicate points into shields, but it seems to be a one way deal atm. Ranged camp somewhere and pewpew, infantry have to camp to protect them, camp behind walls until the enemy infantry engage, wait for flags etc.

The game becomes dull and lifeless with too much pewpew on both sides. When the action gets stale people go ranged themselves too so they are at least doing something. The more ranged, the more people go ranged themselves and the more melee stop playing the game.

Some ranged is fine, but not the amount we have now. You don't even need a real ranged build. We have xbowers in heavy armour with very good melee weapons. 1 handers without shield don't even seem to get weapon stunned anymore. Why be melee when you can have both?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2013, 06:09:11 am »
Some ranged is fine, but not the amount we have now. You don't even need a real ranged build. We have xbowers in heavy armour with very good melee weapons. 1 handers without shield don't even seem to get weapon stunned anymore. Why be melee when you can have both?

What's wrong with the ammount of ranged now?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2013, 05:45:46 pm »

There is no way to decrease it via ingame choices. The best thing I can do to counter other ranged is to go ranged myself, in which case I am not solving anything. Additionally, if it comes to that I'd rather play some other game.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2013, 05:50:17 pm »
+1

nothing. there was a temporary surge of 1slot bow "archers" and wannabeeee hybrids, but that is already over again. Guess the class-hoppers discovered archery is hard, cuz no points and few kills and much hate...

Right now you have 20-30% ranged (alltogether, not just archers) on EU1, plus some melee with ranged sidearms (their fault), so nothing wrong.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
+1
The only time I truly hate ranged is when I'm charging in my heavy armour and massive axe with full health, and they pull out their 0 slot weapon and totally out melee me, especially near the end of the round and there's a good chance half the players are watching me die to a guy in peasant gear.

So archers, to make me happy, keep shooting, just don't run away when and don't fight back.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »
+2
To be honest, early December always see server population dwindle a bit and then resurge at the end of the month. People are busy and worn out. The amount of ranged, especially xbows and HA's/HX's have been way over the top since free respec but I've been playing a lot EU 1 the last week despite and I've managed to have some decent cav/infantry/ranged battles lately, too. It's been annoying yes, but the world doesn't end 1st of January this time around, either.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 11:21:47 pm »
Last times i mostly play witch my chatchArabbit ih no shield agi whore. I enter with Steevee when Archers become more annoying for my templar teammates (especially Bobby) are asking me to come and shoot down other ranged. Ppl using low tier bows need about 4 arrows to kill me (body shots) with my new armor set (51 body armor).

About shooting only melee enemies - NO, for me shooting enemies ranged is more fun.

On strat battles I'm shooting enemies renged every single time i can (i think Segd can confirm that, he is one of ppl who is hargest to hunt down  :mrgreen:)
Archer forever :D