Author Topic: All archers, xbows and other ranged: TRUCE, Parley, whatever - 1 WEEK  (Read 2743 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: All archers, xbows and other ranged: TRUCE, Parley, whatever - 1 WEEK
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:36:32 pm »
+4
I have a lot fun doing "archer duels" with an enemy across the map. Its kind of like rock paper scissors. Move left, stay still, or move right. Fire at enemy left/mid/right.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:38 pm »
+1
I only make ranged characters to kill other ranged people.

Offline Stabb

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Stabbing People, One Noob at a Time.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC / Black Company
  • Game nicks: Pro_Stabby_Black_Company
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 11:49:19 pm »
Sounds like the mod will die for about 1 week.
Stabby Stab Stab Time

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:07 pm »
Sounds like the mod will die for about 1 week.

hehe, you overestimate my influence and underestimate the need to pew at other ranged... ;-) I even doubt I will keep my own self-declared truce, esp. on xbows and throwers... ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 12:02:28 am »
+1
Can all the NA shits for the love of god stop deriding the current ranged discussion as mere qq when EU_1 barely even surpasses 40 players anymore?

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 12:05:29 am »
+2
90% of my kills on Strategus are ranged guys.

Jeade has noticed this, you dirty crossbow scum.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 12:16:11 am »
+6
I am just sick of one class taking the heat for all ranged sins, and that the general answer to a problem (yes, there is one, I know) is a general nerf of archers - hitting the REAL archers (who never were a problem) worst and not the class-hopping my old friends that move on to the next op thing.

I am reading this forum for about 2 years now. I have seen countless rage threads about ranged, no matter what actual pontential ranged had at the given moment.

I can assure you, no matter how you try to reason with certain people, whether you are doing it nicely or in an objective manner, some people will simply not accept that there is no nerf needed as an answer. It does not matter what arguments you come up with, they will turn them around just to fit their cause of nerfing ranged or just create some pseudo arguments if real ones are lacking.

Over the years the same 10-15 people you see constantly lobbying for nerfing ranged over and over and over again simply degenerated into some mindless retards who probably no longer realize that lobbying to get a class nerfed in a video game is not the most important thing in life. Dont waste any effort to reason with those people as I did.

No matter how many nerfs there will be, some people will continue to lobby for more nerfs, insult you and grief you just because you bring so much horrible suffering upon their lives by playing ranged, while still thinking they are doing it for a "good cause" or whatever happens in their brains. Sad but true.

Maybe personalities like those are the reason players leave the game, contrary to the highly empiric diagnosis "it's ranged".  :wink:

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 12:36:48 am »
+2
I am reading this forum for about 2 years now. I have seen countless rage threads about ranged, no matter what actual pontential ranged had at the given moment.

I can assure you, no matter how you try to reason with certain people, whether you are doing it nicely or in an objective manner, some people will simply not accept that there is no nerf needed as an answer. It does not matter what arguments you come up with, they will turn them around just to fit their cause of nerfing ranged or just create some pseudo arguments if real ones are lacking.

Over the years the same 10-15 people you see constantly lobbying for nerfing ranged over and over and over again simply degenerated into some mindless retards who probably no longer realize that lobbying to get a class nerfed in a video game is not the most important thing in life. Dont waste any effort to reason with those people as I did.

No matter how many nerfs there will be, some people will continue to lobby for more nerfs, insult you and grief you just because you bring so much horrible suffering upon their lives by playing ranged, while still thinking they are doing it for a "good cause" or whatever happens in their brains. Sad but true.

Maybe personalities like those are the reason players leave the game, contrary to the highly empiric diagnosis "it's ranged".  :wink:

Shut your wh.... oh wait  :oops:
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1973
  • Infamy: 668
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:49 am »

Regular players stop playing the game when they get no fun out it. It's that simple. 

Forums are just an extension of the game. People would still play this game without forums, but forums would probably die without the game. Which tells us what? That you're the only one who give a damn about whole "personality" stuff.

Why addicts stop playing is completely different matter. It's certainly not because they are bored or had enough of the game. Has something to do with the state of their life after spending countless of hours in game. That's why rage quits, deletion of characters, drama and stuff like that. Been through it, I know how it goes.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 01:51:04 am »
+2
Forums are just an extension of the game. People would still play this game without forums, but forums would probably die without the game. Which tells us what? That you're the only one who give a damn about whole "personality" stuff.

Who sais anything about forum only ? There are quite some retards who are bringing this nerdrage shit ingame. For example those people who think it is "cool" to grief ranged players, lie about it and then complain when they get banned by the evil ranged players.

Just to give you a fitting example:

Panos always hated my agi build because he thinks I choose it to annoy melee players. But the only reason why I play AGI is to catch archers and annihilate them, nothing more really. Melee players just get in the way, me going for archers to kill them basterds :twisted:
from now on, everytime I see you on the battlefield, and we are enemies, I will step aside.
I used to do that a lot back in the days. whenever I see enemy fighter going for friendly archers :lol: Reason why I stopped doing that is because I fear someone might interpret that as being passive in combat and ban me for it...

That's one of two things me and kinngrimm have in common. One is love for ze grind and second is hatred for ranged. We both built our chars to effectively dispose of archer scum.

What does that tell us Leshma ? Basicly, it tells us that over time, some people became so mortally offended by ranged that they are in no way qualified to adress this topic in an objective manner, yet they do it all day every day and wonder why so many people dont take them seriously anymore.

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 02:06:17 am »
I think Leshma did have a key point in that perhaps a lot of players are being put off of the mod/game because of the state of ranged weapons (if you consider those who have come to the game for the melee mechanics).

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 02:13:01 am »
+3
The reason I went back to xbow, is that I can actually be effective vs any kind of ranged. Was getting tired of having to trust in my ranged team mates to deal with the opposing team ranged menace, yet they kept failing.

Want a job done right, do it yourself.  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 2357
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 02:33:05 am »
+1
@XyNox

To be honest, I dislike archers. I've based my whole style around archer elimination. That is because I strongly believe that everyone who comes here to shoot is doing it wrong. That is my choice and my way.

But it has nothing to do with some dude's personality. It's strictly game related. If you play an archer, don't expect me to be very fond of you as a player. But that doesn't mean I dislike you as a person. Still, every time you're on enemy team you can expect me to hunt you.

You're probably the only one I still dislike personally. And it has nothing to do with you being an archer. It has something to do with you being a twat. First, you've decided to ban me for bullshit reasons (and skip telling the truth in the process) just because you're butthurt over the fact I created so many archery nerfs threads which gravely  insulted your "personality". Another reason is that you pulled off the same bullshit card kinngrimm did, asking for full restoration of your char.

And because of that, if devs decide to nerf archery, I'll celebrate in my own way that just to piss you off.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 12:53:18 pm »
+6
Just remove arrow stun so chasing em is much easier and i'll be happier. love me.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline JohanE

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_JohanE
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2013, 01:36:45 pm »
+2