Author Topic: Speed bonus for Cavs  (Read 1244 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Speed bonus for Cavs
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »
I've always thought it was better to have as much str/PS as possible from horse, and only use the minimum agility needed for your horse of choice. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 07:20:52 pm »
+1
I tested it with a 24/15 and a 15/24 build, max ps, riding and 3wm on both builds. The str build has the highest damage potential but if you turn your horse even slightly, it's enough to give the damage lead to the additional riding build. Since your speed will never stay constant or at the maximum, an agility build will surely have more effective damage in any real battle situation. Also note this was with a courser, it's very likely the case that for other horses with different speed/maneuver ratios, things will be different.
What? This makes zero sense, why would the high strength build have the highest damage potential, but lose it when turning slightly? Surely the strength build would be less dependent on moving full speed in straight line to maximize speed bonus than the agi build?

And the last bit, the fact that you are rarely on maximum speed is exactly the reason why I went strength instead of agility, to have higher base damage and be less dependent on maximizing speed continously. Are you sure you're not mixing up anything there because this is completely counter intuitive.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:31:02 pm by Teeth »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »
+1
I think he meant that the higher riding retained that much more speed when turning, but even that is a little tough to believe. It's hard to believe that the 8PS build would get outdone in damage.

Do cav also get the hold bonus? I always tried to hold when I played it, but I was never sure if I dealt more damage.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »
I think he meant that the higher riding retained that much more speed when turning, but even that is a little tough to believe. It's hard to believe that the 8PS build would get outdone in damage.

Do cav also get the hold bonus? I always tried to hold when I played it, but I was never sure if I dealt more damage.

I was always under the impression they were subject to the same hold damage modifier as infantry.  But it's pretty hard to do from horseback, so I largely ignore it (but I think about it at least once a night when I'm playing).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 08:26:03 pm »
+1
I was always under the impression they were subject to the same hold damage modifier as infantry.  But it's pretty hard to do from horseback, so I largely ignore it (but I think about it at least once a night when I'm playing).

I'm pretty sure it works.  That and aiming for the head is what seperates us and Devilize.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline PhayaNak

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:18 pm »
No love for 18/18? Seems like between the better riding, and a bit more WM (and WPF), you could do some pretty decent damage.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »
Bump, I need Tydeus and his wisdom