Author Topic: Way of the Spear  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Way of the Spear
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:46 pm »
forcefield shield is bad enough on foot, on horse its simply ridonkulous. sometimes you stab a horseman to his back and hear his shield block it through his body.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »
   Due to all the magic shielding BS around, and not having smart team mates with you most of the time or a "decent" pokey with you, you'd want to have a decent side weapon since bamboo spear is 2 slots only.
   Rearing and instantly switching weapons to slash head or legs like a maniac should work fine.

Hope it helps, moisty.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 03:37:13 pm »
cheers m8! yes when i hit lvl 32 i do plan to carry my Katana with me, we'll see how that works.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 03:40:41 pm »
Until then, the LHB should work just fine too.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 03:48:02 pm »
Until then, the LHB should work just fine too.

Got that too (+3 :mrgreen:) but i try atleast for now not to play with a sidearm, a bit of a personal challenge.

Also makes me think more while playing and improves my piking.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 03:58:24 pm »
Yeah I know the feel, distracts me a lot to have a side weap while using the pike, just as it distracts me to have a shield on the back being a 2h or polearm. A bit of OCD methinks.  :lol:

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »
+1
Like Teeth said, try to position yourself to the side of the horse and aim at the legs. You get a wider viable target that way, and if the horse starts turning it's less likely to maneuver your weapon into the rider's block. If the guy starts riding off away from you you may be able to hit him in the back as he goes, too.

If you're super crafty you could even try to get behind him while his horse is rearing up to get past his block. If he's paying attention that's usually not worth trying unless you've got teammates around for him to pay attention to, though, because forcefield is strong.

In my experience, a bamboo spear is a fine and solid enough weapon to carry on its own, since you have it masterworked. Just remember not to rely too much on the overhead! OH YEAH THEY BUFFED THE OVERHEAD DAMAGE!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:47:27 pm by Canary »

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 02:42:01 am »
Please. PLEASE. I only listened to the first page of comments and they're all like "AIM FER DA HEDD HUR HUR" Yeah that's okay, HOWEVER. There's a better way to do this. There is a double-hit glitch that has been in Native Warband forever that you can abuse. How you do it is aim for the horse's front feet. The second you know your weapon is going to make impact, IMMEDIATELY jerk your mouse upward and not only will you deal massive damage to the horse--YOU ALSO HIT THE RIDER!

I recommend having some cav friend let you try it on them in duel server a few times--It's really easy to get the hang of, and once you start doing it a few times it will grow into your playstyle. It is also why sometimes you'll see a horse get reared, and a rider killed, in one stab.

Thank me later.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 05:05:12 pm »
I recommend having some cav friend let you try it on them in duel server a few times--It's really easy to get the hang of, and once you start doing it a few times it will grow into your playstyle. It is also why sometimes you'll see a horse get reared, and a rider killed, in one stab.

Thank me later.
Interesting, although double hits (horse+rider) happen a lot when you hit the horse through the riders leg (or at least it looks like that).

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:00 pm »
+3
Bamboo spear best spear

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 07:49:01 pm »
+1
a good spear is a spear which you can use with a shield.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D