Author Topic: How to nerf 2h  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: How to nerf 2h
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »
+3
you all cry about 2h but balanced knock weapons are still ingame
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 03:45:43 pm »
+2
you all cry about 2h but balanced knock weapons are still ingame

People with military hammers spamming nudge, kicks, and knockdowns (especially with something like heavy xbow on their back) are disgusting right now.

I've begun playing like this in Strategus with 0 WPF in either xbows or 1handers and I started getting 9:1 kds lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:27 am »
+3
2h op thread seems to always reappear.

The main culprits in EU were Cora, Wayyyne and Mauwits. Massive number of in game chat comments (QQs) about all of them only being good because they are 2H spammers.

Saw all 3 at different times play 1h and they were at least as dominant.

Maybe the problem is a high proportion of the better players chose 2h because its more fun and so makes it appear op? I dread any of these 3 using an awlpike though.

As an average player I play 2h because I enjoy it, but also have spent 3 gens on alt as 1h no shield which is a laugh. I find 1h with shield a bit like part of the game is missing.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 11:00:48 am »
 Make all successful pierce attack stack in an enemy body. Add possibilty to free your stacked weapon with connected kick.

Offline MiszczPralki_Pl

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 03:54:56 pm »
buff all +5 to dmg nerf speed to 70/80 thats all

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 05:40:57 pm »
+1
Make all successful pierce attack stack in an enemy body. Add possibilty to free your stacked weapon with connected kick.
you realize how hard that would be to implement xD.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes 2H for me personally i love role playing and my gear right now fits my role play perfectly, for my eyes it looks fantastic(my outfit of course) and it fits with what im role playing.

if you get all the players on cRPG together i think there will be roughly the same amount of each class, except for xbow cav and horse archers.
and yes there is also alot of good players that are 2h, but there is alot of players that are boss like on every class, its just what they are use too.

and that brings me too my final point:

Play Styles! people tend too moan about 2h because they watch the god-like players and just assume they can do what they do because of 2h, well no its just their play style they have adapted and evolved their own play style and techniques and attack combo's to try and beat other players, so its basicaly play style vs play style. if you keep losing against someone sometimes they know your play style too well and know for sure your weaknesses and how to beat you.

example: kinngrimms play style, get in close get fast swings in and mass on damage, to counter that play style i learnt how too kick slash and with it knew how to beat kinngrimms play style.

same goes for reading the enemies next move

quick example of that: sometimes i know for sure that my enemy will do a faint on their next move, so to counter that i swing twice and i hit on the second time because they fainted.

there are many ways to beat classes and there are many reasons 2H are not OP. no class is OP players just fail to much, like me xD

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2013, 11:24:04 am »
you realize how hard that would be to implement xD.

I realize that devs prefer to do balancing in a hard way. No reason to broke this old\good tradition.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »
that wuld be silli after all