Author Topic: Nudges are already getting abused  (Read 2116 times)

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Nudges are already getting abused
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »
+4
nudges are a nice addition to the game's depth and I'm convinced they will blend in just fine once some issues have been ironed out

oh and you can chamber those kicks even if you got hit by a nudge (you just have to time them right)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:07 pm »
+1
wait are you suggesting to remove nudge since it's OP for the moment, fix it, and then put it back again, fixed? ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU THINK WE LOSE TIME WITH COMMON SENSE HERE?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:19 am »
+2
I don't even get what is so horrible about the nudge-kick combo, when the nudge itself allows you a free unblockable hit unless you are bad or extremely slow. Also, you can chamberkick the follow up kick you noobs and pwn the nudgemy old friend. Get nudged, hit your kick button -> profit.

The real problem is that you can hold an attack, walk up to someone and nudge is just stupid implementation and this makes it clearly something without a counter. Held hit supresses you and forces you to just take the nudge in the face. Strudog don't flatter yourself, nudging is not hard and has no counter. A competent 1h without shield cannot lose in a 1 vs 1. I have nudged some myself and laughed at those desperate fuckers trying to kick me and get knocked on their ass. Even backpedallers get knocked on their ass if they hold an attack.

Only jumping works as somewhat of a counter, as jumping seems to make you impossible to nudge. Nudge is instant though so you have to do an anticipatory jump, which means Mr. Nudgemy old friend can just wait until you have jumped and nudge you while jump is on cooldown.

Did you ever read what i said?, i never said that i was amazing or said that it was hard to do, all i did was just outline a few ways to counter the nudge, and i never said i was pro at doing these things.

It also believe it is OP and that it needs a nerf quickly, but for people to go OMG ITS SO OP REMOVE IT, is just plain stupid.

just give it time for it to be adapted into something that will give the game so much more depth.

PLus i never use the Nudge + Kick + hit combo as i leave it up to the nudge to do all the work, and it dose'nt work 100% of the time
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 12:11:37 am »
Kick out ranges nudge

Maybe he does, but the outranging range is also the "easy to dodge" range.
There's a safe zone to kick, and in this one, nudge is king.

I kicked a 1h coming to me, saw the animation started, then got nudged, wich is faster, stopped my animation, in addition to stunning me for a good bit.

On the paper kick may outrange nudge, but effectively, thanks to the animation, you can't kick a nudger before he nudges you. And once he does, AND you've failed your kick, you can't counter kick (not sure if there's a timer for kick, even after a fail kick, but i think so), thus, a free hit...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 01:39:09 am »
wait are you suggesting to remove nudge since it's OP for the moment, fix it, and then put it back again, fixed? ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU THINK WE LOSE TIME WITH COMMON SENSE HERE?

Awwww, look at those cute fishes in your signature

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 01:43:40 am »
Frankly I am disgusted on how the devs handled this. In other games and mods when something broken is added it takes at most a few days to roll back the patch or fix it. Testing things on your players instead of Beta testers is absurd.

It was being exploited in AUS within 2 hours.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 08:16:57 pm »
+1
Frankly I am disgusted on how the devs handled this. In other games and mods when something broken is added it takes at most a few days to roll back the patch or fix it. Testing things on your players instead of Beta testers is absurd.

It was being exploited in AUS within 2 hours.

I'd feel the same way, then I remembered that 1. this mod is free and 2. it's called "cRPG BETA", merely version 0.3. So I don't get too bent out of shape when the devs troll us.

However, it's a different story on this new game they are making. After they've taken our money, if they still act like arrogant pricks on the forums and with with server maintenance/patching/adminning/etc, the community will make sure their game is a flop. Although EA still makes money despite their deplorable behavior, but I digress.