Author Topic: The new Xbox  (Read 9077 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: The new Xbox
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2013, 03:54:41 pm »
+1
It still costs 100$ more and watches you through Kinect.

That's another big thing, a lot of people don't want to purchase to pay for the kinect.  I've also heard other people say they aren't happy that the Xbox is always listening, even when "turned off" (aka you say "Xbox on" to turn it on). 

Also the camera being infrared a piece of paper isn't going to block the camera from seeing what's going on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2013, 04:30:34 pm »
Yeah, kinect being forced upon people is really stupid. I mean comeon, who actually enjoys games which involve movements irl. Wii is fun for like an hour with a bunch of friends but thats about it, i can hardly imagine kinect being any different.

And how can one trust micro$oft not to readd their restrictions once their console has sold a bunch?  :wink:
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1780
  • Infamy: 2137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2013, 06:14:04 pm »
+1
I do enjoy such games, but most games that use motion based controllers can be played without moving the whole body. Only games I truly enjoyed on Wii are those coming with Wii Fit.

Hour is more than enough, when I get in better shape I'll be able to play such games for two hours maybe. Since I'm 27 atm, won't have more than couple hours per day for gaming in the future.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2013, 09:08:41 pm »
Motiontec is pretty much undeveloped tec. Its still in its diapers and it really doesnt have alot of potential either, when it comes to hardcore gaming. For casual 1 hour max gaming, mybe abit, but not much. Its like  being excited about holograms. Seems epic at the start, but it really doesnt have much to offer for a regular joe, if you think about it.

Motioncontrollers dont really have serius games. Those that do exsist, are unresposive messes. So these random arcady games are the best they can cope with.