Author Topic: Thank you all very much!  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Formaldehyde Junkie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Beeper
Re: Thank you all very much!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 02:06:30 am »
+10
Rhalzo and everyone else playing crpg, you're doing a great job!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 02:14:32 am »
We are attacking castles. Due to the timer it takes waves of attacks to take the place down. We attack in our themed gear.. when we lose the fight the enemy gets it. Try speaking with the devs about it. Till then we are fighting within the rules and giving the player base something to do. So now it is our fault we are giving the defense heavy yawshans to use.

Jesus... we are finishing off an enemy. Some of them could have gear or goods on them. Why would we let them get away.

They are already finished (no offense FIDLGB). Sending hundred man armies half way across the world because they "might" have broken gear is pretty shitty considering you are the super power of strat. You have no legitimate need for that gear.

(click to show/hide)

1) GEAR is fucking expensive
2) if you dont atatck immediately afterwards they get all the gear out and fully equip new armies completely off your gear (as if defenders didn't have enough advantages) - hence defenders never have to waste money on gear and can buy troops or pay upkeep and self-sustain practically forever unless you have overwhelming force.
3) you also can trap gold in the fief - see 2
4) you can trap troops in the fief so they cant just take all the troops out and wait to see if its a raid or assault before putting troops back in, its  away of forcing a committal (they get the benefit of thousands of population as if defenders didn't have enough advantages)
1) And money is about the easiest thing to earn. You are big enough to trade within yourself for insane amounts of profit. Frankly, for you, money should not matter.
2) I actually agree that defense is pretty OP, but you're the one that regularly stacks armies with a bunch of stuff they don't need in the hopes of item-bombing them.
3) If you are really worried about gold then you're piss-poor traders. See 1.
4) Raiding only really makes sense if it's the first assault. You only raid in the hopes of having them waste troops they could later use to defend the fief. In the case of FIDLGB such a thing is completely unnecessary because they have 11 members to your 79.

In addition the repeated sieges of New Weyyah, New Ergellon, and even here at New Kelreden show that 9 times out of 10 the defenders remove all gear and troops successfully anyhow. Which means attacking on the tick as it were only makes you look like assholes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:18:02 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 02:24:19 am »
+1
They are already finished (no offense FIDLGB). Sending hundred man armies half way across the world because they "might" have broken gear is pretty shitty considering you are the super power of strat. You have no legitimate need for that gear.
Once you get over a certain amount of crates it shows as zero. They could be walking away with 15,000 plus worth of goods. Regardless, scattering the routed army stops them from regrouping immediately in chaos fiefs to feed troops

4) Raiding only really makes sense if it's the first assault. You only raid in the hopes of having them waste troops they could later use to defend the fief. In the case of FIDLGB such a thing is completely unnecessary because they have 11 members to your 79.
Raiding makes little sense on the first attack. Generally speaking the defender will always win the first attack if they have gear and troops. So it would not mean anything to raid. Need to knock it down a bit and raid when you think you have a chance to beat the remaining troops.

In addition the repeated sieges of New Weyyah, New Ergellon, and even here at New Kelreden show that 9 times out of 10 the defenders remove all gear and troops successfully anyhow. Which means attacking on the tick as it were only makes you look like assholes.
So you are saying that your biggest complaint means nothing at all?

Leader of BS

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 02:28:12 am »
+2
U MAD BRO?  lol - so much frothing and shit-spewing between jesus and daruvian.  Good thing you guys have absolutely no concept of how strategus works - you just look like idiots. Almost every multiple siege (and it has to be multiple waves of sieges because of how heavily this strategus favors defenders) the attackers attack immediately after both on NA and EU - so FCC kicks your allies ass and you start bitchin g and moaning that when FCC does it we are "exploiting" or "item-bombing" - you have to be joking - we have never item bombed this entire strategus.  The reason atatckers have to do this is that:

2) if you dont atatck immediately afterwards they get all the gear out and fully equip new armies completely off your gear (as if defenders didn't have enough advantages) - hence defenders never have to waste money on gear and can buy troops or pay upkeep and self-sustain practically forever unless you have overwhelming force.
4) you can trap troops in the fief so they cant just take all the troops out and wait to see if its a raid or assault before putting troops back in, its  away of forcing a committal (they get the benefit of thousands of population as if defenders didn't have enough advantages)

Daruvian - your faction has never assaulted a castle in your entire strat experience, we gave you rindyar - you wouldnt know the first thing about the difficulties tactically and strategically in taking a highly fortified fief with thousands of population and troops
Jesus - you got to be joking all he does is completely fail at castle sieges.  So you guys talk all the shit youw ant but until you actually get some skill and intelligence your words have little to no weight - just more spewing forth of idiotic vitriol and propaganda that is you.

Haha, clearly I must be mad and a bigger nerd than you! I think going to level 36 and existing in this poisonous community for too long has rotted your brain, Kesh.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 02:32:58 am »

1) And money is about the easiest thing to earn. You are big enough to trade within yourself for insane amounts of profit. Frankly, for you, money should not matter.

Doesnt mean leaving them tons of money doesnt hurt us

2) I actually agree that defense is pretty OP, but you're the one that regularly stacks armies with a bunch of stuff they don't need in the hopes of item-bombing them.

Make more  stuff up as someone who has never merced for us - we never do that - we just reuse gear we win from earlier fights

3) If you are really worried about gold then you're piss-poor traders. See 1.

See 1 - it matters how much gold the defenders get as I satted in my first post but you have never besieged a castle so you dont get it

Wow - just wow - raiding makes no sense in the first attack - you only do it when it can guarantee a awin hwhere you can keep your gear rather than lose it at the end of the fight - hence we raided kelredan castle and won that battle and out shiny army got to keep its gear and get more.  If the guy atatcking hadn't been busy (real life matters) we would have raided emirin and would have won that last battle and gotten the gear as well - makes sense to do it.  Why is it all the guys who have never had to attack a castle or city come onto the forums and talk shit like they have even the remotest idea of what they are talking about.

In addition the repeated sieges of New Weyyah, New Ergellon, and even here at New Kelreden show that 9 times out of 10 the defenders remove all gear and troops successfully anyhow  Which means attacking on the tick as it were only makes you look like assholes.

Makes no logical sense that last one -since you just agreed that every faction does it so we are assholes because it usually fails but we shouldn't try anyway just because you don't want FCC to do it?  So when your buddies occitan did it when they attacked  villaeg repeatedly in the desert or vice versa with velucan empire it was okay - but you don't like us so its assholish.  If it usually fails its not assholish and their gear has been fine in every battle - not really sure how you need to whine they lost on their own merit.

P.S. Do you not get that when 1 army with different gear from another army attacks each other - both side get leftover gear that is broken of multiple types and levels and have too many items - this is not item bombing, its called attacking - i seriously feel like i have to teach a 12 year old how to write his own name here (obviously not a very bright 12 yr old).

http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 02:45:16 am »
+6
U MAD BRO?  lol - so much frothing and shit-spewing between jesus and daruvian.  Good thing you guys have absolutely no concept of how strategus works - you just look like idiots. Almost every multiple siege (and it has to be multiple waves of sieges because of how heavily this strategus favors defenders) the attackers attack immediately after both on NA and EU - so FCC kicks your allies ass and you start bitchin g and moaning that when FCC does it we are "exploiting" or "item-bombing" - you have to be joking - we have never item bombed this entire strategus.  The reason atatckers have to do this is that:

Daruvian - your faction has never assaulted a castle in your entire strat experience, we gave you rindyar - you wouldnt know the first thing about the difficulties tactically and strategically in taking a highly fortified fief with thousands of population and troops
Jesus - you got to be joking all he does is completely fail at castle sieges.  So you guys talk all the shit youw ant but until you actually get some skill and intelligence your words have little to no weight - just more spewing forth of idiotic vitriol and propaganda that is you.

Saw this post and have to make a comment. Note: Have NOT attacked a castle, and all battles I have had are first round wins.
But, as to what daruvian was saying, by attacking consecutively(on the dot) is a poor sportsman show because it doesn't give your enemies any chances to do whatever. Giving them 5 minutes between battles should( :!:) Be the ideal. We are NA, we DO NOT copy any EU factions and use that as justifications of what we do. We. Are. Better. Than. That.

As for the 4 points:

1)

(we never have, we make about 4-5 million gold a week through trading)
Right, K. Sure not letting the enemy get rich is cool, but you aren't broke and don't use that excuse.(See 2)

2)
P.S. Do you not get that when 1 army with different gear from another army attacks each other - both side get leftover gear that is broken of multiple types and levels and have too many items

I'd say this is more of a difference In ideology. I'd personally give the enemy 5 minutes or 10 to get the gear out and sell the broken, useless gear and give everyone a fair fight, rather than forcing them into broken(or less than normal +3, etc) armor and rather have both sides at equal footing. Diffence in ideology.

3) Nothing to say here. It's valid in that respect, though using #1, feel you guys really don't need to bother with it really.

4) Abuse of the RAID BS, but otherwise, they CAN see if it's a RAID or not. You just have to wait for exactly 2 hours(on the hour) until you know, and then you got the 2-3 hour reinforcement window. Trapping troops is valid, but don't try and say you use it for the RAID BS as that shit's beyond broken.

Just my 2 cents over that.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 02:49:49 am »
+12
Rhalzo fighting for you was truly a great honor for this internet knight. Everyone who fought for you came out a better person. This community needs more people like you. Listening to your voice decreases my nerd rage by 55.3 percent. One love, commandant rhalzo.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 02:59:25 am »

1. Once you get over a certain amount of crates it shows as zero. They could be walking away with 15,000 plus worth of goods. Regardless, scattering the routed army stops them from regrouping immediately in chaos fiefs to feed troops

2. Raiding makes little sense on the first attack. Generally speaking the defender will always win the first attack if they have gear and troops. So it would not mean anything to raid. Need to knock it down a bit and raid when you think you have a chance to beat the remaining troops.

So you are saying that your biggest complaint means nothing at all?

1. Which you have no need of.

2. So you would raid and then attack, when (if you really thought you could win) you could just attack and use way less of your own resources.

3. My biggest complaint is how you're attacking 100 man armies of a faction you have already wiped as they run away from their captured lands. You don't need the gear, all you're doing is kick already beaten people while they are down.

1.Doesnt mean leaving them tons of money doesnt hurt us

2.Make more  stuff up as someone who has never merced for us - we never do that - we just reuse gear we win from earlier fights.

3.See 1 - it matters how much gold the defenders get as I satted in my first post but you have never besieged a castle so you dont get it

4. Wow - just wow - raiding makes no sense in the first attack - you only do it when it can guarantee a awin hwhere you can keep your gear rather than lose it at the end of the fight - hence we raided kelredan castle and won that battle and out shiny army got to keep its gear and get more.  If the guy atatcking hadn't been busy (real life matters) we would have raided emirin and would have won that last battle and gotten the gear as well - makes sense to do it.  Why is it all the guys who have never had to attack a castle or city come onto the forums and talk shit like they have even the remotest idea of what they are talking about.

5. Makes no logical sense that last one -since you just agreed that every faction does it so we are assholes because it usually fails but we shouldn't try anyway just because you don't want FCC to do it?  So when your buddies occitan did it when they attacked  villaeg repeatedly in the desert or vice versa with velucan empire it was okay - but you don't like us so its assholish.  If it usually fails its not assholish and their gear has been fine in every battle - not really sure how you need to whine they lost on their own merit.

1. It doesn't hurt you when:
With the current setup traders can move 20-40K goods a week from their various fiefs in their faction and make millions.  We need to change this now and seriously consider a strategus wipe with a more balanced economy (this would also fix the leftovers of an running dupe gear bug for a month whose gear was kept and used or sold).

So in your own words money and gear costs don't really matter to large factions.

2. New Ichamur. All I'm going to say. You know what you did, and so does everyone that was paying attention.

3. It only matters insofar as they can use that gold, which you do not allow them time to do.

4. And then the next army has to lose some of it's gear when you attack it properly. Which means wasting troop tickets that are far more valuable then gear.

5. No offense to TKoV but they kinda looked like assholes when they were doing it too. But the rest of their war strategy was honest and in good faith. Same with LCO. You're entire war strategy is founded upon using every possible exploit you can and creating an environment in where your enemies would rather quit then fight. In a real war I would applaud you, but we are playing a game, and there is no reason, being as powerful as you are, that you need to use such strategy. It is greedy and disrespectful and I frown upon it.

Edit: and with that i'm done ruining Rhalo's thread. My apologies Rhalzo. You have been, are currently, and always will be, doing a great job.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 03:03:57 am »
+11
This was supposed to be the thank you thread... but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when someone came in and tried to grime it up with bragging and drama.

I will say this one thing, though: You FCC guys seem to be trying to make enemies as relentlessly as you can. It really seems like you just trying to force people onto your bad side for the rest of forever, even once you have for all intents and purposes defeated them. Wars don't have to last forever, my friends.

Anyway, let's all take this insipid drama back to the thread it belongs in and take the time here to give a good shout out to all the people who've helped us in this war. Thanks FIDLGB, you guys rule and are best of bros to us Chaos folks. Thanks all our mercs, your help is invaluable. Thanks to the people who've offered to help us with resources and advice, too, even if I don't take it. Hell, thanks to our enemies for bringing stuff to play with us.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 03:09:01 am »
+14
I don't like people talking shit to each other in my thread made to thank everyone for everything they've done for us in these recent days/weeks.

So to end this bullshit.

Thank you once again to those that have helped us out/merc'd for us, it was appreciated more than you can know.

Thank you for all the kind words that some of you have typed here, they are also appreciated much more than you will ever know.

I'm locking this now.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.