Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights (MMO)  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: Neverwinter Nights (MMO)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 02:05:30 am »
+1
It's an incredibly generic MMO. It's fine if you're just looking to burn some time on something vaguely entertaining, but it's nothing like NWN1 or 2.

I really don't understand why every single MMO has to feel exactly the same.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:56:29 am »
The basic quests are more or less your standard MMO affair, but I'd say the controls and character progression are pretty unique. I've also never seen a healing class play like Divine Cleric.

For anyone that didn't like it: What class did you play as? What level did you get to?

Both Fighter classes are very underpowered at the moment.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 08:06:31 am »
I think it's not bad compared to some of the shit that people are playing right now, nothing revolutionary or amazing but it's been entertaining me so far. It's definitely not a bad combat system, it's atleast more fun than all your "point and click" kind of MMORPGs which I have grown sick of.

Gristle, both fighter classes underpowered? I'm playing a Guardian Fighter about level 18 and I don't really feel that underpowered right now tbh, I always rank middle of the table or sometimes higher in terms of damage but I'm also able to stay in the pocket, generate threat and  make the bosses etc focus on me. when it comes to PVP the Guardian also has decent survivability and can also dish out some nice DPS if specced right, of course there is a lot of balancing to be done right now but I think peoples perception of OP and UP are unjustified in a majority of cases, as you can find a thread about every single class with people claiming it's UP or OP. The Great Weapon Fighter does look a bit lack lustre and probably needs  a buff, but so far I'm pretty happy with my Guardian.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11:33 am »
+1
I'm with Vodner on this one. The combat system is a bit actiony, I'll give it that, but the rest of it is very generic.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:26 am »
I'm with Vodner on this one. The combat system is a bit actiony, I'll give it that, but the rest of it is very generic.

Sadly most MMORPGs are 'generic' (  the reason for the term lol ) and those that aren't and claim to have revolutionized MMORPGs always turn out to be broken shitfests too, which is probably why I haven't played a single new MMORPG for years which I've stuck at for a long period of time, that being said I'm enjoying this and will continue to do so until I inevitably grow bored and stop playing, lol.