Author Topic: Summer Music Festivals  (Read 2102 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Music Festivals
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 11:50:47 am »

Seeing this live would be... nice.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 12:20:44 pm »
+1
Listening to it in the best possible conditions is appreciating music.
Guess the opinions differ about what the best possible conditions are for listening music. I think listening to a band produce their music live and blasting it through high class equipment are the best possible conditions, granted open air festival performances are not the best conditions compared to small venue performances.

Very few bands are good on stage. But people who visit live performances (in the open space) are usually wasted, so they don't mind.
Depends on your selection of bands, I find that most of the bands I really listen to are just quality musicians who can produce similar quality live.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:39 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Yeh true, playing live is a bit different kind of skillset compared to studio recording. I just still disagree. There is not that many bands out there who are fucking horrible live and make good records (which I could possible think myself listening to). To me it's a test of real musician to perform live. Then you can see the music isn't just some protools shit made by their godly producer. Even a monkey with half a hand can make something sound somewhat decent with modern recording technology and enough money to buy a producer who jerks off to autotune sounds. I just don't appreciate bands that don't deliver on the stage. They don't need to be mind blowing or super awesome every time. Just have to have some balls to do it and get really good at it over time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye