Author Topic: Admins, you need to chill  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Spicules

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Admins, you need to chill
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »
Fun fact of the day concerning the term 'Fascism':

''The term fascismo is derived from the Latin word fasces. The fasces, which consisted of a bundle of rods that were tied around an axe, was an ancient Roman symbol of the authority of the civic magistrate.

The symbolism of the fasces suggested strength through unity: a single rod is easily broken, while the bundle is difficult to break.''

(I was aware of this fact but had to revert to Wikipedia for the exact quote :( )

Basically, the core derivation of the term Fascism actually refers to power through teamwork xD (we've all seen the bunch of sticks analogy in various teambuilding exercises). Funny how it's now used to mean anti-democracy, or more generally to mean 'anti whatever i think is correct'.

On an unrelated note EU7 DTV is usually admin free and rarely appears to have these problems, so i guess we can put that in the Marxism-in-action category where the lovely egalitarian society polices and cares for itself. Just like a communist dream, or a bundle of rods that's stronger together than divided xD

This was more of the meaning I was initially intending - absolute rules intended to unify a group by forcing everyone toward the same goal.  Which would be fine for the people who do online games all the time and are hardcore gamers, but for people just getting into this you might get some irritated remarks when they're starting out just dicking around.  Usually I just play some total war games in my off time, but there have been way too many obnoxious kids online for me to get into that arena.