Poll

Was the pike's nerfs excessive?

Yes
14 (23.7%)
No
45 (76.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Pike Overnerfed  (Read 2008 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Pike Overnerfed
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:29 pm »
It's all people asked for. Pikes are fine.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:02 pm »
Your post had the last nail put in it's coffin with this line.
I'm a pikeman and I am loving this patch so much. I have literally not had a KDR less than one since the patch while using a pike. I was topping the score boards all night.

Maybe you should try it before claiming that it is bad? It is amazing. If you are expecting pikemen to be catch-all kill everything by themselves solo men don't post again. nobody is that and nobody ever should be. Pikemen are amazing when used in teamwork. Ever heard of it?

On the notion of cavalry being OP by pike being nerfed [lol what??]
If there is a pikeman, EVERYBODY within 10 feet of him is completely and utterly safe from cav.

p.s. Long pike got added too. It can't even be used in 1v1 but man does it shine in formation play.

Why don't you ever see the pike used in duels? Because it REQUIRES teamwork in order to work. If you get face-hugged, you are defenseless.

By making the pike less accessible, less pikemen across the board will become less common. You can kill horses easily with them, but once the rider is on foot, he is significantly stronger than you are.

Hybrids were nerfed, not the Pike. It's stats are the same, how can you call that nerfing? Following this reasoning, except 1H every weapon was nerfed.

Unlike the majority of the other weapons in the game, pike suffers from the slot nerf and forcing the player to have the pike equipped at all times. Because they can't be shielded up with their personal shield when going into position, this is a strong nerf. And for the record, yes, all weapons other than 1h were nerfed. A nerf in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, so long as it contributes to overall balance.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 10:13:02 pm »
It's barely nerfed.

Stop complaining. Lift things up and put them down.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »
It's barely nerfed.

Stop complaining. Lift things up and put them down.

What this man said, and when he speaks you best listen!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:49 pm »
The pike is not a general purpose weapon. Not being able to put away a pike removes most of the utility for everyone but dedicated pikemen. I think that is a substantial nerf, but not an unjustifiable one. Items that are the best at something should not be good at everything.

I'm a pikeman and I am loving this patch so much. I have literally not had a KDR less than one since the patch while using a pike. I was topping the score boards all night.

Where are you playing? I've played about 100 rounds on the NA battle servers since the patch and have seen maybe a dozen pikes the whole time. All I've managed to do is rage about how bad the servers have been running and how slow leveling has been since I had to retire just to use my awlpike again. I just want to be in a pike square too  :(

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 02:08:57 am »
The pike is not a general purpose weapon. Not being able to put away a pike removes most of the utility for everyone but dedicated pikemen. I think that is a substantial nerf, but not an unjustifiable one. Items that are the best at something should not be good at everything.

Where are you playing? I've played about 100 rounds on the NA battle servers since the patch and have seen maybe a dozen pikes the whole time. All I've managed to do is rage about how bad the servers have been running and how slow leveling has been since I had to retire just to use my awlpike again. I just want to be in a pike square too  :(
Aha, hey walt. Me and the PGI guys were rolling as loose pikemen/hoplites in tunaTown and siege for a while. Didn't stop by the battles much sadly.
We secured easy x5 in the other servers :P
I'll message you our teamspeak if you ever want to play with people who try to use teamwork. Stop by any time.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 02:36:05 am »
Was rolling as a pikeman earlier today in one of the NA servers, sticking with a group (Air and I were double piking it with awesome results the first round), and went 14 and 0 before my first death. Still an awesome weapon with tactical advantages galore, anyone who doesn't think so is a lone wolf ninja, I'd guess.

I'd love to roll around with you PGI guys sometime!
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 05:04:23 am »
Was rolling as a pikeman earlier today in one of the NA servers, sticking with a group (Air and I were double piking it with awesome results the first round), and went 14 and 0 before my first death. Still an awesome weapon with tactical advantages galore, anyone who doesn't think so is a lone wolf ninja, I'd guess.

I'd love to roll around with you PGI guys sometime!

Hang out with Chaos more. There are always at least 2 of us with pikes running around like nuts.

We also have overhead-backswing-tk games.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login