Author Topic: Can we get a rollback before to much time passes on?  (Read 1970 times)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
Re: Can we get a rollback before to much time passes on?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 03:37:41 am »
+3
hey Hosps if you guys aren't doing too well I'll let you dissolve your faction and join BIRD CLAN
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 04:11:06 am »
I only make those statements based upon what people have told me when I talk to them. Yes, it's quite a bomb. I also do agree with you; Velucan Empire battles are very suspect in terms of respecting mercenaries. They are often insulted and treated badly. This is due to, in large part, VE being the biggest faction in strategus. It's very hard to determine if an insult or other slight was given by a faceless foot soldier or a person in a position of power.

For example, in a recent VE battle, Snoop (very good player, has played longer than I) said something about getting tk'd. Of course that's not the ideal thing to do, but it happens. Someone from VE (whose voice I did not recognize, and I merc for VE a LOT) said something like "cry more you little bitch" or something. VE lost some good mercs through that event; probably due to a jackass new recruit.

The first statement DID have something to do with the bugs, though. Aztek voiced his opinion that these bugs would cause people to attack mercilessly. I've heard recently that FCC/Fim's recent attacks were spurred on due to the string of bugs when that was not the case at all.

To be clear, it wasnt a member of the VE who said that, just some random merc. And really, if its not said by one of the leaders in the battle, it should be ignored. As far as i know, none of our members have been insulting mercs in our battles (unless you count yelling at our mercs to listen to orders as insults). Ill keep an eye out though, behavior like that in a strat battle is 100% unacceptable
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 06:56:06 am »
V.E is very good with their mercenaries, my only complaint is that their priority speakers get too rowdy sometimes.

We here at Fimbulvetr try our best to be very straight forward with our mercenaries, we try to pay out every time, and no one really gets loud.  Sometimes if people are being uber fucking retarded I get a little upset, but nothing that's driven people away yet.

FCC had some complaints in the past, a few Frisian guys didn't merc for them for awhile for reasons similar to what the Hospitallers seem to be dealing with.  But even now some SemenStorm (arch nemesis) guys are signing up for them, which I certainly appreciate, they're excellent players.

I've never fought for LCO, and that's really just by coincidence.  Before the war I never really had the opportunity to, but I've never heard anything bad about them from mercenaries.

Sorry to derail your thread, but with all of this talk of mercenary support, I figured I may as well throw in my two cents as a clan / faction leader.  As for the rollback, I really don't think that's a great idea.  Few battles were actually plagued by the glitches beyond hope, and the rest were actual legitimate fights.  If any major changes hit Strategus, I hope it's a complete reset.  I love who I've been playing with so far, and it's been a great experience, but holy fuck it's time for a new start for everyone.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 07:35:05 am »
+1
V.E is very good with their mercenaries, my only complaint is that their priority speakers get too rowdy sometimes.

We here at Fimbulvetr try our best to be very straight forward with our mercenaries, we try to pay out every time, and no one really gets loud.  Sometimes if people are being uber fucking retarded I get a little upset, but nothing that's driven people away yet.

FCC had some complaints in the past, a few Frisian guys didn't merc for them for awhile for reasons similar to what the Hospitallers seem to be dealing with.  But even now some SemenStorm (arch nemesis) guys are signing up for them, which I certainly appreciate, they're excellent players.

I've never fought for LCO, and that's really just by coincidence.  Before the war I never really had the opportunity to, but I've never heard anything bad about them from mercenaries.
I feel like im on thin ice here because well from.....lets just call it the ts incident from a few battles ago as well as other experiences ...criticism doesnt seem to be taken well by a certain faction(will remain unnamed but its not fimbulvetr, tkov, fcc, or any faction on that side, and its initials are K.H. hmmm i wonder who that is). I truely enjoy fighting for them and think they are great people but this certain faction I hope will learn that complaints are not personal. I hope this faction realizes that from having to hire some EU players now, they should probably get their act together. I realize there is a chain of command, and too much complaining can lead to lapses in morale, but this certain faction has been driving away players(some very good).
I know this isn't based on the OPs comment but I felt I should probably say it, feel free to disagree as you wish.

As for LCO, I enjoy fighting for  them. They seem more lax and they are more adaptable. As one person(I hope he isnt mad at me taking his quote-I will remove it if so)said, "If the certain faction mentioned above gave LCO all their troops they might get some results"

Main idea EDIT:for the tldr people and other stuff-WHY DO YA DISRESPECT YER MERCS YA NERDS????????????????????????????
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:38:37 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 08:01:48 am »
Guess this is all pointless so I wont say much more, I'm a little shocked about saying I'm being disrespectful for hoping the devs would be looking into game breaking bugs!? This is a beta and I accept that, there will be bugs and we should all expect to lose everything at any given point, But I also enjoy this community and would hate to see a mass exodus because of large issue's not being addressed and thus why I think its important for others to point out such issue's.

Nearly every large clan has been victim of some sort of bug.  We have lost entire armies in the blink of an eye without even a chance to fight, despite outnumbering the enemy by multiple times.  We have attacked Towns that had flags outside of the play area.  Almost every big clan has been missing some or all of their gear at some point.  However, you are the only one asking for a rollback when things don't go your way.  No one else subtly threatens a mass exodus.  Generally the bugs affect the attackers more and you have lost the least due to bugs and yet you complain the most.  Please try to be a better sport.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 11:27:32 am »
Guess this is all pointless so I wont say much more, I'm a little shocked about saying I'm being disrespectful for hoping the devs would be looking into game breaking bugs!? This is a beta and I accept that, there will be bugs and we should all expect to lose everything at any given point, But I also enjoy this community and would hate to see a mass exodus because of large issue's not being addressed and thus why I think its important for others to point out such issue's.

I also don't understand the accusation on us being "dicks" and that is why our merc support is bad, we have always had merc issue's, half from angry players bitching about mid tear gear compared to those we fight, and the other half from the standard squabbles. But merc support was not my issue, it was merely to ask if the devs were looking into this, it seems things have worked out as most battles seem fine now, which is great, But if it continued down the path of no defenders spawning with proper gear then the devs should be looking into that. Also the point of re-attacking a city if it was taken is silly, You attack a city with 2k troops vs 6k defending, the defenders lose all 6k troops due to a bug and some think it's ok because those who just lost said city can re-attack? Its the fact that they lost all those troops (time) that would be the issue.

But again, moot point. I never meant to insinuate anyone was attacking us because they knew they would have easy fights, it was simply to hope the devs would look into these issue's if they would have continued.

You are a fucking master at laboriously twisting meaningful things people post in good spirit into spiteful accusations or insults when that's not what they are at all.

Also Tristran I get shit all the time in your battles but I enjoy it and most certainly deserve it.

And Artyem's reference to "frisians that didn't sign up for FCC" included me at a time. I just got tired of listening to Keshian get ridiculously sperg-excited for a time. As a matter of fact I played for Hospitaller for a few battles while I was tired of FCC; one of them was fantastic, friendly, had a warm, welcoming environment, and the channel was clear and never split my ears open. The last one I played, I got insulted by people that didn't even know me, everybody thought they were the funniest shit to ever hit this Earth, and I decided to just keep TS3 muted all battle. You guys seem to have good days and bad days in terms of likability... I assume it's based on who is around and in charge.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:32:13 am by Daruvian »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:51 am »
Did an EU Fallen/HRE admin really mass ban Semenstorm's entire team from a Strategus battle 2 minutes before we were going to win so Fallen didn't lose, profiting tens of thousands of goods or something?  Lmao, this game is fucking retarded, devs and admins are useless, and every bug or abuse or cheat will drive you nuts if you worry about it too much.  Disband your factions and #yolo into your nearest fief with full plate stacks regardless of videogame politics and let barbaric feudalism overcome the land.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 02:19:42 pm »
@Hospis, you have been pretty shitty with treating mercs in the last few battles. I mean peppo told Rohy to sign up for the other side. Yes, the guy who top frags every battle was told to sign up on the other side. I was also called an idiot in one of the open field battles for suggesting a different strategy after getting shitstomped for an hour, because our shield wall was coming down a hill thus making it useless for everyone standing behind it.

The fact of the matter is that you guys have been looking for any excuse for losing. Mercs being bad, outgeared, bugs, bad terrain on an open field battle, not having enough archers, etc.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 03:46:36 pm »
@Hospis, you have been pretty shitty with treating mercs in the last few battles. I mean peppo told Rohy to sign up for the other side. Yes, the guy who top frags every battle was told to sign up on the other side. I was also called an idiot in one of the open field battles for suggesting a different strategy after getting shitstomped for an hour, because our shield wall was coming down a hill thus making it useless for everyone standing behind it.

The fact of the matter is that you guys have been looking for any excuse for losing. Mercs being bad, outgeared, bugs, bad terrain on an open field battle, not having enough archers, etc.
Well don't be an idiot and you can fight for us  :mrgreen:

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 03:48:09 pm »
Well don't be an idiot and you can fight for us  :mrgreen:

But you're never there.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 04:10:44 pm »
+3
But you're never there.
I don't play bad games duh.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning