Author Topic: Switching weapons mid duel  (Read 1794 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Switching weapons mid duel
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 07:12:25 pm »
+1
IMO, whatever weapon have in your hand is what you use. Especially if you are saluting with it. If you are going to switch weapons mid duel, you should cycle through them to show your opponent.

Under no circumstance should you be the guy that signals for a duel with a 2h weapon and as soon as the other guy accepts pick up the +3 arbalest with a bolt loaded in it and shotgun the guy. The only exception I could see with this is if you are fucking around with a friend of yours and you are talking together on vent/ts. Have had that happen a few times. Dueling friend, he pulls out a throwing lance and all your hear on ts is OH SHIT OH SHIT.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 07:30:07 pm »
+1

Old rule from the ATS servers, before the officials.

Official server also had the rule. It got removed after a poll in the admin section. At least for EU. To all the people complaining about this: Just don't duel people who don't play within whatever your limited definition of "fair" is, it's not hard, just don't press F.

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »
Actually, I killed you the 2nd time. I still said you aren't allowed to do that, and apparently I was (semi) right.

I think you killed me the third time we fought using great maul but anyway, I still don't think your were right about it. When we started the duel we, in a way, both agree to use melee and great mauls. The fact I picked a great maul at the last seconds before the start of the duels isn't against the rules, since you were already using one and it is melee. You can't decide that only one side can use a particular weapon like the great maul. I also don't consider me picking a weapon from the ground in 2 of the 3 seconds of the countdown as you chasing me around.

Also, I never said that great maul was easy, like you seemed to have taken it, but that any weapon using crush-through is NOT a normal weapon thus making any duel with a weapon like that different from normal duel, no need to be so aggressive about it. Heck you even explained why in your post that a duel with it isn't normal.

I have yet to understand why not switching to a different MELEE weapon matter that much in a random, unimportant duel. I could understand if I randomly decided to switch to throwing and killed you, but I used the very same weapon as you almost at the beginning of the duel. Also if I remember correctly, you started one of the duel with a great maul, dropped it to pick a longsword when you realised I was using a sword of war and dropped it back again to pick the great maul when I picked my own great maul because I thought you were going to use the great maul again. So in a way the second duel was more a confusion than anything else.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:58:18 pm by Syls »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 09:29:23 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login