Author Topic: Fix archer-weight  (Read 4521 times)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Re: Fix archer-weight
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:33 am »
It´s really a shame the devs forced archers to have awareness an use teamwork with the inf. :lol:

We get it, you miss being able to kite around like a solo legolass rambo hero....

Im pretty sure if the devs wanted that. They wouldn't have added the extra weight..

Is there a chance to see anything non retarded coming from you when its about archery ? Im aware that you dont know how archery works so let me tell you that "awareness an use teamwork" does not work.

Awareness does not magicly let you shoot through shields or give you a speedboost to dodge horses. Nor does it give you magic melee enhancement that lets you fight opponents that get close on a fair level. Also awareness does not drop the armor weight penalty limit or lets us "two shot plate" like some dumbfucks, who cant tell the difference between a bolt and an arrow, still claim. It might also not give us more accuracy.

As for using teamwork with inf, bitch please, like average inf even knows the word teamwork. If they happen to do, their version of "teamwork" is letting the ranged die for the lulz just to immediately rage when the enemy has horse ranged and the own ranged is dead.

Of course you dont know these things Tzar, because all the 1000 times it has been written in here you probably were bussy opening nerf threads. Since you dont seem to be able to cope with ranged and prefere lobbying instead of developing appropriate playstyles why dont you uninstall crpg and go play farmville instead. I bet there are no mean ranged players that force you to use your brain.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2013, 08:23:05 am »
Is it possible to see a none biased useless piece of shit post from you?

Just saying.......

Anyways, keep the tears flowing.

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:20 am »
Is it possible to see a none biased useless piece of shit post from you?

Just saying.......

Anyways, keep the tears flowing.

That sounds a bit awkward coming from the king of the lobbyists.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2013, 08:31:39 am »
That sounds a bit awkward coming from the king of the lobbyists.

Heh..... Well i dont just play with one build for eternity like some of you... Wouldn't call my self a lobbyist. I like some people on this board just point out what's balanced an what is completely retarded.

I've seen so many good arguments why kiting should be removed, an 0 good ones why it should stay.

PS: arguing about balance with you and Rumblood an Aderyn is pointless...  I dunno why joker keeps trying to help your inbreed minds..
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:41:31 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2013, 08:39:12 am »
Heh..... Well i dont just play with one build for eternity like some of you... Wouldn't call my self a lobbyist. I like some people on this board just point out what's balanced an what is completely retarded.

I've seen so many good arguments why kiting should be removed, an 0 good ones why it should stay.

I think everyone understood by now that the complains about the nerf are not because of kiting, guess I was wrong. If you would actually read something before you reply a random gif you would have noticed that nobody in the archer community thinks that kiting should have stayed.

It is about the nerfing of movement speed, damage, accuracy and missilespeed that all occured simultaniously with the last patch while not giving anything in return. In other words, if you would try to shoot me down as an archer on an open field, you would not hit me once before i oneshot your face with a 1h without trying.

And stop acting so innocent about the lobbying will ya.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2013, 08:43:51 am »
I think everyone understood by now that the complains about the nerf are not because of kiting,
At the moment archery is all about standing still and shooting. If there's a cav you don't have the option to try and dodge it using footwork anymore.

I believe reverting bow/arrow weight back to the way it was will make it fun to play archer again and it will be a nerf to cav somewhat since cav can't just run archers over without even trying.

inb4 2h/piker/cav whine.

Huehuehuehue yeah sure..... its all about nerfing cav right  :?: doh... all you guys want is to be able to kite..
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:06:17 am by Tzar »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48:08 am »
+3
It´s really a shame the devs forced archers to have awareness an use teamwork with the inf. :lol:

We get it, you miss being able to kite around like a solo legolass rambo hero....

Im pretty sure if the devs wanted that. They wouldn't have added the extra weight..

As archers must stand still to fire and be effective, and the infantry has the W wedged down on their keyboard, the onus of "teamwork" as you interpret it is on the infantry. But go ahead and ignore the fact that archers are taking out those cavalry that are trying to backstab your non-aware ass from behind. We are shooting that shielder from the side that is blocking your every attack , allowing you to get in a hit. When you get in over your head surrounded by enemies and are trying your best to run back to your other infantry buddies, we are stunning the lead enemy and keeping them away from your juicy backside. We are interrupting xbows from reloading. We are taking out throwers that are trying to put axes through your skull at close range.
All the while trying to avoid getting ass raped by cavalry or shielders ourselves because you can't be assed to protect us in the same manner that we protect you every single round.

So yeah, let's talk about that teamwork thing shall we?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2013, 08:50:47 am »
Huehuehuehue  :lol:

Wtf is that now supposed to mean ? After every Tzar post I get the impression that this guy cant understand the english language. Can anyone translate what hes trying to say ? Can he understand and compute written information or is this why he is always posting gifs instead of expressing himself in textform ?

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2013, 11:35:50 am »
+3
As archers must stand still to fire and be effective, and the infantry has the W wedged down on their keyboard, the onus of "teamwork" as you interpret it is on the infantry. But go ahead and ignore the fact that archers are taking out those cavalry that are trying to backstab your non-aware ass from behind. We are shooting that shielder from the side that is blocking your every attack , allowing you to get in a hit. When you get in over your head surrounded by enemies and are trying your best to run back to your other infantry buddies, we are stunning the lead enemy and keeping them away from your juicy backside. We are interrupting xbows from reloading. We are taking out throwers that are trying to put axes through your skull at close range.
All the while trying to avoid getting ass raped by cavalry or shielders ourselves because you can't be assed to protect us in the same manner that we protect you every single round.

So yeah, let's talk about that teamwork thing shall we?

This is how I feel each time I play without my clanmates. I support others and they never support me.

Offline Don_Montega

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Don_Montega
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »
This is how I feel each time I play without my clanmates. I support others and they never support me.

I, the hybrid Crossbow Shortswordsman, agrees heartily.
But if we would all team up and assist each other it would be like this:

Infantry team Spawns, charges in for the enemy team.
Hybrid + Archer team sends hybrids to block the infantry,
Archers let loose...
Infantry cries.

:) It is wrong to not support friends.

Did some of you purebreed infantry guys even wonder, why the guy with the banhammer in front of you staggers, your
brainsauce still stays in your armored skull and you get the kill?

Because WE care.

But for now farewell,
i don't want to interrupt this "epic" post duel
of Xynox and TZAR.

*sneaks into ambush position*
Roar the battlecry when charging into melee,
but stay calm and keep your silence,
when aiming for a final and deadly shot.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »
You can't reason with the unreasonable. I'd just like to know why the devs left things in this state.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2013, 09:51:08 pm »
I'd just like to know why the devs left things in this state.

For balance sake maybe  :?:

You can't reason with the unreasonable.

Huehuehue the irony....  :lol: