Author Topic: Eternal thread about ranged  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: Eternal thread about ranged
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 03:19:25 pm »
just lol tzar once you are in meele as inf you get so many points because of your hits + the hits from your teammates if they are close enough so you can kinda multiply it
and ranged is far away from the real battle they only get their own points and as a good archer you shoot like 40-50 arrows a round (siege) and you hit maybe 50% of the time
as xbower you shoot max 24 bolts and thats really hard you kinda gotta insta shoot all the time (siege) and hit only 70% as a better xbower
so dont come up with that
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 03:41:33 pm »
+1
yes but melee usually run the risk of death or at least being hit when they attack someone. ranged can safely pew pew for points with no personal risk if the system was changed.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 04:08:33 pm »
+4
Change battle mode from round based team deathmatch to round based conquest.

Otherwise there is no point in discussing anything regarding the balance of the different classes, because the game objective is causing a lot of problems which can not really be adressed by tweaking the "fighting stats" (shot speed, damage, accuracy, etc.)

The only thing a thread like this one can lead to is  lot of whine, accusations and a whole ton of lobbying.

I myself don't like ranged, I don't like to play it and I especially don't like to die to it. But I can very well understand that other people do like playing ranged, and with the current stats concerning their deadliness, I appreciate the amount of skill needed to to have a good K/D-R. And most of all, I see the necessity of having the class in the game. But as I know that my opinion can never be unbiased, I won't judge it.

In a few other threads I made some points about flexibility, choice of targets and so on, and if I think about it it might have sounded like the usual archer bashing, but it was only meant to show the problems battle mode is bringing. That's why I say: remove battle, implement conquest, buff archers, buff cavalry. And please, for fuck's sake, replace the upkeep system with something working.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 06:03:27 pm »
There have been several threads about different aspects of ranged playstyle and it's place in the game balance. Some of them got closed or deleted, but people still want to discuss it, so let it be a permanent thread for that.
[Feel free to whine here!]
Well, let me begin:

IMO ranged should get approximately +20-30% points for shooting. Getting valour for shooting is much harder than for being (for example) a shielder like me. And it's not about "ranged are unhonorable dicks and only shiny knights should get valour", let's skip the RP part - valour is a way of rewarding skill, and now it's just unbalanced. It's easy to prove: Bagge is much more skilled in archery than me in melee, but he still doesn't get valour as often as I do. Simple as that.

Also, did anyone think about why we have so much archers on public servers, but quite few of them on Strategus? I can't come up with any reasonable explanation.

Could be wrong, but.....strat battles. They just are not getting hired by defense. Why? Because the team needs to protect the flags, fend off cav, hold a position, and archers sure as hell are not going to do that.

Strat siege......shitton of archers on defense. Not so much on attack because they need to push back the defense in order to win. Few seiges are won by killing all the troops.

Thoughts?

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:38 pm »
Lower rewards (points, valours) for my old friendgy classes (xbow, archers, ha, hx, cav to some extent) are essential to keep game balanced, and protect them from even more real nerfs(damage, accuracy...).

Its simple: one archer is not op and only little annoying, many archers are op and very very annoying.

greater rewards -> more archers -> more qq -> more nerfs for archers

So think two times about what you want. :wink:

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19:55 pm »
+1
Wait, so you actually mean that more people will play archer cause of some stupid score system?
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 09:33:33 pm »
+1
ofc, if even only above average archer can see his name high on scoreboard regulary and get some valour.

you underestimates peoples ego

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 10:16:17 pm »
Valor should be removed anyway, horrible feature and pretty fucking unfair. On EU_4 I can get valor by killing one plated charger and hitting some guys a few times when the playerbase amount is like 10-20 players, which takes way less skill than doing something actual, valor rewards going for cheap kills, lightly armored guys, and in general rewards guys who refuse to fight people they might lose against.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 10:37:26 pm »
you underestimates peoples ego

Obviously :P
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 01:19:06 pm »
Valor should be removed anyway, horrible feature and pretty fucking unfair. On EU_4 I can get valor by killing one plated charger and hitting some guys a few times when the playerbase amount is like 10-20 players, which takes way less skill than doing something actual, valor rewards going for cheap kills, lightly armored guys, and in general rewards guys who refuse to fight people they might lose against.

Killing a plated charger is pretty good for your team though, a tincan can take more hits so he rewards more points afaik, so peasants arent really the best choice for valour whoring unless there is 10+ of them
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »
Killing a plated charger is pretty good for your team though, a tincan can take more hits so he rewards more points afaik, so peasants arent really the best choice for valour whoring unless there is 10+ of them
A destrier is worth more than a plated charger, and killing some new players plated charger does no good whatsoever, and tincans take more hits due to their armor removing some of the damage you deal, if two people with the same build was hit once with the same weapon and build and one had 70 armor and the other had 0 you'll get more points from hitting the guy with 0 due to taking more of his hp.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14:28 pm »
The points are just for show.

But I have sometimes questioned it when I take down a full health tincan with a throwing lance to the face.
Only to get 2 points.....

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 03:16:27 am »
The points are just for show.

Sadly no, if it would only be that, it be fine. But right now point is the requirement to who get valor.  :?
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted: