Author Topic: DTV: The Blocking Bots  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: DTV: The Blocking Bots
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 07:18:56 am »
TL;DR:
LET US USE THE GODDAMN BADASS CATAPULTS AND SHIT THAT YOU MADE FOR THIS MOD!

Indeed, once we're able to fire catapults into the masses of bots to one shot 6 at a time I will know true happiness.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 08:10:06 am »
You want to know what will happen if bots will become able to block? Just go and take a look at NordInvasion  :D

People there aren't crying because of bots being able to block, chamber, feint so fast that even Phase would faint from the speed, they just use an old, forgotten in cRPG and apparently WORKING strategy: TEAMWORK.

There are no solo heroes there, even guys with best equipment, highest level and helluva-long range weapons eventually need to cooperate with other players to succeed. One thing that DTV and NI have in common, is that reward depends on survivability of players and teamwork (I know NI rewards more for kills, but still)

You want to dominate in DTV? Keep bots on range, don't let them attack you at once (keep them in line, for example), have a long weapon and hard-hitting build.
You want to dominate in NordInvasion? Work together with other players, build barricades, TEAMWAAK :D

So, if you'd ever consider improving DTV again, give us some barricades and, if you could, make bots able to attack them, instead of just ignoring and getting stuck. Would be lovely :)
In NordInvasion shield are over twice as good and can also be repaired, which is the reason why shield walls work so great there. Now that I think about it though, here in cRPG people can get 13 shield skill which makes shields unable to break. If some players would dedicate their accounts to be a shielder, then it might work.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34:47 am »
+2
DTV was awesome when it was Defend The Village, there was only a few maps and anyone who "abused" the AI by going to unreachable places got banned on them.
It forced people to use teamwork making shield walls with long polearms, mauls and ranged behind and other cool things.

DTV now days is get bots stuck on a fence and Have Fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »
In NordInvasion shield are over twice as good and can also be repaired, which is the reason why shield walls work so great there. Now that I think about it though, here in cRPG people can get 13 shield skill which makes shields unable to break. If some players would dedicate their accounts to be a shielder, then it might work.

First time I went to DTV there honestly were dedicated shielders with nothing but shield-skill. It was amazing teamwork.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 01:13:51 pm »
DTV was awesome when it was Defend The Village, there was only a few maps and anyone who "abused" the AI by going to unreachable places got banned on them.
It forced people to use teamwork making shield walls with long polearms, mauls and ranged behind and other cool things.

DTV now days is get bots stuck on a fence and Have Fun.
Fixed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

There were quite a few dedicated shielders once upon a time, but guess what happened?
Players from the homo rushus nobrainus tribe decided, that going forward at bots and hoping they'll feel fear from our numbers and back off like normal players would do, is a good plan!
Who cares it didn't worked 999 times? Maybe the 1000th will be the charm?  :P
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline BenonKnight

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 6
  • Hannibal ante portas!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hannibal_of_Carthage
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 09:22:03 pm »
There are still good shielders but you are right, not much. I dont like NI because of its exp character build system, and not differential equipment. Also bots are too less differential.
"I will either find a way, or make one."-
                                                      Hannibal