Author Topic: The minimum number of changes to make Strat 5 interesting  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: The minimum number of changes to make Strat 5 interesting
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:39 pm »
is strat 4 getting reset or what?

Why would it?

At last carebears are getting disbanded and strat gets to be very enjoyable
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »
So the consensus so far seems to be that 1 and 3 are ok but 4 doesn't go far enough to help small clans on its own due to the S&D system.  Meanwhile people are divided on 3 but possibly that's because that's a one off event each strat.  Interesting to know :D

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:33:30 pm »
with the load of fiefs available small clans should be able to trade till they drop...

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 10:35:39 pm »
with the load of fiefs available small clans should be able to trade till they drop...

They should which is why i left out S&D initially.  There's loads of it around but perhaps the issue is one of the vast resources built up already by larger clans/alliances rather than the S&D system itself.  Equipment Upkeep could be the answer to that

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 10:39:26 pm »
That, or make it attractive for clans to open their borders (tax is not enough)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »

Most clans have closed borders and attack people entering on sight. Atleast that is how it is in NA. EU is a little different because clans have been quitting (RE: DRZ leaving 100k+ S&D in their fiefs)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:26 pm »
Most clans have closed borders and attack people entering on sight. Atleast that is how it is in NA. EU is a little different because clans have been quitting (RE: DRZ leaving 100k+ S&D in their fiefs)

????  We have 5 fiefs open to traders at this point (Curaw, Reyvadin, Knudarr castle, Tilbaut castle, and Tahlberl) (jelbegi castle may be open soon), we border a free trade fief (Tadsamesh) and are close to 2 free trade fiefs (Uslum and Shulus).  And that is just the northern part of the map.  part of the reason we want to take away some of hosp fiefs - 26K unused S&D we took and they never allowed free trade over a huge area of land.  i think there are some free trade fiefs in South other than reindi castle.  Plenty of places for free traders.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:58 pm »
They should which is why i left out S&D initially.  There's loads of it around but perhaps the issue is one of the vast resources built up already by larger clans/alliances rather than the S&D system itself.  Equipment Upkeep could be the answer to that
That, or make it attractive for clans to open their borders (tax is not enough)
in theory s&d is a good idea, but in practice it just leads to hugging it up in order to gain the most profit.
clans dont have the luxury to let others waste their s&d, i dont think making more and more additions to this will help making strat more fun at all, its rather the contrary.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 08:37:51 am »
+2
#1, 3, 4
agreed

cRPG Clans = Strategus Factions, people should only be able to vote for their own members. If the fies which could be voted for are randomised by spawn location and faction members who would spawn there too by chance, tehn there should be something introduced also to trasnfer fiefs to none faction members without the need of them joining own faction(cooldown!)

Problem 4: IMO this is a problem with S&D. Individuals and small clans can't keep up with large clans in regards to money and as such are always out geared.
Secondary S&D pool for none faction/clan members. Free Traders would also gain PP by reaching certain limits of trade. These PP could be used to increase Prosperity or Looms anywhere on the MAP. There wont be one Faction who wouldn't want to ahve them in their fiefs anymore and it would be needed for a very carefull tax policies so Free Traders wouldn't switch their favourit routs.

#5 Black Smith
Problem: After every battle you have from one type of gear up to 8 different loom states. Not only does this make icons unbelievable small, but also when you run out of small stacks you always need to switch to the next stack etc. and not to forget about not being able to use some stuff at all because of the ongoing problem that when you have too much gear in one row you wouldn't be able to even choose it.

Solution: Those places where you can buy loomed gear also would offer a Black Smith Service which would allow you to upgrade the damaged gear upto the loom level available at that place. You then would need to pay a fee % of the original price depending on how many loom level you would like to upgrade it and on discount.

So what you would see afterwards, is that gear will be transported back to repair it and get it battle ready again and not just sell or waist it. Armies will more often just have a clean pool of equipment easily accessible, and to hell with that mess you have to sort through all these things to see if you haven't missed a position and wut not enough shields ...

#6 more options to spent Strategus tickets, like already mentioned repair walls

#7 passive bonus through Renown depending on playstyle(merc,conquerere,trader,...)

#8 more information in faction tab, location if in fief, speed if outside fief, this information for rank 7+

#9 NIGTHTIME to 14h

#10 upheaval, unrest, revolutions for major Land Hungry Factions

EDIT:
in theory s&d is a good idea, but in practice it just leads to hugging it up in order to gain the most profit.
clans dont have the luxury to let others waste their s&d, i dont think making more and more additions to this will help making strat more fun at all, its rather the contrary.
S&D is great, i wouldn't want to have that removed, it drive the basic greed in us, grab or protect what you can. Even the S&D terrorism as strategic option is quite nice. To counter big factions, there needs to be implemetned soemthing that you can count them and therefor reduce their production power accordingly plus identify if they are in alliances and even reduce more their production capabilities.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:41:45 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 09:06:06 am »
+6

Problem 1:
Too much of an advantage for defenders after winning a siege.
Solution 1: Destroyed walls should stay destroyed for a minimum of 24 hours after a battle and after that they should have to be repaired using PP.
Result: If you re-attack a Fief within 24 hours you don't have to redestroy the walls.  After that you may or may not have to depending on whether or not any PP have been saved up for repairs.
Walls isn't the main problem. The thing is that if you have 2000-2500 equipped troops in def, you will win almost  all the time & will get a lot of loot. IMHO Battle multiplier is one of the best options to fix this.

About small battles & rosters:
MORE XP! If I'll get equivalent of X5 playing 100vs100 battle, I would sing for every possible fight :)

Some other problems which need to be fixed till Strat 5:
Raid system
Night time
Removing advantage of multiacc & accsharing
Repairing of broken stuff
& other minor fixes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:08 am »
+1
About small battles & rosters:
MORE XP! If I'll get equivalent of X5 playing 100vs100 battle, I would sing for every possible fight :)

This. Would help greatly in filling the roster for all those low ticket battles. I know I would attend more battles, because I play strat for XP only (and I'm probably not the only one).