Author Topic: The winter of my discontent  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The winter of my discontent
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 01:56:01 pm »
+1
I guess that it would be enough if current level 31 was replaced with 33
players with currently level 33 would be level 35 in new system.
And lvl 35 would be lvl 37! 24 24 build! Hell yeah!  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 07:24:25 pm »
+2
Kinda works.  :o

Also remove exp increase per gen, makes it way too painful for gen 1 people (new players) to get to their first loompoint, while gen 16 people can grind it out super fast in comparison. Instead add more multipliers or just increase exp per tick to something like an gen8 would get..

You know what? No.

The new gen 1 people have it WAY easier than I did when I was doing gen 1-5. The top gen and level players right now are as Peasants compared to the raging Goretooth's and Gen 97 Kesh's that I had to deal with as a new player. No level limits, wpf limits, slot limits, no archery nerfs, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Kids nowadays have got it way too easy.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »
+1
You know... even if now they get more exp, more gold and it's easier for peasants, they are having their asses kicked more anyway. It's because player base proceeded a lot which means a lot of new players are dying from kicks, chambers, super magic combo movements etc. Long time ago players had better weapons, better armours and peasants had shit but there were more nabs and nabs could at least fight with nabs. People at that time weren't kicking and chambering so much.

Killing a newcomer is very easy anyway so they may well be given gear and exp in the begining. It won't change much for us but for them it will be helpful.

The moment when you push away newcomers is when they can't level up, they have shitty gear and they don't even know how to block so they can't even pretend they are fighting... Do you want to make it hard for them because it used to be hard for everyone over 2 years ago? At least we didn't have to start when playerbase was already skilled. They just had gear and could block manually.

We need peasants because we need more players not because we need fresh meat.

(forgot to mention that now everybody is running in loomed gear)

Skyrim UI

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:44 pm »
There are still nabs to fight nabs.

Your suggestion won't change a thing. They will still NEVER catch up. Ever. Luckily, they don't have to. It doesn't take long to get a decent set of gear. What the players who have been around here forever have over them is the ability to change classes and have their gear set ready to go.

The ONLY thing your suggestion would do is slow down the time between retires which is when people switch to a new class. So you would just make it take THAT MUCH LONGER for the veterans who have earned the right to spend less time in a class.

FYI, people were blocking, kicking, feinting, chambering, hilt slashing, etc. 2 years ago as well.

And you know what? A peasant in MW gear will STILL get his ass kicked and FOR CERTAIN will quit the mod. You know why? Until that point he could believe that it was his gear holding him back and man, when he gets his good stuff, just watch out!
When it takes time to level, that actually turns out to be true. But give them instant gear and levels and suddenly they realize that it isn't the gear, but that they simply SUCK at the game and yeah, those lacking intestinal fortitude will quit.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln